Sex, Lies, and Online Dating by Rachel…

Sex, Lies, and Online Dating (edition 2006)

by Rachel Gibson

Member:koalalover
Title:Sex, Lies, and Online Dating
Authors:Rachel Gibson (Author)
Info:Avon Books (2006), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:***
Tags:contemporary, romance, chic lit, read in 2012, Lucy Rothschild & Quinn McIntyre, read in 2013

Sex, Lies, and Online Dating by Rachel Gibson

I was hoping for something more like chick-lit and less like a full blown romance novel. I'm not that fond of explicit sex talk, so ultimately this ended up not being my kind of thing. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Apr 18, 2016 |
I listened to an audiobook of this title. It was predictable in the extreme. As soon as I knew there was a serial killer, I knew exactly who the serial killer was. The roller-coaster relationship between Quinn and Lucy was banal and had me rolling my eyes more than once. I can't keep my hands off him, he's broken my heart, I can't keep my hands off him, he's broken my heart. . . I'm sure I would not have made it half way through this book in print. As an audiobook that I listened to with half an ear while multitasking, however, it was not entirely devoid of entertainment value, mostly due to a decent narrator and some steamy scenes when the protagonist was not whining about being heartbroken. ( )
  JMlibrarian | Apr 10, 2016 |
I enjoyed this book. I do share some of the concerns from the less-than-enthusiastic reviews (namely, for me, the suspense could have been more, uh...suspenseful :-)), but I thought it was a fun read with likeable characters. And to be fair, I wasn't looking for a suspense story when I picked it up. ( )
  LeahDee | Jan 24, 2016 |
Crap! This book was a fully 5 star book until the epilogue. I feel like maybe some final chapter was left out? Anyone else? Seriously, I HATE it when authors clearly get tired of a book and just stop. Thank god the main story was resolved or I would have been spitting nails.

This book was awesome y'all. A hint of mystery. Some hot chemistry. And a really fun plot. She's online dating for research for her next murder mystery novel--he's online dating because he's an undercover cop trying to find their online dating serial killer. Let the hikinks ensue. It's not "great" literature by any means, but it's a hell of an entertaining read. And the fact that she falls in love with him in about .2 seconds after she gives him a real chance doesn't really even bother me. And that's saying something because I detest that plot moving "technique."

At one point many years ago I know I read part of her Chinook series and liked her writing style. I'll be looking for more from Ms. Gibson. ( )
  mullgirl | Jun 8, 2015 |
Fun and fast paced. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |

Rachel Gibsonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Althans, Antjesecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gool, Frances vansecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060772913, Mass Market Paperback)

She explained the trouble with Valentine's Day (as if you didn't know!) Now Rachel Gibson tells all about . . .

Sex . . .

What is it about men anyway? Bad cars, bad jobs, even bad teeth—nothing convinces them that they can't snare a Size Two Babe with a D-cup chest. And after way too many internet dates with men named "luvstick" and "bigdaddy182," Lucy Rothschild should know.

Lies . . .

But sitting across from her now is "hardluvnman," and he seems different—sensitive, honest, and hot! He says he's a plumber, while Lucy claims she's a nurse! She's really a mystery writer, dating online while researching her next book. Hey, everyone lies a little, don't they?

And Online Dating . . .

But Quinn's really an undercover cop hunting down a serial killer, and he sees Lucy as his top suspect. And while he could really go for this smart, sexy woman with the killer bod—if that's the only thing "killer" about her—he knows he needs to wine and dine her and discover the truth. Hey, he realizes the dating scene can be deadly—but this is ridiculous!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:45 -0400)

An undercover cop hunting for a serial killer realizes the online dating scene can be deadly when his date becomes his top suspect.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,254,279 books! | Top bar: Always visible