Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse/True…

Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 5) (edition 2006)

by Charlaine Harris (Author)

Member:joeeasterly
Title:Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 5)
Authors:Charlaine Harris (Author)
Info:Ace (2006), Edition: First Thus, 320 pages
Collections:Fiction & Literature

Dead As a Doornail by Charlaine Harris (Author)

English (167)  Hungarian (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (169)
There is alot going on in this book. Sookie has alot to learn about men and she is learning it fast in this book. It seems there is somethign about Sooke that all the non human males want. You find out some stuff that hurts, but the story is great and if you read the other books you want to check this one out. ( )
  LVStrongPuff | Nov 29, 2018 |
#5 in the Sookie Stackhouse series. In this one someone is hunting down the weres and shooting them. Sam is one of the one who is shot. With Sam on the mend a vampire in Eric's service comes to help out at the bar. Sookie's house is set on fire by an arsonist and Alcede offers to help. But Alcede also has other intentions his dad is up for Packmaster of the Shreveport pack. Fairly fast paced and keeps you guessing who has done what clear up to the end. ( )
  ChrisWeir | Sep 30, 2018 |
Another fun one! ( )
  cubsfan3410 | Sep 1, 2018 |
I liked that we got more of the shifters/wolves on this one than vamps. The vamps get old after awhile and HELLO ALCIDE for god sake! The scene between Sookie and Sam. There are so many delectable men I don’t know which one is best for her. Although I know who it is NOT!!!! BILL!!! All the men after Sookie, oh boy it makes for a fun read. This was a great one, probably my favorite so far. ( )
  nicolemeier111 | Aug 29, 2018 |
I absolutely loved this book and this series! I got involved with this series before True Blood became a show and I couldn't quit reading. I ended up getting all caught up and then had to wait each year for the next to come out until Harris finally reached the end of the series (I was devastated and wanted more Sookie Stackhouse in my life). It's been nearly 10 years since I read the first one and probably getting close to time for a re-read! ( )
  justagirlwithabook | Aug 2, 2018 |

Harris, CharlaineAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Desimini, LisaCover artistsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to a wonderful woman I don't get to see often enough. Janet Hutchings (then an editor at Walker, now editor of Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine) was brave enough to take me on many years ago after I'd taken a long sabbatical from writing. God bless her.
Janet Hutchings
I knew my brother would turn into a panther before he did.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441013333, Mass Market Paperback)

Small-town cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse has had more than her share of experience with the supernatural—but now it’s really hitting close to home. When Sookie sees her brother Jason’s eyes start to change, she knows he’s about to turn into a were-panther for the first time—a transformation he embraces more readily than most shapeshifters she knows. But her concern becomes cold fear when a sniper sets his deadly sights on the local changeling population, and Jason’s new panther brethren suspect he may be the shooter. Now, Sookie has until the next full moon to find out who’s behind the attacks—unless the killer decides to find her first…

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:53 -0400)

Cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse turns sleuth to investigate a mysterious sniper who has set his sights on the local changeling population, especially when her brother Jason becomes the prime suspect in the deadly attacks.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,839,415 books! | Top bar: Always visible