Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris

Definitely Dead

by Charlaine Harris

Bite [Anthology 5-in-1] by Laurell K. Hamilton (Trai)
    Trai: Contains "One Word Answer", the short-story prequel to Definitely Dead.

English (149)  Spanish (1)  Hungarian (1)  French (1)  All languages (152)
I am certain that Charlaine Harris won't leave Sookie with Quinn (which is unfortunate), I wonder how she will manage to get rid of him, since he is a great character. At least, he is in this book. ( )
  Irena. | Jan 28, 2016 |
Of all the books in this series, this has to be one of the ones that I didn't take to...

Call me a prude, but I didn't like her choice of "lovers" in this episode, she began to seem a bit "cheap" to me.

Quinn, the weretiger ia a bit obnoxious and "macho" for my taste.... In my opinion...Sookie is better off with one of the vampires. ( )
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |
It took me awhile to get into this 6th installment of Sookie Stackhouse series. I was mighty confused by the entrance of Hadley (I either waited too long between books and forgot about her or she just suddenly became a major part, not sure). It took me awhile to get used to the addition of MORE characters and for the story to get rolling on this one. But once it got going, I did enjoy the story line, much more than the 5th book. I still like the earlier books more but the series in entertaining enough to continue. Plus, it was nice not to have a dozen men after at once in this book, sort of refreshing. I could do without her detailed description of every outfit she and everyone around her wears, but I'm used to it by this point. ( )
  UberButter | Jan 16, 2016 |
Sookie reminded me a little of Stephanie Plum in this one! ( )
  bouldermimi | Jan 13, 2016 |
In this Sookie Stackhouse novel, Sookie is now with Quinn, the weretiger. She goes to New Orleans to clean out her cousin Hadley's apartment, and quickly becomes the focus of several attacks. As usual there are two seperate mysteries, one regarding Sookie herself and another one involving Hadley's apartment. There is a very painful moment where Sookie finds out that Bill was sent to Bon Temps to begin a relationship with her so that she could join the Queens retinue. Sookie fans will be glad to finally see her in a relationship with someone who understands the kinds of problems involved in being supernatural and someone who genuinely seems to like her. She is also finally learning to take it slow. Can't wait to find out what happens in the next novel. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Obviously, this book was finished months before Hurricane Katrina struck the Gulf Coast. Since much of the plot is set in New Orleans, I struggled with whether I would leave Definitely Dead as it was, or include the catastrophe of August and September. After much thought, since Sookie's visit takes place in the early spring of the year, I decided to let the book remain as it was originally written.

My heart goes out to the people of the beautiful city of New Orleans and to all the people of the coastal areas of Mississippi, my home state. My thoughts and prayers will be with you as you rebuild your homes and your lives.
I was draped over the arm of one of the most beautiful men I'd ever seen, and he was staring into my eyes.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441014917, Mass Market Paperback)

As a person with so few living relatives, Louisiana cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse really hated to lose one. But she never guessed that it would be her cousin Hadley—a consort of the Vampire Queen of New Orleans. After all, technically speaking, Hadley was already dead. And now, as unexpected heir to Hadley’s estate, Sookie discovers the inheritance definitely comes with a risk.

Someone doesn’t want Sookie looking too deeply into Hadley’s past—or for that matter, Hadley’s possessions. And they’re prepared to do anything in their power to stop her. But who? The range of suspects runs from the Rogue Weres who reject Sookie as a friend of the Pack to the Vampire Queen herself, who could be working through a particularly vulnerable subject—Sookie’s first love, Bill.

Whoever it is, they’re definitely dangerous—and Sookie’s life is definitely on the line…

With HBO's launching of an all-new show, True Blood, based on the Southern Vampire novels, the demand for Charlaine Harris and Sookie Stackhouse is bigger than ever.

Watch a QuickTime trailer for the HBO original series True Blood.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:33 -0400)

Supernaturally gifted cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse heads for New Orleans, where she is forced to contend with her own family's dark legacy and a variety of potentially lethal characters.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,110,830 books! | Top bar: Always visible