Color Me Floral: Stunning Monochromatic…

Color Me Floral: Stunning Monochromatic Arrangements for Every Season

2011735,519 (4.55)1

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This gorgeous hardcover book is what every flower lover needs to see. The photography is stunning and, by the way, the author's husband took the pictures!

The book is arranged by seasons and each of the 40 floral designs has careful instructions plus all the information you need to complete each design. The tips seem to be easy to follow. For a beginner or an advanced floral designer interested in doing floral arranging, this would definitely be the book to use. And it will look fabulous on your coffee table.

Thanks to the publisher, Chronicle Books, via LibraryThing for a copy in exchange for my honest opinion. ( )
  pegmcdaniel | May 24, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Color Me Floral is a stunning collection of floral arrangements grouped by season and color. The arrangements have an old-world look because of their asymmetrical design, low vases and overflowing vegetation. An overwhelming number of different flowers and plants were used for the designs -- including vines and fruits. And even though the final arrangements look intimidating, the author’s creative advice is clear, casual and encouraging.

I appreciated the “Palette” section where each element of the design was displayed individually. The only critique I would offer is that the dark backgrounds and dim lighting of some of the arrangements obscured some of the details of the vegetation. I understand that the lighting was an effect, but there were a few arrangements where it was difficult to make out some of the individual elements of the final design. Overall, a wonderful book that will stay out on my coffee table for months.
  themagiciansgirl | May 22, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a lovely book that should be appealing to readers who prefer simple instructions and ample photos. There is a brief introductory section devoted to flower preparation, floral tools and vessels. The remainder of the book is all about monochromatic flower arrangements by season. This would be colorful and cheery book to leave out on a table or look through on a rainy day. There is plenty of floral design inspiration to be found, especially for those planning for a special event or party.

Thank you to Chronicle Books, LLC and Library Thing for providing me with a copy of this book to review. ( )
  This-n-That | Apr 24, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Color Me Floral is a beautiful book where one floral design is more impressive than the next. If you are interested in creating unique and stunning floral arrangements, this is definitely a book you will want to own. Arranged by seasons, the author presents an array of interesting combinations using common flowers and some more uncommon elements. I love that she provides a step by step guide that allows readers to recreate all the arrangements she presents in the book.

The book focuses on monochromatic designs but, none of the arrangements were boring or dull. The variety of flowers and plants used by the author made the designs unique and beautiful. The amazing photography is another reason this book will dazzle readers. It is both gorgeous and practical at the same time.

After examining the techniques and suggestions of the author, I felt inspired to create my own floral bouquet. I let myself be inspired by what I found in my garden. Combining flowers such as roses with shrubs such as azaleas and colorful foliage and blooming trees I was able to create an interesting arrangement, unlike anything I had ever put together before. In fact, I think the most important thing I will take away from this book is the idea of putting together different types of plants to create something beautiful, whimsical and a little unexpected. So, if you are looking for inspiration, this is an excellent place to start.

Thanks to LibraryThing and Chronicle Books for allowing me to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
More reviews at: www.susannesbooklist.blogspot.com ( )
  SUS456 | Apr 23, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Color Me Floral is a stunning addition to my coffee table books. The floral arrangements are beautiful works of art. I will never have access to the wide variety of blooms found in the arrangements, but I am inspired to arrange those I have in new, interesting designs and color palettes in the future. This book would make a lovely gift for gardening friends. ( )
  readaholic12 | Apr 21, 2018 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

's book Color Me Floral is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,904,765 books! | Top bar: Always visible