Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris

Definitely Dead

by Charlaine Harris

Series: Southern Vampire Mysteries (6)

2009 (41) Charlaine Harris (58) ebook (49) fantasy (349) fiction (433) horror (79) humor (41) Kindle (29) Louisiana (97) mystery (321) own (38) paranormal (190) paranormal romance (95) read (117) romance (172) series (123) shapeshifters (113) Sookie (65) Sookie Stackhouse (393) southern (46) southern vampire (34) supernatural (144) telepaths (30) telepathy (52) to-read (48) True Blood (52) urban fantasy (169) vampires (868) werewolves (164) witches (38)
    Bite by Laurell K. Hamilton (Trai)
    Trai: Contains "One Word Answer", the short-story prequel to Definitely Dead.

English (136)  Spanish (1)  Hungarian (1)  French (1)  All languages (139)
Sookie Stackhouse books should not be confused with the True Blood series. Characters are from the book and the setting is from the book, but that is about it. Harris has created a world of vampires and fairies, weres and things that go bump in the night. As a book series it is fun and rich with details. There are some of the books that worked better than others. I enjoyed the plots and the way the characters developed in the novels much more than the show and eventually stopped watching. It was too confusing keep two different plot lines going for the same characters. I highly recommend people to read the series. As i wrote before some of the novels are great and some are just so so. I am not particularly fond of the last book because it seem so rush and out of character. Over great series and a reread. ( )
  NicolefromCarmel | May 5, 2014 |
bought 09/07/08, 55 RMB

I think this is the 3rd Sookie Stackhouse book I've read. It would be nice to read them in order sometime although I did at least read the first one first. ( )
  Susanna.Dilliott | Apr 23, 2014 |
it was just okay for me. it seemed like a bit all over the place in the beginning, and it ended abruptly. still enjoyable, mostly cause of the characters though. will definitely read the next one to see what happens. ( )
  lloyd1175 | Mar 22, 2014 |
A ( )
  leannamcalister | Feb 22, 2014 |
While I liked this book, I did find it wasn't as appealing as the others, I didn't have that need to read on and finish it, and it didn't leave me wanting to pick up the next book in the series right away. It was a good story, but it wasn't the best.

I'm glad the issues surrounding Debbie finally seem to be finished (I hope). That story line has been drawn out to long, and I'm beginning to become very bored with it. I did find how the author chose to end the story line to be very dull and, unrealistic, but it's done so I'm not complaining. All in all I found this book to me less exciting than the others. It just didn't have that same thrill to it. The characters are improving personally and development wise, and I'm becoming very attached to some of the individual ones, but as far as the plot went, I wasn't as impressed as I have been in the past.

There were some surprising twists along the way, in particular some things revealed about Bill. I was not expecting that, although it was sort of cliché, it was a good twist. I didn't realize the short stories in between the books would reveal so much, I haven't read them, but with the Hadley storyline, I missed something important. I almost thought I missed a book. Otherwise the storyline was average, I think a lot of what was revealed, explained and a lot of what happens in this book, influence the others, so I don't mind as much that it was less thrilling, but I wanted something more from this one.

Overall an enjoyable read, but not my favourite of the series.

Also found on my book review blog Jules' Book Reviews - Definitely Dead ( )
  bookwormjules | Dec 1, 2013 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Obviously, this book was finished months before Hurricane Katrina struck the Gulf Coast. Since much of the plot is set in New Orleans, I struggled with whether I would leave Definitely Dead as it was, or include the catastrophe of August and September. After much thought, since Sookie's visit takes place in the early spring of the year, I decided to let the book remain as it was originally written.

My heart goes out to the people of the beautiful city of New Orleans and to all the people of the coastal areas of Mississippi, my home state. My thoughts and prayers will be with you as you rebuild your homes and your lives.
I was draped over the arm of one of the most beautiful men I'd ever seen, and he was staring into my eyes.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441014917, Mass Market Paperback)

As a person with so few living relatives, Louisiana cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse really hated to lose one. But she never guessed that it would be her cousin Hadley—a consort of the Vampire Queen of New Orleans. After all, technically speaking, Hadley was already dead. And now, as unexpected heir to Hadley’s estate, Sookie discovers the inheritance definitely comes with a risk.

Someone doesn’t want Sookie looking too deeply into Hadley’s past—or for that matter, Hadley’s possessions. And they’re prepared to do anything in their power to stop her. But who? The range of suspects runs from the Rogue Weres who reject Sookie as a friend of the Pack to the Vampire Queen herself, who could be working through a particularly vulnerable subject—Sookie’s first love, Bill.

Whoever it is, they’re definitely dangerous—and Sookie’s life is definitely on the line…

With HBO's launching of an all-new show, True Blood, based on the Southern Vampire novels, the demand for Charlaine Harris and Sookie Stackhouse is bigger than ever.

Watch a QuickTime trailer for the HBO original series True Blood.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:19:42 -0400)

Supernaturally gifted cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse heads for New Orleans, where she is forced to contend with her own family's dark legacy and a variety of potentially lethal characters.

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,464,200 books! | Top bar: Always visible