Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood,…

Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 3) (original 2003; edition 2003)

by Charlaine Harris

Title:Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 3)
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Info:Ace Books (2003), Mass Market Paperback, 258 pages
Tags:horror, fiction, Sookie Stackhouse

Club Dead by Charlaine Harris (2003)

English (209)  Italian (1)  Hungarian (1)  French (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (213)
Just quick notes here: I am no longer a Bill fan. He never really loved her, and since meeting him her life has kind of fallen apart. I need to add in the part where he leaves Sookie to hook up with his undead lover(yay the witch is dead) and basically gives her away to Eric even though she told him she wasnt property to give away. Can we say not-as-evolved-as-he-says-he-is?

On top of all this, Bill rapes her at one point. Uh, personally I would probably stake this guy first second I got. Half starved or not - this is NOT okay..especially when he was sleeping with his ex girlfriend. He basically just dumped Sookie, hooks up with his ex, and then comes back and forces himself on her. I literally thought, "If he needs sex after feeding, and doesnt care if the recipient is willing or not..what does that say about Bill?" I mean, even Eric worked hard to let Sookie maintain some of her dignity in the bed of Russel's house. AND ERIC IS FAR OLDER.

Nope. Bill. We were buddies, but now? You deserved the torture you got. And although technically you should get brownie points for telling the truth about banging your ex..you left your current girlfriend waiting for you so you could test things out with Lorena! I mean, jerk move. Sleazy.

trigstarom | Sep 19, 2015 |
I love love love Sookie and just everybody in the series. I also do love the new addition, Alcide. This is not Twilight or Vampire Diaries. Sookie rocks! I'll finish this series no matter what. ( )
  krizia_lazaro | Sep 5, 2015 |
Sookie's boyfriend Bill is missing, which may have something to do with a mysterious project he's working on for the Vampire Queen of Louisiana, and Eric (Bill's boss and Sheriff of Vampire Area 5) asks Sookie to use her telepathic powers to see if she can figure out where he is. Amazingly hunky werewolf Alcide Herveaux is coerced into escorting Sookie to Club Dead so she can read some minds.
I love Alcide. I love him so much. I think Sookie should ditch Bill and take up with Alcide immediately. Bill is a total jackass compared to Alcide. Or, no. I think Sookie should stay with Bill and give me Alcide's number. I haven't been so attracted to a fictional character since The Vampire Lestat. ( )
  EmScape | Mar 16, 2015 |
I followed up the Twilight series with the Sookie Stackhouse series. A good, soft transition into more paranormal romance. Too much hype for Charlaine Harris's books because of the HBO series than deserved. The HBO series is fine; the books are fine, but the plot/mystery of each book is simple. Very quick read -- straightforward plot with friendly characters that are easy to like. If you enjoy paranormal, you will probably enjoy this series, but there truly are more gripping, non-plain vanilla paranormal series out there (both in terms of adult scenes and dynamic realtionships between various beings in the paranormal realm). My 4-star rating is based on my thoughts just after reading, but would probably garner only 3-stars after having read Alexancer Ivy, Jacqueline Frank and Gena Showalter. I stopped reading this series after the 9th book... ( )
  olongbourn | Mar 1, 2015 |
The third book in the series. This is basically another adventure in the life of telepathic waitress, Sookie Stackhouse. Sookie goes undercover looking for Bill, who has been kidnapped. She is helped by Alcide the werewolf.

I found the story entertaining and I would recommend this book to others who enjoyed the first two in the series. ( )
  nebula21 | Feb 18, 2015 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to my middle child, Timothy Schulz, who told me flatly he wanted a book all to himself.
My Thanks to Lisa Weissenbuehler, Kerie I, Nickle, Marie La Dalle, and the incomparable Doris Ann Norris for their input on car trunks, great and small. My further thanks to Janet Davis, Irene, and Sonya Stocklin, also cybercitizens of DorotyL, for their information on bars, bouree ( a card game), and the parish governments of Louisiana. Joan Coffey was most gracious with supplying information about Jackson. the wonderful and obliging Jane Lee drove me patiently around Jackson for many hours, entering thoroughly into the spirit of finding the perfect location for a vampire bar.
Bill was hunched over the computer when I let myself in his house.
From the back:

There's only one vampire Sookie Stackhouse is involved with (at least voluntarily) and that's Bill.

But recently he's been a little distant - in another state distant. His sinister and sexy boss, Eric, has an idea where to find him. Next thing Sookie knows, she is off to Jackson, Mississippi, to mingle with the under-underworld at Club Dead It's a dangerous little haunt where the elitist vampire society can go to chill out and suck down some type O. But when Sookie finally finds Bill - caught in an act of Serious betrayal - she's not sure whether to saved him...or sharpen some stakes.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441010512, Mass Market Paperback)

Sookie's boyfriend has been very distant-in another state, distant. Now she's off to Mississippi to mingle with the underworld at Club Dead-a little haunt where the vampire elite go to chill out. But when she finally finds Bill—caught in an act of betrayal—she's not sure whether to save him...or sharpen some stakes.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:47 -0400)

Sookie's boyfriend has been very distant-in another state, distant. Now she's off to Mississippi to mingle with the underworld at Club Dead-a little haunt where the vampire elite go to chill out. But when she finally finds Bill-caught in an act of betrayal-she's not sure whether to save him...or sharpen some stakes.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,755,847 books! | Top bar: Always visible