Akira, Volume 5 by Katsuhiro Ōtomo

Akira, Volume 5

by Katsuhiro Ōtomo

Series: Akira (5)

English (5)  Danish (1)  All languages (6)
Phenomenal work. Otomo's draftsmanship in unparalleled, and his writing skills are attested to by the engrossing and quick paced story. ( )
  mohi | Jul 5, 2009 |
This volume had a lot of action in it so not a lot happened. I think my favorite part of this book was Kaneda and Kei getting back together as well as the developing romance between Tetsuo and Kaori. There were no exploding heads in this one; again I am thankful. This story-line has gotten to the point where I can't tell who's going to win. But I am certain that there is no completely evil side. Sure Tetsuo's got a big helping of testosterone and super-powers but he isn't completely bad. I just hope he can gain control of himself before his powers go all out loco and he has to get killed. ( )
  Shebakune | Feb 13, 2009 |
The US military has decided to move more overtly after the Neo-Tokyo events. An aircraft carrier group is now on location, with both a scientifc and military purpose. They want to study the psionics, and see if they can gain control of SOL, among other things.

Tetsuo is not a big fan of theirs, and decides blowing the crap out of them would be good.

http://graphicsf.blogspot.com/2007/01/akira-5.html ( )
  bluetyson | Jan 27, 2007 |
One of the great Sci-fi , post apocolyptic, comic book, action packed, graphic novels or all time. ( )
  LastCall | Dec 27, 2005 |

With Akira and his mad prime minister ruling the Great Tokyo Empire, the world at largeis gathering its military strength to take on the Empire.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,242,928 books! | Top bar: Always visible