Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris

Definitely Dead

by Charlaine Harris

Series: Southern Vampire Mysteries (6)

Bite [Anthology 5-in-1] by Laurell K. Hamilton (Trai)
    Trai: Contains "One Word Answer", the short-story prequel to Definitely Dead.

English (142)  Spanish (1)  Hungarian (1)  French (1)  All languages (145)
6th in the Southern Vampire Mysteries. ( )
  boppisces | Mar 13, 2015 |
This book was ok...I like the Sookie books but it's hard for me to get into them. But I'm doing it!

I did like Sookie and Quinn =) ( )
  christih | Mar 1, 2015 |
I followed up the Twilight series with the Sookie Stackhouse series. A good, soft transition into more paranormal romance. Too much hype for Charlaine Harris's books because of the HBO series than deserved. The HBO series is fine; the books are fine, but the plot/mystery of each book is simple. Very quick read -- straightforward plot with friendly characters that are easy to like. If you enjoy paranormal, you will probably enjoy this series, but there truly are more gripping, non-plain vanilla paranormal series out there (both in terms of adult scenes and dynamic realtionships between various beings in the paranormal realm). My 4-star rating is based on my thoughts just after reading, but would probably garner only 3-stars after having read Alexancer Ivy, Jacqueline Frank and Gena Showalter. I stopped reading this series after the 9th book... ( )
  olongbourn | Mar 1, 2015 |
One of the best of the series. ( )
  VincentDarlage | Jan 30, 2015 |
I am certain that Charlaine Harris won't leave Sookie with Quinn (which is unfortunate), I wonder how she will manage to get rid of him, since he is a great character. At least, he is in this book. ( )
  Irena. | Aug 26, 2014 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Obviously, this book was finished months before Hurricane Katrina struck the Gulf Coast. Since much of the plot is set in New Orleans, I struggled with whether I would leave Definitely Dead as it was, or include the catastrophe of August and September. After much thought, since Sookie's visit takes place in the early spring of the year, I decided to let the book remain as it was originally written.

My heart goes out to the people of the beautiful city of New Orleans and to all the people of the coastal areas of Mississippi, my home state. My thoughts and prayers will be with you as you rebuild your homes and your lives.
I was draped over the arm of one of the most beautiful men I'd ever seen, and he was staring into my eyes.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441014917, Mass Market Paperback)

As a person with so few living relatives, Louisiana cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse really hated to lose one. But she never guessed that it would be her cousin Hadley—a consort of the Vampire Queen of New Orleans. After all, technically speaking, Hadley was already dead. And now, as unexpected heir to Hadley’s estate, Sookie discovers the inheritance definitely comes with a risk.

Someone doesn’t want Sookie looking too deeply into Hadley’s past—or for that matter, Hadley’s possessions. And they’re prepared to do anything in their power to stop her. But who? The range of suspects runs from the Rogue Weres who reject Sookie as a friend of the Pack to the Vampire Queen herself, who could be working through a particularly vulnerable subject—Sookie’s first love, Bill.

Whoever it is, they’re definitely dangerous—and Sookie’s life is definitely on the line…

With HBO's launching of an all-new show, True Blood, based on the Southern Vampire novels, the demand for Charlaine Harris and Sookie Stackhouse is bigger than ever.

Watch a QuickTime trailer for the HBO original series True Blood.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:19:42 -0400)

Supernaturally gifted cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse heads for New Orleans, where she is forced to contend with her own family's dark legacy and a variety of potentially lethal characters.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,245,509 books! | Top bar: Always visible