Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris

Definitely Dead

by Charlaine Harris

Series: Southern Vampire Mysteries (6)

Bite [Anthology 5-in-1] by Laurell K. Hamilton (Trai)
    Trai: Contains "One Word Answer", the short-story prequel to Definitely Dead.

English (138)  Spanish (1)  Hungarian (1)  French (1)  All languages (141)
I am certain that Charlaine Harris won't leave Sookie with Quinn (which is unfortunate), I wonder how she will manage to get rid of him, since he is a great character. At least, he is in this book. ( )
  Irena. | Aug 26, 2014 |
Not much to add to the other reviews. The story goes on very well. No new paranormal creatures, but we do get a murder mystery inside a couple of others that makes for a complicated mess. I wasn't terribly happy with Harris letting Sookie find out information & purposely leaving us in the dark for so long. It seemed like a cheap way to draw out the suspense. The book is told in the first person, after all. I think it would have been a stronger story if we'd known what she did.

Parker again did a wonderful job of reading this. On to the next, [b:All Together Dead|477778|All Together Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #7)|Charlaine Harris|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1255828464s/477778.jpg|3159810]. ( )
  jimmaclachlan | Aug 18, 2014 |
Sookie Stackhouse books should not be confused with the True Blood series. Characters are from the book and the setting is from the book, but that is about it. Harris has created a world of vampires and fairies, weres and things that go bump in the night. As a book series it is fun and rich with details. There are some of the books that worked better than others. I enjoyed the plots and the way the characters developed in the novels much more than the show and eventually stopped watching. It was too confusing keep two different plot lines going for the same characters. I highly recommend people to read the series. As i wrote before some of the novels are great and some are just so so. I am not particularly fond of the last book because it seem so rush and out of character. Over great series and a reread. ( )
  NicolefromCarmel | May 5, 2014 |
bought 09/07/08, 55 RMB

I think this is the 3rd Sookie Stackhouse book I've read. It would be nice to read them in order sometime although I did at least read the first one first. ( )
  Susanna.Dilliott | Apr 23, 2014 |
it was just okay for me. it seemed like a bit all over the place in the beginning, and it ended abruptly. still enjoyable, mostly cause of the characters though. will definitely read the next one to see what happens. ( )
  lloyd1175 | Mar 22, 2014 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Obviously, this book was finished months before Hurricane Katrina struck the Gulf Coast. Since much of the plot is set in New Orleans, I struggled with whether I would leave Definitely Dead as it was, or include the catastrophe of August and September. After much thought, since Sookie's visit takes place in the early spring of the year, I decided to let the book remain as it was originally written.

My heart goes out to the people of the beautiful city of New Orleans and to all the people of the coastal areas of Mississippi, my home state. My thoughts and prayers will be with you as you rebuild your homes and your lives.
I was draped over the arm of one of the most beautiful men I'd ever seen, and he was staring into my eyes.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441014917, Mass Market Paperback)

As a person with so few living relatives, Louisiana cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse really hated to lose one. But she never guessed that it would be her cousin Hadley—a consort of the Vampire Queen of New Orleans. After all, technically speaking, Hadley was already dead. And now, as unexpected heir to Hadley’s estate, Sookie discovers the inheritance definitely comes with a risk.

Someone doesn’t want Sookie looking too deeply into Hadley’s past—or for that matter, Hadley’s possessions. And they’re prepared to do anything in their power to stop her. But who? The range of suspects runs from the Rogue Weres who reject Sookie as a friend of the Pack to the Vampire Queen herself, who could be working through a particularly vulnerable subject—Sookie’s first love, Bill.

Whoever it is, they’re definitely dangerous—and Sookie’s life is definitely on the line…

With HBO's launching of an all-new show, True Blood, based on the Southern Vampire novels, the demand for Charlaine Harris and Sookie Stackhouse is bigger than ever.

Watch a QuickTime trailer for the HBO original series True Blood.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:19:42 -0400)

Supernaturally gifted cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse heads for New Orleans, where she is forced to contend with her own family's dark legacy and a variety of potentially lethal characters.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,434,652 books! | Top bar: Always visible