The Man of Bronze by Kenneth Robeson

I haven't had this much fun reading a book in a while. Cheesy fun!! ( )
  hredwards | Oct 5, 2016 |
Doc Savage, the Man of Bronze. A more perfect physical specimen does not exist. He's a Greek god come to life. Not only does he possess a perfect physical form, he is also the most keen mind of his generation, being an expert in every field he has taken the time to study.

Doc is one of the greatest pulp heroes ever, because he has a superior moral code. He is a man of action, but also a thinking man's hero. And he ain't got time for dames, not when there's a world to make better.

The dialogue is reminiscent of something I would have written as a child, but that's partly due to the time period and partly due to the audience these books were written for, young men and old men who still act like young men. It's a pure adventure tale in which Doc and his five friends, all the top men in their respected field, surpassed only by Doc himself, find themselves in cliffhanger after cliffhanger until the whole thing is resolved in a thrilling climax.

Better pulp fare you will not find. ( )
  regularguy5mb | Jun 23, 2013 |
Better than expected. Nice to have a new source of "palate cleansers" to read between some of the more serious reads. ( )
  GTTexas | Jul 11, 2012 |
A delightfully horrible book. Doc Savage is faster, smarter, and stronger than anyone else and of course the young women fall for him every time. But he has no time, he must save the world. Classic pulp. ( )
  jgaiser | Jun 19, 2012 |
To be honest, I thought "Man of Bronze" was a pretty rough read. The narrative style was interesting and I found myself enjoying how over-the-top and ridiculous it was, but the dialogue was painful.

The story itself was a lot of fun. I'll probably read one more to give the series another shot, but I'm not sure it's something I'd ever recommend to anyone. ( )
  MatNastos | Apr 22, 2012 |

Kenneth Robesonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Dent, LesterAuthormain authorsome editionsconfirmed

Hard cover pictorial edition by Western Publishing, 1975. Illustrated with line drawings by Ron Villani. 211 pages

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:19 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,205,676 books! | Top bar: Always visible