Living Dead in Dallas (Original MM Art)…

Living Dead in Dallas (Original MM Art) (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood) (original 2002; edition 2010)

by Charlaine Harris

Member:arielfl
Title:Living Dead in Dallas (Original MM Art) (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood)
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Info:Ace Trade (2010), Paperback, 320 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:Fantasy Series/ Southern Vampire

Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris (2002)

English (234)  French (2)  Italian (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Finnish (1)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (240)
Exciting and compelling, through and through. My only gripe: for awhile it felt like a book within a book. ( )
  LaPhenix | Aug 10, 2014 |
Sookie Stackhouse books should not be confused with the True Blood series. Characters are from the book and the setting is from the book, but that is about it. Harris has created a world of vampires and fairies, weres and things that go bump in the night. As a book series it is fun and rich with details. There are some of the books that worked better than others. I enjoyed the plots and the way the characters developed in the novels much more than the show and eventually stopped watching. It was too confusing keep two different plot lines going for the same characters. I highly recommend people to read the series. As i wrote before some of the novels are great and some are just so so. I am not particularly fond of the last book because it seem so rush and out of character. Over great series and a reread. ( )
  NicolefromCarmel | May 5, 2014 |
I liked the variety of locations and characters in this book as it offered more understanding and information on the Vampires.
I am in love with Bill and Eric - with Eric's humour making the book more brilliant by the second; however I felt there was a bit too much crammed in.
I think the Dallas Vampire's should have been the main content - which was lost slightly by the random input of the Lafayette murder and the Maenad.
All in all it was still a really good read - making me fall in love with Sookie and Bill even more. ( )
  LaurenKathryn | Mar 31, 2014 |
I fell in love with the HBO series and wante to read the books, but was afraid of spoilers. The first book, despite some differences, followed the general flow of the first season, but everyone told me in the second book, they started to dramtically veer.

And they did.

And the book was 100 times better than the show (which I LOVED)

The characters have more depth. I still love Eric more than Bill but there's some more depth to the secondary characters that make them less annoying. I loved learing at the end of this book the Andy Bellfluer is the Bill's great great great grandson brings him a wonderful bit of humanity that he needed in my world.
  lmm161 | Mar 30, 2014 |
ehh... it was just okay. i like the characters, but it doesn't have the depth of the series. it's a shame because a book should be deeper. and this book series could be amazing. but it's too cute... i'll give the next book a try and see. ( )
  lloyd1175 | Mar 22, 2014 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to all the people who told me they enjoyed Dead Until Dark. Thanks for the encouragement.
Andy Bellefleur was as drunk as a skunk.
Easier said than done.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441009239, Mass Market Paperback)

Visit our Sookie Stackhouse series feature page.

Easier said than done.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:00:09 -0400)

Living Dead in Dallas is the sequel to Dead Until Dark in the new Southern Vampire series from acclaimed mystery author Charlaine Harris. When a vampire asks Sookie Stackhouse to use her telepathic skills to find another missing vampire, she agrees under one condition: the bloodsuckers must promise to let the humans go unharmed. Easier said than done.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,154,033 books! | Top bar: Always visible