Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris

Dead as a Doornail

by Charlaine Harris

Series: Southern Vampire Mysteries (5)

English (141)  Hungarian (1)  French (1)  Finnish (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (145)
Liked it, didn't seem as cohesive plot-wise what with 3 different big things going on and all, but good nonetheless.

It is interesting to see how Eric is developing, much much more likable than Bill ever thought about being. All things considered, Sookie saves herself as much as she is saved by others in this installment.

Cook shooting shifters in vengeance for attack.
Succession of Shreveport pack. Weretiger.
Hit man bartender on loan out for S because of Long Shadow's sire (seemed kinda convoluted).
S house burns down. Calvin still interested. Fairies appeared out of nowhere, missed a novella somewhere.
Mickey is sent packing so that Tara is single. Mickey is a one dimensional jerk. ( )
  raselyem7 | Aug 30, 2014 |
I never expect too much from Sookie Stackhouse books and yet they are always fun. This one was a bit exhausting since the main story was swallowed by too many people kissing and hugging the main character. Still, fun to read.
I find Hotshot community disgusting. I hope Calvin won't have any romantic role in the future.
  Irena. | Aug 26, 2014 |
Too many shifters. Bring the vampires back. ( )
  sammii507 | Aug 19, 2014 |
Another fun romp with Sookie made better by a wonderful reader. Parker really has Sookie's voice down pat & does a pretty good job on everyone else.

The story has enough different threads to keep it interesting, making it a fun mystery on top of the odd, paranormal world that Sookie is a part of. I'm definitely liking Sookie better, too. On to the next! ( )
  jimmaclachlan | Aug 18, 2014 |
Dead as a Doornail is the fifth book of the Sookie Stackhouse (True Blood) novels about a ditsy, telepathic waitress who manages to consistently get herself entangled with the town's supernatural citizens. I found Doornail to be a real snooze fest until halfway through. Even when something of significance happens it's usually weighed down by the bad writing or Sookie's intellect.

The last thing I want to do is insult other readers' taste in books, but I am truly shocked by all the good reviews of Doornail. I feel that it is the weakest one I have read so far. I may still finish the series, but just out of curiosity to see who Sookie ends up with. ( )
  LauraT81 | Jun 9, 2014 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to a wonderful woman I don't get to see often enough. Janet Hutchings (then an editor at Walker, now editor of Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine) was brave enough to take me on many years ago after I'd taken a long sabbatical from writing. God bless her.
Janet Hutchings
I knew my brother would turn into a panther before he did.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441013333, Mass Market Paperback)

Small-town cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse has had more than her share of experience with the supernatural—but now it’s really hitting close to home. When Sookie sees her brother Jason’s eyes start to change, she knows he’s about to turn into a were-panther for the first time—a transformation he embraces more readily than most shapeshifters she knows. But her concern becomes cold fear when a sniper sets his deadly sights on the local changeling population, and Jason’s new panther brethren suspect he may be the shooter. Now, Sookie has until the next full moon to find out who’s behind the attacks—unless the killer decides to find her first…

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:23:10 -0400)

Cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse turns sleuth to investigate a mysterious sniper who has set his sights on the local changeling population, especially when her brother Jason becomes the prime suspect in the deadly attacks.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,786,668 books! | Top bar: Always visible