Ready by Lucy Monroe

Authors:Lucy Monroe
Info:Kensington (2005), Paperback, 304 pages
Tags:Fiction, eBook

Ready by Lucy Monroe

“They’re the good guys fighting the bad guys. They’ll get the job done – if the price is right and so is the case. Meet three sexy men who are READY, WILLING, and ABLE to go the distance – and together, are unstoppable…”

Lise Barton is an author on a deadline. She also has a lot more stress in her life than meeting her deadline. Lise has recently relocated from her family home in Texas to a lonely apartment complex in Seattle, Washington. She made the choice to move because her stalker threatened her family. If she moved away she could keep them safe. Lise didn’t tell her family why she was moving. She didn’t want them to worry.

Joshua Watt spent 6 years as an Army Ranger. When he didn’t re-up, he decided to become a mercenary with his Ranger buddies Hotwire and Nitro. (In case you’re wondering, Joshua’s nickname is Wolf.) His latest mission required that he extract a small boy from a jungle where he was being held for ransom. Joshua is going to spend Thanksgiving with his sister Bella (also Lise’s sister-in-law). Bella requests that Joshua pick up Lise first. Lise, of course, wasn’t going to go home and put her family at risk.

When Joshua reaches Lise’s apartment and almost looses his head to a poker iron, he demands an explanation. Lise tells him the whole story about her stalker, including the two police officials who wouldn’t investigate her complaint. Joshua instantly puts his team on the case and refuses to let Lise pay him.

Much of the book is based around Joshua and Lise finding Lise’s stalker. The bad guy wasn’t much of a surprise and from the first few snippets of story told from his point of view, he was easy to pin down. Not his exact identity but his personality and motive.

Well, I’ve checked around the web and it seems most people enjoyed this book. Obviously I was in a funk when I read this. Ready was filled with a lot of moments that made me roll my eyes and I thought that both main characters did some pretty stupid things. For me this book was working on a solid D until the ending which bumped it up to a C. I’m a sucker for a good ending. It appears I’m in the minority with my opinion of this book so I’m going to continue with this series and give book #2 a shot. ( )
  Once-Upon-a-Chapter | Nov 10, 2014 |
More like 2 1/2 stars. Average action/romance, light on the action novel. Both lead characters are a bit under developed for my taste. Nothing extraordinary or even special. ( )
  writerlibrarian | Aug 25, 2013 |
First in the trilogy. Mecenary romance with suspense (of course). Quick read. Strong characters. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 12, 2013 |
I like this type of book, and it did hold an appeal for me until the end. The story pretty much read itself with no surprises. I'm going to read the next book in the series to see if it heats up a bit. I was a bit bored in the first. If you liked this book and are looking for another one along the same lines try Lori Fosters... When You Dare, Trace of fever, and Savor the danger ... its also a trilogy. ( )
  ijpanko | Apr 25, 2013 |
good romantic thriller; not enough depth or friction between the characters, but the male character was very alpha. will definitely read on in the series ( )
  blingtastic | Dec 4, 2007 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0758208642, Paperback)

As a writer, Lise Barton is used to coming up with wild scenarios for her characters, but the one that's playing out for her right now is no fiction - it's frighteningly real. Someone is stalking her, someone who knows where she lives and what she does. Someone who has even threatened her family - her brother, his wife, and their precious baby girl. Lise isn't about to let someone hurt them, so she packs up and leaves Texas for the anonymity of Seattle. And then the threats start again...Joshua Watt's mission is simple: Go to Seattle and bring Lise home for Thanksgiving or he'll never hear the end of it from his sister. It's not like "Aunt Lise" to stay away from their adorable niece, and Joshua's pretty sure he's the reason for it. He's spent months trying to forget the taste of her lips, the feel of her soft hair in his fingers. Yeah, okay, he wants her - badly - but family comes first. But the minute he sees the fear in Lise's eyes, his survival instincts kick in. The former Army Ranger isn't about to let some creep terrorize an innocent woman - not on his watch. He's going to do what it takes to protect Lise and try to keep his personal feelings out of it. Because if there's one thing he's learned, it's that sex and work don't mix. Not ever. So far...

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:38:57 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,355,849 books! | Top bar: Always visible