Dead To The World: A True Blood Novel by…

Dead To The World: A True Blood Novel (edition 2010)

by Charlaine Harris

7,299191484 (4.04)216
Title:Dead To The World: A True Blood Novel
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Info:Gollancz (2010), Edition: MMP (AUS/NZ ONLY), Paperback, 336 pages
Tags:Library, B-004, C-Bon Temps, Paranormal, Romance, N-USA, Demon, Fairy, Psychic, Vampire, Were, S-Sookie S, Present Alternate, 2009, 200911

Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris

Night Pleasures by Sherrilyn Kenyon (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: There are some vampire like creatures, although this series is much more smutty than Sookie.

English (187)  Dutch (1)  Hungarian (1)  Spanish (1)  French (1)  All languages (191)
This is the fourth book in the series. It is easy to read and entertaining like the other books in the series. Readers who liked the other books will enjoy it. It is a bit annoying how Harris keeps explaining things for people who have not read the previous books, which she does quite often. However this means that you do not have to read the previous books to read this one, although I would recommend reading them in order. ( )
  nebula21 | Sep 23, 2015 |
Sookie Stackhouse is my guilty pleasure. After 4 books, I haven't lost interest and I think the story just keeps better and better. Its like daytime drama! I haven't watched the show but I'm really thinking about it! ( )
  krizia_lazaro | Sep 21, 2015 |
Once again, I enjoyed the show MUCH more than the book ( )
  BridgettKathryn | Sep 6, 2015 |
these books are addictive. =) ( )
  mkclane | Jul 31, 2015 |
Without posting spoilers, I'll say that this book was very enjoyable and it was interesting to see a new dynamic explored between Sookie and Eric. As a True Blood viewer I saw the ending coming from a mile away, but was still surprised at the different twist the book had. So far this series has been fun to read and I'm looking forward to book #5. ( )
  DanielleMD | Jun 20, 2015 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"Though they'll probably never read it, this book is dedicated to all the coaches—baseball, football, volleyball, soccer—who've worked through so many years, often for no monetary reward, to coax athletic performances out of my children and to instill in them an understanding of The Game. God bless you all, and thanks from one of the moms who crowds the stands through rain, cold, heat, and mosquitoes. However, this mom always wonders who else might be watching the night games."
"I found the note taped to my door when I got home from work."

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0441012183, Mass Market Paperback)

From Emma Bull's War for the Oaks to Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series, from The X-Files to Buffy the Vampire Slayer, creators are mixing old European myths and legends with modern American pop culture. Incorporating influences ranging from blaxploitation movies and erotic novels to tabloid staples like UFOs and Elvis, authors and directors are creating a new mythology for the strip-mall, tract-house, cell-phone America of the new millennium.

One of the best-known and best writers of the new American mythology is Charlaine Harris. Dead to the World is the fourth novel in her Anthony Award-winning Southern Vampire series. It continues the story of psychic waitress Sookie Stackhouse, who has fallen out with her undead lover, Bill. Bill has no sooner departed for Peru, than Sookie finds the head vampire, Eric, running naked and terrified through the rural night. She helps Eric, and discovers his memory has been destroyed by a coven of unscrupulous, astonishingly powerful witches, newly arrived in her small Louisiana town, and offering a huge reward for Eric. Sookie tries to hide Eric, but her brother sees him--and immediately disappears. And Sookie finds herself caught in a war among witches, vampires, and werewolves. --Cynthia Ward

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:21 -0400)

When cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse sees a naked man on the side of the road, turns out he doesn't remember who he is. But it's Eric the vampire, who's now a kindler, gentler vampire. He's also scared because whoever took his memory now wants his life.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,785,387 books! | Top bar: Always visible