Traitor's Moon by Lynn Flewelling

Traitor's Moon (1999)

by Lynn Flewelling

Series: Nightrunner (3)

Recently added byprivate library, saskia17, MissSquish, Marc_Watson, hotforcool, UT_GSC, NotaSaint, Rituri, pcsaust

The writing finally got to me, I couldn't finish it. ( )
  rdyornot | Jul 18, 2013 |
A solid conclusion to the first Nightrunners series, with murky politics, some strong characterisation and detailed culture-building that rewards patient and careful reading. It has a fairly sedate pace compared to the first two books, but still has a few bouts of very exciting action-oriented set pieces and a central mystery to unravel that more than holds the reader's attention. ( )
  salimbol | Apr 25, 2012 |
NIGHTRUNNER
  rustyoldboat | May 28, 2011 |
After the rapid-fire pace of book 2, this third Nigthrunner seems almost plodding in comparison. That said, the story is just as rewarding if requiring more patience from the reader. Here our heroes are sent to Seregil’s birth country of Aurenen to negotiate the reopening of ports and trade to assist Skala in the war effort. Politics and diplomacy take a lot of time, but are no less deadly than Seregil and Alec’s previous adventures. We also find out the details surrounding Seregil’s exile, meet his family and his enemies. The first half of the book spends a lot of time on detailed world-building since the long-lived Faie are so different from the humans. Alec has another mission while in Aurenen – to learn more about who his mother is. Though Alec gets an answer of sorts on that front, it is mainly to lay the groundwork for a future story. Most of the resolution is focused on Seregil, and the ending is intricate and conspiracy-laden. If he had to choose between Aurenen and Skala, where would his loyalties lie?

Overall, though I didn’t find this as exciting as book 2, I enjoyed it very much. The characters grow from their experiences, I love spending time with them, and the plot was interesting with some surprises here and there. Highly recommended series that leaves me anxious for more. ( )
  jshillingford | Feb 14, 2011 |
Lets see, an established relationship between Alec and Seregil, Alec showing his age (19), politics and a far amount of moping. The book was rather drab in terms of action, especially compared to the first two. I am happy to see the characters develop a little more (emphasis on little). If I hadn't read the first two I might not of been very happy with this one. Still, I'll be reading the fourth. ( )
  cat8864 | Jul 27, 2010 |
added by gsc55 | editRainbow Gold Reviews (Nov 10, 2014)

Lynn Flewellingprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Meier, Fraukesecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ruddell, GaryIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sinclair, JamesMap makersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For our folks, Thelma and Win White and Frances Flewelling, for their continuing love and support. I promise I'll write you that serious novel one of these days! Thanks for liking these so much.
The sleet-laden wind buffeted Magyana, whipping wet strands free from the wizard's thick white braid as she trudged across the churned ground of the battlefield.

Seregil and Alec have spent the last two years in self-imposed exile, far from their adopted homeland, Skala, and the bitter memories there. But their time of peace is shattered by a desperate summons from Queen Idrilain, asking them to aid her daughter on a mission to Aurenen, the very land from which Seregil was exiled in his youth

In the sequel to Stalking Darkness, the war continues between Pleminar and Skala, and Alec and Seregil embark on a perilous mission to persuade the people of Aurenen to unite with Skala to end the war, but Alec and Seregil soon find themselves caught in the middle of perilously shifting alliances and betrayal.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,442,433 books! | Top bar: Always visible