Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

Heresy by Melissa Lenhardt
162886,833 (4)6

I don’t believe I have ever read a western featuring a gang of outlaws that just happened to be women. Heresy is exactly that and the story captured my interest from the very beginning.

Written in journal style and giving the personal accounts of three different women involved, the story follows the years during which a gang of women robbed banks and stagecoaches and never got the credit, due to the fact that no one believed women were capable of such a thing.

Even though the book is about criminals, it’s a fairly clean read, with no gory violence or explicit sex. In fact, at times I detected a bit of slapstick humor in the writing.

Heresy is a very entertaining read, although it seemed to drag a bit near the end. This is the fourth novel that I have read by Melissa Lenhardt and this is my favorite thus far. Readers who like westerns and strong women will enjoy this one!

Many thanks to NetGalley and Redhook Books for allowing me to read an advance copy and give an honest review. ( )
  tamidale | Jan 19, 2019 |
This review was written by the author.
Author here. I love this book and can’t wait to share it with you on 10/2/18. ( )
  MelissaLenhardt | Mar 11, 2018 |

Melissa Lenhardt is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,478,499 books! | Top bar: Always visible