Definitely Dead (Southern Vampire Mysteries,…

Definitely Dead (Southern Vampire Mysteries, Book 6) (edition 2007)

by Charlaine Harris

Member:MusicLovinMama
Title:Definitely Dead (Southern Vampire Mysteries, Book 6)
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Info:Ace (2007), Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages

Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris

Bite [Anthology 5-in-1] by Laurell K. Hamilton (Trai)
    Trai: Contains "One Word Answer", the short-story prequel to Definitely Dead.

English (165)  Spanish (1)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (167)
Just as good as all the others. I especially liked Sookie's relationship with Quinn. ( )
  kaylynvh | Mar 12, 2019 |
Reread Jan 2019.
Changing rating from 5 to 3 stars. Even though Quinn starts out as one of my favorites, the story is a little all over the place. ( )
  CielCat | Feb 6, 2019 |
"This book I give it 5 out of 5 stars!"

Read more of this review and my character breakdown here: https://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2009/12/down-in-boondocks.html ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Jan 1, 2019 |
In this book we meet Quinn. Quinn is hot. He is one of my fav characters in this book. We get to see Sookie in New Orleans where she is cleaning out her dead cousin's apartment after her cousin is murdered. This is also where we meet a witch that will become one of Sookies best friends. Great book. ( )
  LVStrongPuff | Nov 29, 2018 |
Sookie is finally putting her “powers” to good use. She is trying to save a life. She gets to learn a little bit more about herself and her powers. To be honest I don’t know why more people don’t listen to Sookie, she is smart as hell and has some great ideas. Not a lot happened in this book but it ties up some lose ends. Eric doesn’t play a huge part in this one. And Bill finally gets part of what he deserves. I like how Sookie handles the Queen of Louisiana. How the hell does Sookie always get herself into so much trouble! ( )
  nicolemeier111 | Aug 29, 2018 |

Harris, Charlaineprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Desimini, LisaCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Potter, Franz J.Introductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Weisz, BöbeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wilkinson, Sarahsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Obviously, this book was finished months before Hurricane Katrina struck the Gulf Coast. Since much of the plot is set in New Orleans, I struggled with whether I would leave Definitely Dead as it was, or include the catastrophe of August and September. After much thought, since Sookie's visit takes place in the early spring of the year, I decided to let the book remain as it was originally written.

My heart goes out to the people of the beautiful city of New Orleans and to all the people of the coastal areas of Mississippi, my home state. My thoughts and prayers will be with you as you rebuild your homes and your lives.
I was draped over the arm of one of the most beautiful men I'd ever seen, and he was staring into my eyes.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441014917, Mass Market Paperback)

As a person with so few living relatives, Louisiana cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse really hated to lose one. But she never guessed that it would be her cousin Hadley—a consort of the Vampire Queen of New Orleans. After all, technically speaking, Hadley was already dead. And now, as unexpected heir to Hadley’s estate, Sookie discovers the inheritance definitely comes with a risk.

Someone doesn’t want Sookie looking too deeply into Hadley’s past—or for that matter, Hadley’s possessions. And they’re prepared to do anything in their power to stop her. But who? The range of suspects runs from the Rogue Weres who reject Sookie as a friend of the Pack to the Vampire Queen herself, who could be working through a particularly vulnerable subject—Sookie’s first love, Bill.

Whoever it is, they’re definitely dangerous—and Sookie’s life is definitely on the line…

With HBO's launching of an all-new show, True Blood, based on the Southern Vampire novels, the demand for Charlaine Harris and Sookie Stackhouse is bigger than ever.

Watch a QuickTime trailer for the HBO original series True Blood.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:33 -0400)

Supernaturally gifted cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse heads for New Orleans, where she is forced to contend with her own family's dark legacy and a variety of potentially lethal characters.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,422,607 books! | Top bar: Always visible