Crossover: A Cassandra Kresnov Novel by Joel…

Crossover: A Cassandra Kresnov Novel (2001)

by Joel Shepherd

Series: Cassandra Kresnov (1)

Recently added byaviskase, AndyMD, Jay-Freeman, private library, alpharia, ffffaryn
    Saturn's Children by Charles Stross (hoddybook)
    hoddybook: Both have female ai's with a high libido in a dangerous universe.
    Spin State by Chris Moriarty (thegryph)
    thegryph: Both have military-minded female protagonists in an SF world that has blurry lines between human and machine.

Page after page of sentence fragments. I suppose this is supposed to be a 'style.' I couldn't force myself to read more than a couple chapters, waiting for some redeeming factors to catch my interest. None presented themselves. ( )
  rashkae | May 22, 2015 |
  rustyoldboat | May 28, 2011 |
Surprisingly entertaining and creative, though the lead character is a bit of a Mary Sue (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MarySue). ( )
  crop | Oct 14, 2010 |
A super-powerful artificial soldier flees from the human society that created her and tries to hide with a new civilian identity on an enemy planet. However, she ends up getting caught in the middle of double- and triple-crosses involving security forces from both civilizations. Although a number of reviews have described the book as full of sex, it isn't; indeed, what little sex takes place during the plot happens during discreet fade-outs. Instead, the heart of the story is a melodrama that plays out on the interior emotional landscapes of several characters. To the extent that the book has a conceptual focus, it's on the nature of self in society -- not the philosophical question of what it means to be human, but the political question of what it means for a society to grant or deny equal rights to a being who is so fantastically physically superior but so emotionally similar to an ordinary human. I found the action sequences bland and jargon-laden. I don't care about guns, or explosions, or objects smashing together at high speed, and tended to lose focus in these sections. I liked several of the characters well enough that I'll go ahead and try the second book in this series. ( )
  bezoar44 | Sep 13, 2010 |

Joel Shepherdprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cooke, JacquelineCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Martiniere, StephanCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my parents, for making everything possible

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,868,757 books! | Top bar: Always visible