Traitor's Moon by Lynn Flewelling

Traitor's Moon (1999)

by Lynn Flewelling

Series: Nightrunner (3)

Recently added byAltheaAnn, mcclar, private library, mhaar, ConnieJo, Irena., ceiba.shade, charliemountin

Not quite as good as the first two in this series. I'm sure fans will still love it, but I found it a bit tedious.
It's quite long - 540 pages, and the great majority of that involves the characters sitting around during pointless political negotiations that seem to be going nowhere. (the kingdom of Skala, at war with neighboring Plenimar, needs access to the forbidden land of the Aurenen - specifically, their ports - in order to gain a military advantage.)
Finally, things pick up when some people start getting killed - but then it falls into typical murder-mystery tropes, and Seregil starts acting more like Sherlock Holmes than one would expect.

I'm not ruling out reading more of this series at some point in the future, but I feel like three books is enough for me, for the time being. ( )
  AltheaAnn | Feb 9, 2016 |
2009 ( )
  mhaar | Feb 3, 2016 |
The writing finally got to me, I couldn't finish it. ( )
  rdyornot | Jul 18, 2013 |
A solid conclusion to the first Nightrunners series, with murky politics, some strong characterisation and detailed culture-building that rewards patient and careful reading. It has a fairly sedate pace compared to the first two books, but still has a few bouts of very exciting action-oriented set pieces and a central mystery to unravel that more than holds the reader's attention. ( )
  salimbol | Apr 25, 2012 |
NIGHTRUNNER
  rustyoldboat | May 28, 2011 |
added by gsc55 | editRainbow Gold Reviews (Nov 10, 2014)

Lynn Flewellingprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Meier, Fraukesecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ruddell, GaryIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sinclair, JamesMap makersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For our folks, Thelma and Win White and Frances Flewelling, for their continuing love and support. I promise I'll write you that serious novel one of these days! Thanks for liking these so much.
The sleet-laden wind buffeted Magyana, whipping wet strands free from the wizard's thick white braid as she trudged across the churned ground of the battlefield.

Seregil and Alec have spent the last two years in self-imposed exile, far from their adopted homeland, Skala, and the bitter memories there. But their time of peace is shattered by a desperate summons from Queen Idrilain, asking them to aid her daughter on a mission to Aurenen, the very land from which Seregil was exiled in his youth

In the sequel to Stalking Darkness, the war continues between Pleminar and Skala, and Alec and Seregil embark on a perilous mission to persuade the people of Aurenen to unite with Skala to end the war, but Alec and Seregil soon find themselves caught in the middle of perilously shifting alliances and betrayal.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,190,766 books! | Top bar: Always visible