dismiss

Complete Book of Home Preserving by Judi…

Complete Book of Home Preserving (2006)

by Judi Kingry (Editor), Lauren Devine (Editor)

Features four hundred recipes for salsas, savory sauces, chutneys, pickles, relishes, jams, jellies, and fruit spreads, including instructions for beginners and tips for experienced cooks.

Fabulous recipes and good clear directions on how to can many foods. ( )
  TheBibliophage | Mar 20, 2018 |
To see a few of my favorite canning recipes, please visit my blog readrantrockandroll.

This is my go to canning book that has many of my favorite canning recipes that I use yearly including jams, jellies, relish, pickles, soups, sauces and more. It's nearly the only canning book I need to can whatever recipes I want to have throughout the year. The directions are simple. This complete book of home preserving contains recipes for water bath canning and pressure canning with safety information for both methods.

5***** ( )
  Mischenko | Nov 30, 2017 |
I learned everything I know about canning from Ball's Blue Book. This book takes many of their standard recipes and updates them, adds many new recipes, and gives loads of tips on every step from choosing produce to trouble shooting what went wrong.

I would recommend this book to seasoned canners to try new flavors and ingredients as well as to beginners who will get reliable, tested directions for this rewarding endeavor. ( )
  mamzel | Sep 4, 2011 |
There are a lot of great recipes in this book that I can't wait to try... once fresh fruit is in season in New England again. I've already made the jalapeno salsa and it was so delicious that I ate an entire half pint with one meal! This would be a great reference book to have around, but I'm not sure if I'd be willing to pay full price for it. ( )
  lemontwist | Feb 1, 2010 |
A better title would be The Complete Book of Home Water-Bath Canning. It's not complete because home preserving includes dehydrating, freezing and pressure canning as well.

The recipes are good, leaning towards the unique rather than the basics. Everything I have tried has turned out well. ( )
  harvesthomestead | Nov 19, 2009 |

Kingry, JudiEditorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Devine, LaurenEditormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Home canning puts the pleasure of eating natural, delicious produce at your fingertips year-round.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 146,627,621 books! | Top bar: Always visible