Multicooker Perfection: Cook It Fast or Cook It Slow-You Decide

by America's Test Kitchen

59None333,415 (3.2)None
"Multicookers like the Instant Pot are hugely popular, and manufacturers are coming out with new models every year. Yet most recipes are unreliable or are designed to work in only one brand of multicooker--and most often, they use only the pressure cooker setting. America's Test Kitchen set out to make better use of these appealing, set-it-and-forget-it appliances. We've put our rigorous testing process to work developing recipes that conform to your schedule: Make a recipe "fast" using the pressure cooker setting. Or, relax and preparing it "slow" on the slow cook setting if you have the right model (as we show, not every slow cooking function heats properly). We've put every recipe through its paces to make sure it would work across a wide variety of appliances. These crowd-pleasing recipes are perfectly suited to cooking at the touch of a button, from soups and stews like Spicy Moroccan-Style Chicken and Lentil Soup and Hearty Beef Stew with Bacon and Mushrooms, to weeknight-friendly dishes like Lemon Chicken with Potatoes and Spinach and Spaghetti Squash with Fresh Tomato Sauce, to company-worthy meals like Sirloin Beef Roast with Red Wine-Peppercorn Sauce and French-Style Pork Loin with Port and Cherries. You'll also find flavorful and creative side dishes, like Maple and Sage-Glazed Acorn Squash and Parmesan Risotto, as well as some unexpected recipes to really up your game, like limoncello and duck confit. No matter what you decide to make and what setting you choose, you're guaranteed to get foolproof results every time"--… (more)

No reviews

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,484,492 books! | Top bar: Always visible