Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

Rough Stuff by Gayle Lynds

Rough Stuff (1989)

by Gayle Lynds

BOTTOM-LINE:
Not bad, not great
PLOT OR PREMISE:
This book marks the third in the Crimebusters series, with the Three Investigators in a plane crash with Bob's father.
WHAT I LIKED:
After the plane crash, they are forced to "rough it", with standard adventure fare. The mystery is classic Three Investigators, and Stone is beginning to somewhat settle into the characters.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE:
The adventure side degrades into dealing with polluters with M-16 rifles and there is a "fight" scene that again is very far removed from the Three Investigators world.
DISCLOSURE:
I received no compensation, not even a free copy, in exchange for this review. I am not personal friends with the author, nor do I follow him / her on social media. ( )
  polywogg | Jan 8, 2017 |

After crash-landing in the high Sierras the Three Investigators encounter a village of mysteriously ill Indians and some unusually blood-thirsty hunters.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:36 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,493,510 books! | Top bar: Always visible