Club Dead by Charlaine Harris

Club Dead (2003)

by Charlaine Harris

Series: Southern Vampire Mysteries (3)

7,343205479 (3.9)251

English (200)  French (2)  Italian (1)  Hungarian (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (205)
A little busy, what with Were's, Shifters, Vamps, and a Vamp political structure that is more info than I needed at this point. However, a good, quick read. Sort of setting the stage for what is to follow...
  Chaps | Jun 5, 2014 |
In the third book of the Sookie Stackhouse series, Sookie, once again, uses her mind reading abilities to find the bad guy. Except this time the bad guy is her vampire boyfriend, Bill, who has been seeing his ex behind Sookie's back and is now being held hostage. But that's okay because there is plenty of face time with Bill's sexy boss, Eric. Oh, and also the introduction of tall, dark and werewolf, Alcide.
Like I've said before, these novels aren't masterpieces, but just plain fun. The ultimate beach reads if you're into romance on the dark side. ( )
  LauraT81 | Jun 5, 2014 |
I love this book was quite unexpected and I could not stop reading it... Club Dead is pretty good... Charlaine Harris is an excelent writer. ( )
  CaroPi | May 6, 2014 |
Sookie Stackhouse books should not be confused with the True Blood series. Characters are from the book and the setting is from the book, but that is about it. Harris has created a world of vampires and fairies, weres and things that go bump in the night. As a book series it is fun and rich with details. There are some of the books that worked better than others. I enjoyed the plots and the way the characters developed in the novels much more than the show and eventually stopped watching. It was too confusing keep two different plot lines going for the same characters. I highly recommend people to read the series. As i wrote before some of the novels are great and some are just so so. I am not particularly fond of the last book because it seem so rush and out of character. Over great series and a reread. ( )
  NicolefromCarmel | May 5, 2014 |
Perfect for an escape from reality, Club Dead ups the ante with violence, yet never has too much of a good thing. When it seems like Sookie is growing too popular for her own good, we are reminded again how many people want to kill her, all because of her now maybe yes maybe no boyfriend Bill. The driving questions in this book are not answered here, providing a good reason to seek the sequel.
  liveshipvivacia | Apr 26, 2014 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to my middle child, Timothy Schulz, who told me flatly he wanted a book all to himself.
My Thanks to Lisa Weissenbuehler, Kerie I, Nickle, Marie La Dalle, and the incomparable Doris Ann Norris for their input on car trunks, great and small. My further thanks to Janet Davis, Irene, and Sonya Stocklin, also cybercitizens of DorotyL, for their information on bars, bouree ( a card game), and the parish governments of Louisiana. Joan Coffey was most gracious with supplying information about Jackson. the wonderful and obliging Jane Lee drove me patiently around Jackson for many hours, entering thoroughly into the spirit of finding the perfect location for a vampire bar.
Bill was hunched over the computer when I let myself in his house.
From the back:

There's only one vampire Sookie Stackhouse is involved with (at least voluntarily) and that's Bill.

But recently he's been a little distant - in another state distant. His sinister and sexy boss, Eric, has an idea where to find him. Next thing Sookie knows, she is off to Jackson, Mississippi, to mingle with the under-underworld at Club Dead It's a dangerous little haunt where the elitist vampire society can go to chill out and suck down some type O. But when Sookie finally finds Bill - caught in an act of Serious betrayal - she's not sure whether to saved him...or sharpen some stakes.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441010512, Mass Market Paperback)

Sookie's boyfriend has been very distant-in another state, distant. Now she's off to Mississippi to mingle with the underworld at Club Dead-a little haunt where the vampire elite go to chill out. But when she finally finds Bill—caught in an act of betrayal—she's not sure whether to save him...or sharpen some stakes.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:51:30 -0400)

Sookie's boyfriend has been very distant-in another state, distant. Now she's off to Mississippi to mingle with the underworld at Club Dead-a little haunt where the vampire elite go to chill out. But when she finally finds Bill-caught in an act of betrayal-she's not sure whether to save him...or sharpen some stakes.… (more)

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,627,180 books! | Top bar: Always visible