Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris

Dead as a Doornail

by Charlaine Harris

Series: Southern Vampire Mysteries (5)

English (148)  Hungarian (1)  French (1)  Finnish (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (152)
This is another enjoyable book in the series.
Although while I like Alcide as a character, I'm not too fond of the werewolf storyline. There was some cringeworthy stuff in this book involving the weres, which I can handle, but wouldn't love to read about further.
The central story was pretty interesting even though it, too, involved the were community.
Fairies, namely Claudine and Claude, are becoming almost regulars in the series and I can't help but wonder if Sookie will be revealed as one of them as she is in huge tv series. ( )
  DanielleMD | Jun 20, 2015 |
Sookie is dealing with the aftermaths of what happened before, including her brother now being a were panther. She's still being investigated for the disappearance of Debbie Pelt. Then she finds out that there is a someone shooting at were. Including her boss. Then her kitchen is torched. She just can't get a break this time. She has to find out who is hunting the werewolves because they're apparently hunting her. Because of Sam's injury she has to get help from Eric, who is still trying to work out what happened when he lost his memory.

It's a roller-coaster of a book. Things happen almost every page and it kept me reading past my bedtime. ( )
  wyvernfriend | May 16, 2015 |
Someone is sniping Shifters near Bon Temps and Sookie's on the case.

An entertaining volume in the series. ( )
  EmScape | May 12, 2015 |
I followed up the Twilight series with the Sookie Stackhouse series. A good, soft transition into more paranormal romance. Too much hype for Charlaine Harris's books because of the HBO series than deserved. The HBO series is fine; the books are fine, but the plot/mystery of each book is simple. Very quick read -- straightforward plot with friendly characters that are easy to like. If you enjoy paranormal, you will probably enjoy this series, but there truly are more gripping, non-plain vanilla paranormal series out there (both in terms of adult scenes and dynamic realtionships between various beings in the paranormal realm). My 4-star rating is based on my thoughts just after reading, but would probably garner only 3-stars after having read Alexancer Ivy, Jacqueline Frank and Gena Showalter. I stopped reading this series after the 9th book... ( )
  olongbourn | Mar 1, 2015 |
Interesting addition to the series. I figured out the one killer, but not the second. ( )
  VincentDarlage | Jan 30, 2015 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to a wonderful woman I don't get to see often enough. Janet Hutchings (then an editor at Walker, now editor of Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine) was brave enough to take me on many years ago after I'd taken a long sabbatical from writing. God bless her.
Janet Hutchings
I knew my brother would turn into a panther before he did.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441013333, Mass Market Paperback)

Small-town cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse has had more than her share of experience with the supernatural—but now it’s really hitting close to home. When Sookie sees her brother Jason’s eyes start to change, she knows he’s about to turn into a were-panther for the first time—a transformation he embraces more readily than most shapeshifters she knows. But her concern becomes cold fear when a sniper sets his deadly sights on the local changeling population, and Jason’s new panther brethren suspect he may be the shooter. Now, Sookie has until the next full moon to find out who’s behind the attacks—unless the killer decides to find her first…

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:53 -0400)

Cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse turns sleuth to investigate a mysterious sniper who has set his sights on the local changeling population, especially when her brother Jason becomes the prime suspect in the deadly attacks.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,421,629 books! | Top bar: Always visible