Chasing the Dead by D.B. Sieders

Chasing the Dead

by D.B. Sieders

1411972,204 (3.6)None

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I am reviewing this as a LibraryThing Early Reviewer. This was only j25 pages and for me, just to short. I would consider this more as a first chapter. However this did draw my interest enough that I will be reading the first book, waking the Dead, shortly. ( )
  middleman66 | Aug 30, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I was given a copy of this short story in return for an honest review. I think D.B. Seiders is a very talented author, but not one for me. I would advise you read the first Soul Broker book, Waking the Dead, before attempting to read this short story. I was extremely confused as to what was going on until I read it once again, after reading the first book. I did appreciate the flipped point of view, as this short story takes place during the beginning of book one, but I felt it was too short. I would have loved to see more of Darkmore's life a d his opinion on Vivian's choices. I do recommend the Soul Broker series to those who enjoy light fantasy and romance. ( )
  Letora | Jul 27, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this short book via Library Thing Early Reviewers. It is a mere 25 pages long and would qualify as the introduction chapter to the first book of the series as I introduces the three principal characters at the moment they all realise there is something special about the woman Vivian. For all its bevity, the story moves well and kept me interested. ( )
  nadineeg | Jul 20, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book is a prequel concentrating on reaper Lazarus Darkmore. I haven't read the first book in this series so I don't know anything about the world created by D.B Sieders. I felt like that worked for rather than against me. This was only about 25 pages, and normally I'd find that too short. However, I felt like the short and sweet approach drew me into the world. I wanted to know who Lazarus was and how Vivian fit into his world. There was just enough in this prequel to get me interested. In fact, I felt like this could have been the first chapter of the book. D.B Sieders did a great job of balancing that fine line between setting up a mysterious character with minimal information, and leaving the reader perplexed and unable to engage with the story. This prequel left me intrigued and wanting to get the next book in the series.
  Reader1984 | May 14, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was a short glimpse into what appears to be a very interesting series. I was very intrigued and the short left me wanting to find out more about the series. It reminded me a lot of one of the grave seriesseries by Darynda Jones which is one of my all time favorite series. This appears to be just a bit darker than that. I will definitely look into this series. 4⭐️ ( )
  karenvg3 | May 9, 2018 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

D.B. Sieders's book Chasing the Dead is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,917,946 books! | Top bar: Always visible