Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood,…

Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 3) (original 2003; edition 2003)

by Charlaine Harris

7,299None482 (3.9)249
Member:Dannelke
Title:Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 3)
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Info:Ace Books (2003), Mass Market Paperback, 258 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:horror, fiction, Sookie Stackhouse

Club Dead by Charlaine Harris (2003)

Recently added bywarangel820, Y2Ash, nhazara, EmilyKM, apsing01, lisseut, rwatso, mbc2, private library, Arhhj
2009 (49) Charlaine Harris (53) ebook (58) fantasy (393) fiction (506) horror (107) humor (40) Kindle (36) Louisiana (104) mystery (370) novel (34) own (45) paranormal (198) paranormal romance (104) read (138) read in 2009 (37) romance (191) series (145) shapeshifters (101) Sookie (61) Sookie Stackhouse (419) southern (48) southern vampire (44) supernatural (139) telepathy (53) to-read (50) True Blood (58) urban fantasy (201) vampires (1,024) werewolves (204)

English (195)  French (2)  Italian (1)  Hungarian (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (200)
I admit, I really like light reading. I like a book that i can finish in 4 days, but put down for a week in between and not miss a thing.

I'm throughly enjoying the Sookie Stackhouse series, and so far, this was my favorite out of the series (of course I have a way to go yet) but I thought this was a nice mix of romance, sexual tension and mystery, without having enough of any that I actually had to think about it!

And let's face it, what woman wouldn't kind of like the idea of having a werewolf that looks like Joe Manganiello
and a vampire that looks like Alexander Skarsgård
a little obsessed with her? (Thank you for that casting HBO!)

The only thing that really annoys me about these books is the character of Bubba. I mean seriously.... I can buy a world with vampires out of the coffin and were's and shifters abounding... But the fact that Elvis was turned and it went badly... That just is a bit too much for me! ( )
  lmm161 | Mar 30, 2014 |
i thought this one was better then the other two. maybe because i had the tv show as a frame of reference for the first two. but i think that sookie was a stronger character. i love the character of alcide & billy was hardly around and a lot more of eric. i can't wait to see what this season will be like. ( )
  lloyd1175 | Mar 22, 2014 |
A ( )
  leannamcalister | Feb 22, 2014 |
Mmmm ... Alcide. ( )
  sweetzombieducky | Feb 14, 2014 |
A really quick read - 4 hours! (It's not a very long book.) Still not a huge fan of the dialogue, but the plot is fun. Great summer reading. ( )
  reckshow | Jan 21, 2014 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to my middle child, Timothy Schulz, who told me flatly he wanted a book all to himself.
My Thanks to Lisa Weissenbuehler, Kerie I, Nickle, Marie La Dalle, and the incomparable Doris Ann Norris for their input on car trunks, great and small. My further thanks to Janet Davis, Irene, and Sonya Stocklin, also cybercitizens of DorotyL, for their information on bars, bouree ( a card game), and the parish governments of Louisiana. Joan Coffey was most gracious with supplying information about Jackson. the wonderful and obliging Jane Lee drove me patiently around Jackson for many hours, entering thoroughly into the spirit of finding the perfect location for a vampire bar.
Bill was hunched over the computer when I let myself in his house.
From the back:

There's only one vampire Sookie Stackhouse is involved with (at least voluntarily) and that's Bill.

But recently he's been a little distant - in another state distant. His sinister and sexy boss, Eric, has an idea where to find him. Next thing Sookie knows, she is off to Jackson, Mississippi, to mingle with the under-underworld at Club Dead It's a dangerous little haunt where the elitist vampire society can go to chill out and suck down some type O. But when Sookie finally finds Bill - caught in an act of Serious betrayal - she's not sure whether to saved him...or sharpen some stakes.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441010512, Mass Market Paperback)

Sookie's boyfriend has been very distant-in another state, distant. Now she's off to Mississippi to mingle with the underworld at Club Dead-a little haunt where the vampire elite go to chill out. But when she finally finds Bill—caught in an act of betrayal—she's not sure whether to save him...or sharpen some stakes.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:51:30 -0400)

Sookie's boyfriend has been very distant-in another state, distant. Now she's off to Mississippi to mingle with the underworld at Club Dead-a little haunt where the vampire elite go to chill out. But when she finally finds Bill-caught in an act of betrayal-she's not sure whether to save him ... or sharpen some stakes.… (more)

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,485,933 books! | Top bar: Always visible