Backpacking My Style by Cristina Grau

Backpacking My Style

by Cristina Grau

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book held little charm, was mostly a listing of facts and figures, without much colour. The number of locations visited was impressive but I didn't get much of a feel for each area. When the author mentioned she really liked an area at the end of a chapter or visit, it came as somewhat as a surprise since that personal feeling wasn't imparted throughout the chapter. Good on her for being able to support herself and do this type of traveling. I'm certainly envious of the lifestyle. ( )
  melissajerome | Aug 23, 2018 |
Despite repeated attempts, I just could not finish this book. It did not engage me at all. ( )
  1Randal | Aug 21, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this through Early Reviewers.

I could not get into this book at all. I tried several times but just could not get into the authors writing style and I abandoned it half way through after flipping through to see if anything further on kept my attention. At times it felt like her just listing off things that seemed unimportant, inconsequential or just down right boring. She seemed mostly to be concerned with outlining the costs of stuff and this got boring fast. ( )
  Sosannna | Aug 7, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Ebook. Liked the author’s style of incorporating what she did in each country, a little history about them, and what it cost. Would like to know of her experiences in southeast Asia. ( )
  marilynsantiago | Aug 6, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Just a very matter-of-fact book about the author's travels during one year, not terribly interesting, informative about the cost of things in various countries. Could have used some editing/proofreading before publication. ( )
  Rozey | Aug 4, 2018 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Cristina Grau's book Backpacking My Style is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,917,641 books! | Top bar: Always visible