Susannah's Garden by Debbie Macomber

Susannah's Garden

by Debbie Macomber

English (23)  Tagalog (1)  All (24)
Linda Emond & Laural Merlington
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
Sussanah returns to her small home town in western Washington to put her mother in assisted living, but also to find her first, disappeared true love. Truth isndiscovered and along the way Susannah rediscovers her love for her husband. Good, romantic family story as Macomber always delivers. ( )
  pennykaplan | Jan 22, 2015 |
I really enjoyed this book. First of all, I'm a definite Debbie Macomber fan. I initially 'found' Debbie Macomber through her 1st title in the Cedar Cove Series. While needing to read another title by Debbie Macomber and w-a-i-t-i-n-g for another title in the series to be published, I discovered the Blossom Street Series. I have read these books "out of order" not on purpose - it just happened this way. In discovering that I had not read Book #3, I had it on my wish list and my husband purchased it for my birthday. Finding your favorite title in any series by Debbie Macomber is like trying to eat one chocolate chip cookie. But this is my definite favorite. I couldn't put it down - I'm not used to a Debbie Macomber title having suspense - this one's a page turner but I'm not going to spoil it. It's a must read! I fell asleep trying to finish it last night so this morning I finished it before starting the long list of things yet to be done before Christmas. I had to know the ending. I'm glad I was awake! Enjoy!! :) ( )
  Corduroy7 | Aug 6, 2014 |
I loved the twists in this one. Just when I thought I knew the answer for sure it was the alternative. I am enjoying this series immensly. ( )
  spotknewt | Apr 30, 2014 |
Wondeful story of the generations. Susannah's mother is becoming less able to care for herself in her family home. Susannah's daughter is finishing her year of college, her boyfriend seems distant, and her future seems bleak. And Susannah's summer off from the classroom doesn't seem adequate to handle everyone's problems - including her own. Why is her ex-boyfriend showing up in her dreams so often? An engaging story by Macomber, as usual. These characters all come to life and their problems matter to you before the story develops much at all. Recommended. ( )
  wareagle78 | Jan 25, 2014 |
Susannah's Garden is also published as Old Boyfriends.
ISBN 1423305035 is unabridged audiobook.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0778324443, Mass Market Paperback)

When Susannah Nelson turned eighteen, she said goodbye to her boyfriend, Jake—and never saw him again. She never saw her brother, Doug, again, either. He died unexpectedly that same year.

Now, at fifty, Susannah finds herself regretting the paths not taken. Long married, a mother and a teacher, she should be happy. But she feels there's something missing in her life. Not only that, she's balancing the demands of an aging mother and a temperamental twenty-year-old daughter.

Her mother, Vivian, a recent widow, is having difficulty coping and living alone, so Susannah goes home to Colville, Washington. In returning to her parents' house, her girlhood friends and the garden she's always loved, she also returns to the past—and the choices she made back then. What she discovers is that things are not always as they once seemed. Some paths are dead ends. But some gardens remain beautiful….

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:15 -0400)

Fifty-year-old Susannah Nelson returns to her childhood home and to the garden she has always loved, where she discovers that some paths were meant to be taken and others were meant to be buried forever.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,444,360 books! | Top bar: Always visible