Living Dead In Dallas: A True Blood Novel by…

Living Dead In Dallas: A True Blood Novel (original 2002; edition 2010)

by Charlaine Harris

Member:TeaAndBiscuits
Title:Living Dead In Dallas: A True Blood Novel
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Info:Gollancz (2010), Edition: Mass Market Paperback, Paperback, 288 pages
Rating:***1/2

Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris (2002)

English (245)  French (2)  Italian (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Finnish (1)  Piratical (1)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (252)
I followed up the Twilight series with the Sookie Stackhouse series. A good, soft transition into more paranormal romance. Too much hype for Charlaine Harris's books because of the HBO series than deserved. The HBO series is fine; the books are fine, but the plot/mystery of each book is simple. Very quick read -- straightforward plot with friendly characters that are easy to like. If you enjoy paranormal, you will probably enjoy this series, but there truly are more gripping, non-plain vanilla paranormal series out there (both in terms of adult scenes and dynamic realtionships between various beings in the paranormal realm). My 4-star rating is based on my thoughts just after reading, but would probably garner only 3-stars after having read Alexancer Ivy, Jacqueline Frank and Gena Showalter. I stopped reading this series after the 9th book... ( )
  olongbourn | Mar 1, 2015 |
This is the second book in the Sookie Stackhouse series. I started this book straight after reading the first in series. Again, obviously it focuses on Sookie and Bill and their small town of Bon Temps, Louisiana. This time, Bill and Sookie have to head to Dallas as her services are required by some vampires there.

I sometimes struggle from reading one book in a series straight to the next as they repeat the things that happened in the previous books so that easch book can be read as a stand alone novel. I sometimes find that annoying but it has to be done! However, Charlaine has done a good job in keeping the recap minimal, just enough to get the general idea. Sookie remains my favourite character as she has such an attitude, and doesn't seem to care that she upsets/annoys/disrespects the vamps and could put herself in danger. I feel like I can relate to her in some ways. Her relationship with Bill is just great and I love the intensity of it and how they are with each other. The characters aside Sookie are getting very little time in the book but I think thats enough and they can be explored more in later books. I was surprised that not much was mentioned about Rene and Arene from the previous book though.

This book for me was great. A good continuation from the first and leaves me wanting to read more and more. I'm already on the lookout for the next in series - one of the benefits of reading book when they are a little bit older! The whole series becomes available without having to wait. If you've read the first book, I would recommend this too. ( )
  Nataliec7 | Feb 19, 2015 |
Sookie is the telepathic friend that we all need. Her skills have become so useful to the vampires that now they are loaning her out to other districts. This time Sookie's adventure leads her to Dallas, Texas and right into the beginning of a battle of Vampire vs. Humans. The fellowship of the sun believes that the vampires are unnatural and should all be killed, and now they have entangled themselves into vampire affairs.

Overall I liked the book and the plot was very interesting. There were a lot of twists and turns. But the character have got to be my my favorite element of the book, they are so diverse and interesting. It is fun seeing how Harris develops her characters from book to book. ( )
  Hpfan28 | Feb 14, 2015 |
I really wanted to like this book. I really tried to separate it from the TV show but the TV show is just better.

I did not like the portrayal of Godfrey. I did not like the fact that we miss out on so much of what other characters are going through. I got really sick of Sookie and her obsession with her appearance and sex with Bill.

So disappointed. Won't be reading further into the series. ( )
1 vote KittyBimble | Feb 12, 2015 |
Enjoyable read. I am surprised that I like this series. I usually like my vampires more on the monster side. ( )
  VincentDarlage | Jan 30, 2015 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to all the people who told me they enjoyed Dead Until Dark. Thanks for the encouragement.
Andy Bellefleur was as drunk as a skunk.
Easier said than done.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441009239, Mass Market Paperback)

Visit our Sookie Stackhouse series feature page.

Easier said than done.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:00:09 -0400)

Living Dead in Dallas is the sequel to Dead Until Dark in the new Southern Vampire series from acclaimed mystery author Charlaine Harris. When a vampire asks Sookie Stackhouse to use her telepathic skills to find another missing vampire, she agrees under one condition: the bloodsuckers must promise to let the humans go unharmed. Easier said than done.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,154,627 books! | Top bar: Always visible