Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris

Dead as a Doornail

by Charlaine Harris

Series: Southern Vampire Mysteries (5)

6,499None586 (3.91)173
Recently added byktleyed, warangel820, Y2Ash, nhazara, EmilyKM, JillJennings, apsing01, rwatso, paolaloris, private library
2009 (38) Charlaine Harris (58) ebook (50) fantasy (331) fiction (443) horror (83) humor (37) Kindle (30) Louisiana (94) mystery (337) novel (29) own (37) paranormal (183) paranormal romance (93) read (118) romance (165) series (121) shapeshifters (110) Sookie (62) Sookie Stackhouse (418) southern (41) southern vampire (36) supernatural (143) telepaths (29) telepathy (43) to-read (50) True Blood (49) urban fantasy (177) vampires (873) werewolves (159)

English (135)  Hungarian (1)  French (1)  Finnish (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (139)
A ( )
  leannamcalister | Feb 22, 2014 |
3.75 stars.

In the 5th installment of this series, Sookie’s brother, Jason, has recently been bitten by a were-panther, and will turn at the next full moon. Soon, it is discovered that Weres are being targeted and shot. One girl died, and two were wounded, including Sookie’s boss, Sam. After a short time, Sookie herself is targeted, but she’s not a Were, so why would that be?

I’m still enjoying this series. I tend not to read them close enough together to be able to compare them very well, so I’m having a bit of trouble with the rating. Uncharacteristically, Sookie stayed single throughout this entire book. :-) From what I’m remembering, I think I’ll consider this one of the better ones and give it 3.75 stars. I liked the storyline in this one
  LibraryCin | Jan 29, 2014 |
These books are like cotton candy: yummy and fun, but no real nutritional value. Good vacation reading. ( )
  amacampbell | Jan 15, 2014 |
This was such a quick read, that I'm a little disappointed, but it was good. Not as good as the book before it but it was good. I'll definitely continue the series. ( )
  TheInvernessie | Nov 26, 2013 |
This book was a good continuation of the others, but isn't the best. And while I think Alcide is one of the best characters in the series so far, I don't like the fact he's seemingly unable to be straight with Sookie in asking for her help.

I also have a feeling I'm not going to like Quinn, though that could be because he's not a vampire. And I'm completely bias to Eric in the series. Fickle. I am it.

The repetitiveness of the first four books in describing each of the characters and their relationships to Sookie isn't there so much, though it still exists. I've either become immune to it or I like the books enough to simply not care.

There are still too many characters to think about, though at the moment that isn't really a fault. I like seeing the interactions between everyone.

The twins (Claude and Claudine) have me slightly confused though, I'm sure they will play a greater role in the next novel.

Still a good series. The previous two books were better though. ( )
  whimsicalwattle | Sep 27, 2013 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to a wonderful woman I don't get to see often enough. Janet Hutchings (then an editor at Walker, now editor of Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine) was brave enough to take me on many years ago after I'd taken a long sabbatical from writing. God bless her.
Janet Hutchings
I knew my brother would turn into a panther before he did.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441013333, Mass Market Paperback)

Small-town cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse has had more than her share of experience with the supernatural—but now it’s really hitting close to home. When Sookie sees her brother Jason’s eyes start to change, she knows he’s about to turn into a were-panther for the first time—a transformation he embraces more readily than most shapeshifters she knows. But her concern becomes cold fear when a sniper sets his deadly sights on the local changeling population, and Jason’s new panther brethren suspect he may be the shooter. Now, Sookie has until the next full moon to find out who’s behind the attacks—unless the killer decides to find her first…

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:23:10 -0400)

Cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse turns sleuth to investigate a mysterious sniper who has set his sights on the local changeling population, especially when her brother Jason becomes the prime suspect in the deadly attacks.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,480,853 books! | Top bar: Always visible