Living Dead In Dallas: A True Blood Novel by…

Living Dead In Dallas: A True Blood Novel (original 2002; edition 2010)

by Charlaine Harris

Member:TeaAndBiscuits
Title:Living Dead In Dallas: A True Blood Novel
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Info:Gollancz (2010), Edition: Mass Market Paperback, Paperback, 288 pages
Rating:***1/2

Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris (2002)

English (239)  French (2)  Italian (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Finnish (1)  Piratical (1)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (246)
I really really do not like Bill, and I don't like his and Sookie's relationship. He's an overbearing controlling jerk, and doesn't understand the issue of needing independence within a relationship. He treats Sookie like a pet, it is disgusting.

At the end of the novel he finds out that he has some descendants through his daughter. Bill had two children who survived to adulthood, he knows all about what happened to his son's kids; but never bothered to check on his daughter's kids. Patriarchal asshole is brainwashed with primogeniture.

Plunging forward toward that light that is Sookie dumping his dumb chivanous butt. ( )
  librarycatnip | Jan 12, 2015 |
The second novel in the Sookie Stackhouse Southern Vampire Mysteries opens with the murder of one of Sookie’s coworkers at Merlotte’s bar, but then swiftly involves us in a trip to Dallas where Sookie’s telepathic gift is employed to track down a kidnapped vampire. Sookie becomes dangerously involved with the Fellowship of the Sun, an anti-vampire cult with an obvious fundamentalist Christian overtone. Once the trip is over, Sookie can focus on the murdered-friend plot, but the book seems quite disjointed because of this.
I enjoyed the further exploration of Vampire Society as well as the unearthing of the dirty secrets of Bon Temps’ “upstanding” citizens. The reader was also given a peak at Bill’s early history, which I hope will be explored more in the future. The introduction of more supernatural characters, in the form of Werewolves, Shape Shifters and a Maenad was also interesting. ( )
  EmScape | Jan 7, 2015 |
The second book in The Southern Vampire Mysteries. Through Eric, Sookie is engaged by the Dallas vampires to use her telepathy. Sookie agrees to help find a missing vampire on the condition that humans are handed over to human law rather than being dealt with by the vampires. In Dallas the anti-vampire organization "The Fellowship of the Sun," have plans of their own. A group of shapeshifters also appear on the scene as does a 'renouncer' vampire. If that wasn't enough she is trying to track down the participants in a local sex party after finding a dead body the backseat of a car... ( )
  boppisces | Dec 27, 2014 |
Okay, I admit it. I bought this book for no other reason than to fill the "second book in a series" box for book bingo. Well, almost no other reason. It's not like I choose this series entirely at random. True Blood is one of my guilty pleasures in life. And I've repeatedly heard people praising the books while at the bookstore. So it seemed a safe enough bet.

This book is candy. Sticky, rot-your-teeth, pure pleasure but hungry again in an hour candy. The HBO series isn't 100% true to the plot of this book, but the major points are very similar, and Sookie's voice is dead on.

Can't imagine reading this again, and I'll probably give this away at the next Beer, Books, & Pizza night, but I can imagine picking up another Sookie novel when I'm next in the mood for book candy. ( )
  greeniezona | Sep 20, 2014 |

raselyem7 | Aug 30, 2014 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to all the people who told me they enjoyed Dead Until Dark. Thanks for the encouragement.
Andy Bellefleur was as drunk as a skunk.
Easier said than done.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441009239, Mass Market Paperback)

Visit our Sookie Stackhouse series feature page.

Easier said than done.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:00:09 -0400)

Living Dead in Dallas is the sequel to Dead Until Dark in the new Southern Vampire series from acclaimed mystery author Charlaine Harris. When a vampire asks Sookie Stackhouse to use her telepathic skills to find another missing vampire, she agrees under one condition: the bloodsuckers must promise to let the humans go unharmed. Easier said than done.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,123,261 books! | Top bar: Always visible