Dead to the world : a Sookie Stackhouse…

Dead to the world : a Sookie Stackhouse novel (edition 2005)

by Charlaine Harris

7,203188495 (4.05)212
Member:wyvernfriend
Title:Dead to the world : a Sookie Stackhouse novel
Authors:Charlaine Harris (Author)
Info:London : Orbit, 2005.
Collections:Library Loans, Read but unowned
Rating:***1/2
Tags:fiction, read, 2012, library, pp, vampires, werewolves, were, shifters, november

Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris

Night Pleasures by Sherrilyn Kenyon (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: There are some vampire like creatures, although this series is much more smutty than Sookie.

English (183)  Dutch (1)  Hungarian (1)  Spanish (1)  Finnish (1)  All languages (187)
The best book of the series so far. Vampires, Weres, witches and ...but I'm not going to give too much away. Thoroughly enjoyed every page. ( )
  Sashshearman | Mar 30, 2015 |
omg I'm going to read all of these aren't I
  Stuckey_Bowl | Mar 23, 2015 |
Bill is off to Peru for most of this book, to which I say, "Good riddance!!" Sookie has way more interesting dudes in her life, not the least of which is Eric. He's lost his memory, and Sookie has to hide him from some evil witches. Not-Eric Eric is way sexier than arrogant, conceited, imperious Eric, so Sookie gets to indulge her desire for him, to which I say "Hooray!!"
Also, Sookie's brother, Jason is missing. This may or may not be related to the evil witch thing. ( )
  EmScape | Mar 16, 2015 |
I followed up the Twilight series with the Sookie Stackhouse series. A good, soft transition into more paranormal romance. Too much hype for Charlaine Harris's books because of the HBO series than deserved. The HBO series is fine; the books are fine, but the plot/mystery of each book is simple. Very quick read -- straightforward plot with friendly characters that are easy to like. If you enjoy paranormal, you will probably enjoy this series, but there truly are more gripping, non-plain vanilla paranormal series out there (both in terms of adult scenes and dynamic realtionships between various beings in the paranormal realm). My 4-star rating is based on my thoughts just after reading, but would probably garner only 3-stars after having read Alexancer Ivy, Jacqueline Frank and Gena Showalter. I stopped reading this series after the 9th book... ( )
  olongbourn | Mar 1, 2015 |
I thought this was one of the best of the series. I like Eric much more than Bill, and I really enjoyed learning about werewolf and shifter politics. ( )
  VincentDarlage | Jan 30, 2015 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"Though they'll probably never read it, this book is dedicated to all the coaches—baseball, football, volleyball, soccer—who've worked through so many years, often for no monetary reward, to coax athletic performances out of my children and to instill in them an understanding of The Game. God bless you all, and thanks from one of the moms who crowds the stands through rain, cold, heat, and mosquitoes. However, this mom always wonders who else might be watching the night games."
"I found the note taped to my door when I got home from work."

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0441012183, Mass Market Paperback)

From Emma Bull's War for the Oaks to Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series, from The X-Files to Buffy the Vampire Slayer, creators are mixing old European myths and legends with modern American pop culture. Incorporating influences ranging from blaxploitation movies and erotic novels to tabloid staples like UFOs and Elvis, authors and directors are creating a new mythology for the strip-mall, tract-house, cell-phone America of the new millennium.

One of the best-known and best writers of the new American mythology is Charlaine Harris. Dead to the World is the fourth novel in her Anthony Award-winning Southern Vampire series. It continues the story of psychic waitress Sookie Stackhouse, who has fallen out with her undead lover, Bill. Bill has no sooner departed for Peru, than Sookie finds the head vampire, Eric, running naked and terrified through the rural night. She helps Eric, and discovers his memory has been destroyed by a coven of unscrupulous, astonishingly powerful witches, newly arrived in her small Louisiana town, and offering a huge reward for Eric. Sookie tries to hide Eric, but her brother sees him--and immediately disappears. And Sookie finds herself caught in a war among witches, vampires, and werewolves. --Cynthia Ward

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:47:50 -0400)

When cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse sees a naked man on the side of the road, turns out he doesn't remember who he is. But it's Eric the vampire, who's now a kindler, gentler vampire. He's also scared because whoever took his memory now wants his life.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,271,650 books! | Top bar: Always visible