Definitely Dead: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel…

Definitely Dead: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel (edition 2006)

by Charlaine Harris (Author)

Member:drrtydenimdiva
Title:Definitely Dead: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel
Authors:Charlaine Harris (Author)
Info:Ace (2006), Edition: Reprint, 342 pages
Tags:vampires, supernatural, New Orleans

Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris

Bite [Anthology 5-in-1] by Laurell K. Hamilton (Trai)
    Trai: Contains "One Word Answer", the short-story prequel to Definitely Dead.

English (167)  Spanish (1)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (169)
Sookie has many admirers but is now dating Quinn a weretiger. She's feeling lonely, helps to save a missing child and has to go deal with her cousins things, while fending off several attacks and vampire demands. She also makes a shocking discovery. Book meanders around, wasn't sure where it was going for awhile.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
Listening on audiobook.

Quinn, like Alcide, doesn't really do it for me. He's more appealing than Alcide, but I still find I have to imagine him as a hot famous basketball player to hold my attention. I'm still not into the "man's man" kind of guys. I'm stoked Sookie is going to Nawlins with Bill and the demons. I know a lot of people don't like Bill, but I like him better than any of the shifters. There's something about him.

I kinda liked the little mini-plot about the kid disappearing and Sookie saving the day. And I'm thrilled that Eric is seething mad and saying things like "she was mine and will be mine again." Anticipating good things to come.

.....

Having finished the book, I have to agree with people's assessments that it kind of felt like an interlude between major plots. My favourite things from this book were the queen (I was pleasantly surprised with her sudden back-story monologue and that her attraction to Hadley was more profound than originally thought) and Amelia. Vampire politics and intrigue were awesome too, and I was glad they finally went to New Orleans. Quinn is wearing really thin on me. He doesn't do it for me at all. I'm glad the Pelt thing is finally wrapped up.

I thought they handled the Bill revelation really well -- Sookie was suitably devastated. And I loved, loved that scene near the end where she tells him that his love isn't going to magically fix everything. It made me love Sookie just that much more.

I was, of course, disappointed there wasn't more Eric. I would totally still read the books if the only characters were Pam and Eric.

I can't tell if I'm getting more used to Harris's style, or if the books are actually getting markedly better.

I'm eagerly anticipating the summit in the next book. ( )
  xiaomarlo | Apr 17, 2019 |
Just as good as all the others. I especially liked Sookie's relationship with Quinn. ( )
  kaylynvh | Mar 12, 2019 |
Reread Jan 2019.
Changing rating from 5 to 3 stars. Even though Quinn starts out as one of my favorites, the story is a little all over the place. ( )
  CielCat | Feb 6, 2019 |
"This book I give it 5 out of 5 stars!"

Read more of this review and my character breakdown here: https://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2009/12/down-in-boondocks.html ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Jan 1, 2019 |

Harris, Charlaineprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Desimini, LisaCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Potter, Franz J.Introductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Weisz, BöbeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wilkinson, Sarahsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Obviously, this book was finished months before Hurricane Katrina struck the Gulf Coast. Since much of the plot is set in New Orleans, I struggled with whether I would leave Definitely Dead as it was, or include the catastrophe of August and September. After much thought, since Sookie's visit takes place in the early spring of the year, I decided to let the book remain as it was originally written.

My heart goes out to the people of the beautiful city of New Orleans and to all the people of the coastal areas of Mississippi, my home state. My thoughts and prayers will be with you as you rebuild your homes and your lives.
I was draped over the arm of one of the most beautiful men I'd ever seen, and he was staring into my eyes.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441014917, Mass Market Paperback)

As a person with so few living relatives, Louisiana cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse really hated to lose one. But she never guessed that it would be her cousin Hadley—a consort of the Vampire Queen of New Orleans. After all, technically speaking, Hadley was already dead. And now, as unexpected heir to Hadley’s estate, Sookie discovers the inheritance definitely comes with a risk.

Someone doesn’t want Sookie looking too deeply into Hadley’s past—or for that matter, Hadley’s possessions. And they’re prepared to do anything in their power to stop her. But who? The range of suspects runs from the Rogue Weres who reject Sookie as a friend of the Pack to the Vampire Queen herself, who could be working through a particularly vulnerable subject—Sookie’s first love, Bill.

Whoever it is, they’re definitely dangerous—and Sookie’s life is definitely on the line…

With HBO's launching of an all-new show, True Blood, based on the Southern Vampire novels, the demand for Charlaine Harris and Sookie Stackhouse is bigger than ever.

Watch a QuickTime trailer for the HBO original series True Blood.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:33 -0400)

Supernaturally gifted cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse heads for New Orleans, where she is forced to contend with her own family's dark legacy and a variety of potentially lethal characters.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,653,450 books! | Top bar: Always visible