The Other Woman: A Novel by Sandie Jones

The Other Woman: A Novel (original 2018; edition 2018)

by Sandie Jones (Author)

Member:KeriLynneD
Title:The Other Woman: A Novel
Authors:Sandie Jones (Author)
Info:Minotaur Books (2018), 304 pages
Rating:*****

The Other Woman by Sandie Jones (2018)

Excellent! Couldn't put it down. ( )
  sasp424 | Mar 6, 2019 |
I'm listening to this on audio book. If you are looking for a book that makes you mad and talk back to the characters a lot and gets you crazy with irritation of the situation then this is the book for you. All I can say is WOW this was a roller coaster ride of a book. A great twist a great story.
  greergreer | Mar 1, 2019 |
The Other Woman tells the story of a woman so in love with her boyfriend, then-fiancee that she'll do anything to keep their relationship going - even put up with his mother. His mother, who is awful to her, but her son won't see it.

Honestly I couldn't see the draw of Adam. Why did Emily love him so unconditionally? I didn't see the love between them and I think that's where the story lost it for me. ( )
  Sbojo32 | Jan 30, 2019 |
I had high expectations for this book after the great reviews, Reese Witherspoon choosing it for her November 2018 book, and the news that it’s going to be adapted this year. Unfortunately, I was pretty disappointed. It felt like the sole purpose of the book was to be a red herring for the very abrupt twist at the end. I appreciated this because I love when I can’t guess the ending, but the twist felt more like an afterthought than a planned plot direction. To me, it seemed like the author wrote most of the book and only then thought of the twist.

The pace of the story was way too fast and came at the expense of plot and character substance. Emily was the only character that felt somewhat realistic, but she was far too naive and gullible. Most of the other characters annoyed me as well, especially Pammie (although that was definitely the author’s intention). The only thing that kept me going was the urge to see whether or not I was able to guess the ending (I was). I also was able to guess the epilogue, but it felt ridiculous and unnecessary.

Many other reviews I’ve seen complained that the book was marketed incorrectly as a psychological thriller, when it really seemed to be more of a chick lit or women’s fiction book. I completely disagree; I felt that it was a very weak thriller with minimal, predictable suspense elements.

I hate to leave such a negative review, but I feel that it’s important to give my honest opinion. The plot was unoriginal, the pace flawed, the characters annoying, and the dialogue extremely contrived. I know Sandie Jones has a second novel coming out soon, and I’m going to give her a second chance with it, but my expectations will be much lower this time. ( )
  danithebookblogger | Jan 24, 2019 |
Wow, I flew through this book! This novel is a quick read, racing to an ending that will truly surprise you! Em and Adam are in love, but Adam's mother, Pammie, isn't on board with the relationship and does everything in her power to sabotage it. Em tries to convince Adam that Pammie is evil, but he consistently takes his mother's side.
It was a deliciously, wicked read, and it kept me guessing right to the end. The last chapter, pre-Epilogue, was a shocker.
I loved how the author built the tension of the relationships in the book. I loved the friendships of Em, Pippa, and Seb, and the easy camaraderie between Em and her mum. The distaste and tension between Em and Pammie was palpable. Well done!
Thanks to #BookishFirst and #StMartinsPress for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.

#BewareOfPammie #TheOtherWoman #SandieJones #BookishFirst #SandraSargent #StMartinsPress #MinoutaurBooks ( )
  rmarcin | Jan 22, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,435,719 books! | Top bar: Always visible