Dare You Twice (A Kate Blakemore Thriller)…

Dare You Twice (A Kate Blakemore Thriller)

by Murray Bailey

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I was very impressed that not only was I sent this book via the library thing for free but the author also included the first in the series. Along with this The author kindly signed this which I think was lovely and very personal to each reviewer. This review has taken longer than I expected but better late than never.

1. I Dare You; I loved the adventure of the the book How Kate is led around not knowing who is a friend or who to trust. Anything psychological that keeps you guessing is a win in my eyes.
2. Dare you twice; it only gets better as the story goes it defiantly shows a lot of action along the way & again some great twists and turns as you go along. This was an excellent read & I'll be passing these along to my friends to read too.

My first signed copy of a book, thank you Murray Bailey. I hope to read more of your work in the future ( )
  Laul1793 | Oct 20, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I was very lucky in that the author kindly sent me not only this book but also the first in the series I Dare you. So this review is for both.

So firstly 'I Dare You' - took me a while to get into this book, but I persevered and was so glad I did because I became hooked. How Kate is led around Europe not knowing who is a friend & finding that perhaps her boyfriend isn't who he said he was.......
Once you realise you have to take a few steps forward then go back a few then this book comes alive. So many twists & turns that I just couldn't put the book down....I read it in one afternoon!
My brother knows Windsor etc well & he loved it too. It kept you thinking what next will happen to Kate, & where is 'Joe'. Loved the ending, despite not being a cat lover!

'Dare you twice' review - wow this one I think was far better maybe because I'd read the first I'm not sure. Kate is now a PI, & is asked to investigate how a girl escaped a locked room.......
Plenty of action along the way & again a couple of curve balls thrown in....but I was a little disappointed at the end...would the 'janitor' really get caught out like that?.
Still it was an excellent read & I'm hoping my brother likes it too.

My real thanks to the author Murray Bailey for being so kind in sending both copies & for signing the second one....another to add to my collection of signed books. ( )
  lastengland | Aug 8, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was a great easy enjoyable read and would be ideal for taking on holiday or similar. Murray kindly sent me the first book in the series, "I Dare You" as well and I would recommend reading this first if you can. Although the storylines are separate I think the characters are much easier to relate to and understand in "Dare You Twice" if you have read the first one. The story certainly kept me interested and the books were quite difficult to put down. I was instantly drawn in as Kate, the main character''s cat is called 'Tolkien' and I am a big Lord of the Rings fan and have a cat named Gandalf! The books move around to various parts of the UK and World and I know the UK ones pretty well so that was great for me. It certainly keeps you guessing as to who's a 'goodie' and who's a 'baddie' and I could identify with Kate as she floundered a bit in working out who to trust. There are a few errors which should have been picked up in proof reading and irritated me a bit, but I have done this as part of my job so might just be a bit sensitive. Thanks to LibraryThing for arranging this. It is the first book I have reviewed so don't judge the review too harshly! ( )
  AmandaMoira | Aug 7, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Disclaimer: I received this book for free from LibraryThing in return for an honest review. This book picks up after the events of the previous book, "I Dare You". Kate Blackmore and her boyfriend Scott work investigating missing persons cases. Kate is investigating a missing girl in Canada while Scott is looking for his twin in the Middle East. But there past comes back to haunt them and Kate's life, in particular, is in danger.

I found the different plot lines to be disjointed. I had a hard time being invested in some of the plot. But overall I liked the sequel but I prefer the pervious book. ( )
  RebeccaLMello | Jul 30, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book as part of the Early Reviewers scheme. It was signed by the author as well. I already have 3 books from this author, which I love.

The story was fast-paced and easy to follow, I read the first book and I loved it. I was scared to start this one because I thought it was unlikely that this book would be better than the first one. The book is good and I am glad I read the first one because I got to know more about Kate and her background story, however, the first one for me is better. Overall, the book is quite good and it does not disappoint. I like Kate, her character is realistic and relatable. ( )
  rominasx | Jul 27, 2018 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Murray Bailey's book Dare You Twice is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Murray Bailey is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,848,765 books! | Top bar: Always visible