Living Dead In Dallas by Charlaine Harris

Living Dead In Dallas (original 2002; edition 2002)

by Charlaine Harris

Member:bgale11
Title:Living Dead In Dallas
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Info:Ace (2002), Paperback

Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris (2002)

English (237)  French (2)  Italian (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Finnish (1)  Piratical (1)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (244)
I liked this a great deal and the rest of the Sookie Stackhouse series I find the books are much better than the TV series but that is just my thoughts how nose what someone else will think. ( )
  weelinda | Nov 5, 2014 |
Okay, I admit it. I bought this book for no other reason than to fill the "second book in a series" box for book bingo. Well, almost no other reason. It's not like I choose this series entirely at random. True Blood is one of my guilty pleasures in life. And I've repeatedly heard people praising the books while at the bookstore. So it seemed a safe enough bet.

This book is candy. Sticky, rot-your-teeth, pure pleasure but hungry again in an hour candy. The HBO series isn't 100% true to the plot of this book, but the major points are very similar, and Sookie's voice is dead on.

Can't imagine reading this again, and I'll probably give this away at the next Beer, Books, & Pizza night, but I can imagine picking up another Sookie novel when I'm next in the mood for book candy. ( )
  greeniezona | Sep 20, 2014 |
I really really do not like Bill, and I don't like his and Sookie's relationship. He's an overbearing controlling jerk, and doesn't understand the issue of needing independence within a relationship. He treats Sookie like a pet, it is disgusting.

At the end of the novel he finds out that he has some descendants through his daughter. Bill had two children who survived to adulthood, he knows all about what happened to his son's kids; but never bothered to check on his daughter's kids. Patriarchal asshole is brainwashed with primogeniture.

Plunging forward toward that light that is Sookie dumping his dumb chivanous butt. ( )
  raselyem7 | Aug 30, 2014 |
Good book. Liked Barry. The Fellowship of the Sun is creepy, and entirely the sort of thing that would happen in this situation. ( )
  sammii507 | Aug 19, 2014 |
Exciting and compelling, through and through. My only gripe: for awhile it felt like a book within a book. ( )
  LaPhenix | Aug 10, 2014 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to all the people who told me they enjoyed Dead Until Dark. Thanks for the encouragement.
Andy Bellefleur was as drunk as a skunk.
Easier said than done.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441009239, Mass Market Paperback)

Visit our Sookie Stackhouse series feature page.

Easier said than done.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:00:09 -0400)

Living Dead in Dallas is the sequel to Dead Until Dark in the new Southern Vampire series from acclaimed mystery author Charlaine Harris. When a vampire asks Sookie Stackhouse to use her telepathic skills to find another missing vampire, she agrees under one condition: the bloodsuckers must promise to let the humans go unharmed. Easier said than done.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,474,982 books! | Top bar: Always visible