Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris

Dead as a Doornail

by Charlaine Harris

Series: Southern Vampire Mysteries (5)

Recently added bynycke137, drhapgood, sreeparna, private library, emilylaura323, Pages_Aplenty

English (137)  Hungarian (1)  French (1)  Finnish (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (141)
Dead as a Doornail is the fifth book of the Sookie Stackhouse (True Blood) novels about a ditsy, telepathic waitress who manages to consistently get herself entangled with the town's supernatural citizens. I found Doornail to be a real snooze fest until halfway through. Even when something of significance happens it's usually weighed down by the bad writing or Sookie's intellect.

The last thing I want to do is insult other readers' taste in books, but I am truly shocked by all the good reviews of Doornail. I feel that it is the weakest one I have read so far. I may still finish the series, but just out of curiosity to see who Sookie ends up with. ( )
  LauraT81 | Jun 9, 2014 |
Sookie Stackhouse books should not be confused with the True Blood series. Characters are from the book and the setting is from the book, but that is about it. Harris has created a world of vampires and fairies, weres and things that go bump in the night. As a book series it is fun and rich with details. There are some of the books that worked better than others. I enjoyed the plots and the way the characters developed in the novels much more than the show and eventually stopped watching. It was too confusing keep two different plot lines going for the same characters. I highly recommend people to read the series. As i wrote before some of the novels are great and some are just so so. I am not particularly fond of the last book because it seem so rush and out of character. Over great series and a reread. ( )
  NicolefromCarmel | May 5, 2014 |
A ( )
  leannamcalister | Feb 22, 2014 |
3.75 stars.

In the 5th installment of this series, Sookie’s brother, Jason, has recently been bitten by a were-panther, and will turn at the next full moon. Soon, it is discovered that Weres are being targeted and shot. One girl died, and two were wounded, including Sookie’s boss, Sam. After a short time, Sookie herself is targeted, but she’s not a Were, so why would that be?

I’m still enjoying this series. I tend not to read them close enough together to be able to compare them very well, so I’m having a bit of trouble with the rating. Uncharacteristically, Sookie stayed single throughout this entire book. :-) From what I’m remembering, I think I’ll consider this one of the better ones and give it 3.75 stars. I liked the storyline in this one
  LibraryCin | Jan 29, 2014 |
These books are like cotton candy: yummy and fun, but no real nutritional value. Good vacation reading. ( )
  amacampbell | Jan 15, 2014 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to a wonderful woman I don't get to see often enough. Janet Hutchings (then an editor at Walker, now editor of Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine) was brave enough to take me on many years ago after I'd taken a long sabbatical from writing. God bless her.
Janet Hutchings
I knew my brother would turn into a panther before he did.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441013333, Mass Market Paperback)

Small-town cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse has had more than her share of experience with the supernatural—but now it’s really hitting close to home. When Sookie sees her brother Jason’s eyes start to change, she knows he’s about to turn into a were-panther for the first time—a transformation he embraces more readily than most shapeshifters she knows. But her concern becomes cold fear when a sniper sets his deadly sights on the local changeling population, and Jason’s new panther brethren suspect he may be the shooter. Now, Sookie has until the next full moon to find out who’s behind the attacks—unless the killer decides to find her first…

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:23:10 -0400)

Cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse turns sleuth to investigate a mysterious sniper who has set his sights on the local changeling population, especially when her brother Jason becomes the prime suspect in the deadly attacks.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,653,118 books! | Top bar: Always visible