Pack Challenge by Shelly Laurenston

Pack Challenge (edition 2006)

by Shelly Laurenston

Member:sidhevicious
Title:Pack Challenge
Authors:Shelly Laurenston
Info:Samhain Publishing (2006), Paperback, 213 pages
Collections:Your library, Wishlist
Tags:wishlist

Pack Challenge by Shelly Laurenston (Author)

Action packed paranormal story that did indeed have graphic language, violence and hot sex but wrapped in so much humor I found it a very enjoyable book. In a crowed bar wolf-man Zach is captivated by Sarah who walks with a limp and calls him her pretty man.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
This book opens with Sara getting drunk off her ass in celebration of her grandmother's death. The fact that the abusive woman died months ago and the whole town is still ecstatic over it shows just how evil the old bat was. During Sara's revelry, she ends up sticking her tongue down an out-of-town biker's throat, but before things go much further Sara is pried off the guy by her two best friends. Sara isn't really someone who gropes random men without the motivation of tequila, so when the biker shows up at her work place the next day she's a bit embarrassed.

Sara was an interesting character. Her leg is screwed up from when she was mauled by a mountain lion when she was a kid, so she spends 90 percent of the book limping around town. Turns out that the lion was actually a shifter seeking revenge against Sara's family. With the death of her grandmother the lions are back to trying to kill Sara. Bad thing is that Sara doesn't know that monsters are real and she especially doesn't know that she's a wolf shifter. I really don't care for storylines centered on the main character discovering that vampires, werewolves, etc. are real. The whole chain of denial, proving, and slowly coming to terms the revelation gets a little boring. That was my main problem with this book. I got bored with Sara slowly discovering the paranormal aspects of her world, especially since it eclipsed the whole lions are trying to kill Sara plot.

The romance between Sara and Zach was also a little dull to me. I liked Zach, but he wasn't the most interesting Laurenston hero I've read. Zach has a game plan and that doesn't include a meaningful relationship. His current goal is to become pack leader and sleep with a crap ton of women. So when he meets Sara he's immediately intrigued and scared shit-less by the intense attraction he has to her. He's determined to just tell her she's a wolf shifter and high-tail it out of town. But, of course, things don't go according to his plans. Like I said, Zach was sort of vanilla. I liked him but there wasn't anything really interesting about him. All in all, I'd recommend this book for fans of Shelly Laurenston, but if you're looking to get into this author I would suggest starting with [b:Beast Behaving Badly|6972157|Beast Behaving Badly (Pride, #5)|Shelly Laurenston|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1275613103s/6972157.jpg|7212076]. ( )
  Book_Minx | Jan 24, 2015 |
Many people have been raving about this author recently so I took a gamble and read this book. It was interesting, intelligently written but it also made me smile and chuckle to myself a few times.

The relationships between the group of female friends were very entertaining despite their constant bitching and fighting, it was obvious they loved each other dearly. Plus, the main couple didn't jump into bed straight away so it got extra points from me just for that.

My overall impression is that this series gets better and better so I'll be reading that next book quite soon. ( )
  Cynical_Ames | Sep 23, 2014 |
I really, really liked this! The characters were all incredibly funny and the plot was pretty original too, since there wasn't a plot per say. Sara was a little on the psychotic side, but that just made everything more fun. Zach is in for a lifetime of never boredom! ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
I guess I could forgive an author's early work. But the series does improve later on. ( )
  aoibhealfae | Jun 2, 2014 |

"What's an Alpha Male to do when he meets the Alpha Female of his dreams? Step one, hide all sharp objects. All Zach Sheridan ever wanted was to become Alpha Male of his Pack and be left alone. What he definitely didn't need in his life was some needy female demanding his attention. What he never saw coming was the vicious, scarred female who not only demanded his attention but knew exactly how to get it. Sara Morrighan knew this was the best she could expect from her life. Good friends. A nice place to live. And a safe job. But when Zach rode into her small Texas town with his motorcycle club, Sara knew she wanted more. She knew she wanted him. But after one sexy encounter with her dream biker, everything is starting to change. Her body. Her strength. That new thing she's doing with the snarling. Even her best friends are starting to wonder what's going on with her. But this is only the beginning. Sara's about to find out her life was meant for so much more. And Zach's about to find true love with the one woman who makes him absolutely insane. Warning, this title contains the following: explicit sex, graphic language, and strong violence"--Back cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,293,713 books! | Top bar: Always visible