Truly Madly Yours by Rachel Gibson

Truly Madly Yours (edition 2012)

by Rachel Gibson (Author)

Member:koalalover
Title:Truly Madly Yours
Authors:Rachel Gibson (Author)
Info:Avon (2012), Kindle Edition, 324 pages
Collections:Your library, Kindle
Rating:***1/2
Tags:contemporary, romance, chic lit, read in 2012, Delaney Shaw & Nick Allegrezza, read in 2013

Truly Madly Yours by Rachel Gibson

Another one that was slow to start, but that picked up as it went along. Only two issues I had with it: o.k. I got it; he was Basque. Is that really that big of a deal in Idaho? I'm guessing yes, otherwise, it wouldn't have been mentioned quite so much, but still, at a certain point, I think it no longer needed to be noted. Also, [SPOILER ALERT] after spending the entire book falling in love with Delaney and Nick falling (or, rather, being) in love, I wasn't happy with how abruptly it resolved and then ended. (And I'm not proud about it, but I especially wanted the moms to have some comeuppance.) With that said, I thought the author did a really great job in both setting up the Delaney/Nick history while also allowing them to believably get by it. I just would have liked to see a little bit more. Still, 4 stars. ( )
  jendoyle2000 | Nov 3, 2013 |
3.5 stars ( )
  Nitzan_Schwarz | Sep 25, 2013 |
I thought it would have been a lot better. I didn't care about Delaney and Nick was a very boring character. Nothing really happened except the slow movement of the two characters progressing. ( )
  kimbee | Aug 12, 2010 |
This gets prize for the worse proofing I can ever remember noting on a professionally published book. In the hundred pages of this contemporary romance I pushed myself to read, I noticed two cases of "too" where it should have been "to," "soul" instead of "sole" a "ly" suffix left off twice.

I guess I shouldn't necessarily blame the author for shoddy copyediting--I can however blame her for the ludicrous (yet in romance books) cliched plot, where the stipulations of a will are used to force the two romantic protagonists together. All might have been forgiven if the book offered me something--absorbing plot with twists and turns, immersed me in its small-town Idaho setting, striking prose, memorable characters I cared about, made me laugh--anything. But it was just blah, and I didn't care about Delaney or Nick, so at the end of Chapter Four and 99 pages I put it down. ( )
  LisaMaria_C | Jul 3, 2010 |
Another winner from Rachel Gibson. Delaney and Nick made out once when they were teenagers but they were caught by her stepfather - Nick's own father - and forced apart. Though Henry never acknowledged Nick as his son in life, he does in death by creating a will that forces Delaney to stay in Truly, Idaho for a year but at the same time forces Nick to stay away from her. When their relationship heats up again, it just about threatens to burn the town down. ( )
  Elishibai | Jan 2, 2009 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0380801213, Mass Market Paperback)

Delaney Shaw plans to get in and out of her hometown in the time it takes to attend her stepfather Henry's funeral, read the will, and refill the tank of her Miata. Even the pleas of her mother and the tension of an unfinished fling with Henry's bastard son, Nick Allegrezza, can't keep her in Truly, Idaho. But Henry had other plans in mind: Nick and Delaney's inheritance is contingent on her staying in Truly for a year, and him having no "sexual relationship" with Delaney. What's a girl to do? Delaney digs in, starts up a hair salon and prepares to grit her teeth for as long as it takes.

Small-town life is everything that Delaney fears it to be: high school rivalries and old rumors about Delaney and Nick resurrect themselves with predictable immediacy. Gossip nears the truth as the sexual sparks fly between Nick and Delaney. Nick's reputation as a ladies man hasn't changed, either, and Delaney reminds herself that he can love her and leave her just as brutally as he did 10 years ago. But when the two find themselves in close proximity, all their best intentions fly out the window and intense passion consumes them.

Truly Madly Yours has the same originality and sauciness that made Rachel Gibson's first work, Simply Irresistible, popular with readers. While each page brings a new take on the familiar "black sheep, old flame" plot, the main characters are at times a bit unappealing. Delaney's unqualified disgust for Truly becomes a tired mantra and no amount of biker jackets and muttered "wild things" can neutralize Nick's anachronistic womanizing. Gibson wisely focuses her attention on clever dialogue and original situations, and the overall result is a delightful and completely entertaining read. --Nancy R.E. O'Brien

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:37:21 -0400)

Delaney Shaw returned home to Truly, Idaho, for the reading of her stepfather's will. But if she wants her inheritance she needs to stay put and have nothing to do with sexy Nick Allegrezza...for an entire year!

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,328,670 books! | Top bar: Always visible