Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

The Accidental Guardian (High Sierra…

The Accidental Guardian (High Sierra Sweethearts) (edition 2018)

by Mary Connealy (Author)

Member:JboyzMom
Title:The Accidental Guardian (High Sierra Sweethearts)
Authors:Mary Connealy (Author)
Info:Bethany House Publishers (2018), 304 pages
Collections:2018 Reads
Rating:*****

The Accidental Guardian (High Sierra Sweethearts) by Mary Connealy

What on earth did I just read? Rtc ( )
  SarahGraceGrzy | Oct 2, 2018 |
Are you a person would would like to see what an wagon trail is like. Learn about it some what. Well you get glimpses of it though the accidental guardian. You can see what it like to be a survivor of a wagon train.

We find out about Tracy Riley and some of his past. He has to protect not only woman but also two children. They are survivors of the wagon train. We seem to be following more of Deb's story rather then her little sister Gwen and the children. Though maybe in the second book we learn more about the children and Gwen story.

Deb is adventurous and Trace and seem interested in Tracy from the beginning. Trace put Deb in his bed that first night. Is there romance between them or not? ( )
  Lindz2012 | Jul 31, 2018 |
Title: The Accidental Guardian (High Sierra Sweethearts #1)
Author: Mary Connealy
Pages: 304
Year: 2018
Publisher: Bethany House
My rating is 4 out of 5 stars.
This author has a knack for writing that draws readers into her stories from the first page through the last. This book is no exception. It is set near Lake Tahoe in the year 1867. Deb Harkness and her younger sister, Gwen, have joined a wagon train headed to California. They have agreed to look after two young children of a couple traveling on the wagon train in exchange for their passage. While out with the children early one morning, disaster strikes and they are left alone in the wilderness.
Trace Riley is on his way home from his first cattle drive as an owner. He has sent his men on ahead as he travels when he comes upon a devastating scene. He also seems to have gained two women and two young children to protect. He must get them to his ranch before winter sets in or none of them will survive. They make it to his ranch, and he gets them settled in while planning on hunting the men responsible for such evil. He has seen their evil deeds up close and personal as his Pa met the same fate as those of this recent strike. Trace is filled with the need for revenge and justice for the innocent. He and Deb tell each other of their pasts. Trace recounts how he has spent several winters snowed in with a Bible and a few other books as his companions. He has read the Bible many times and phrase keeps coming to mind in his current situation…a voice crying in the wilderness. He hasn’t been around many other people for a long time, especially women and children. How is he going to handle being snowbound with two women and two young children? His thoughts continue to stray to Deb and he wonders if she could feel the same about him. However, he wants to continue to hunt these criminals who are responsible for so much grief. Another wagon train is rumored to be headed his way, but can Trace catch the criminals before they strike again?
I am already looking forward to the second book in the series! I was fully engaged in this story from the get-go and didn’t put it down until I was done. The prose is easy to read, and the characters likeable. Being alone in the wilderness helped God shape Trace into a God-fearing man, one who knows his Scripture. Deb is a courageous young woman, who is thrust into a nightmare on the trail. She adjusts to her situation admirably without complaint and truly appreciates the blessings God gives her. ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | Jun 4, 2018 |
This is a Christian story set in the old west. It is full of wagon trains and cowboys. The story is very interesting. I do not like to give a synopsis, you can read that elsewhere. I want to tell you if you should or should not read this book.

The story is well written. It draws you in from the very beginning and keeps your interest throughout. The characters seem real and feel like someone you might meet or know. They are well developed and believable. The story itself is believable also.

The editing of this book was very well done.

I requested to review this book and was given a copy through the publisher so I could read and review it. The review is my own and of my own free will. Do I recommend this book? Yes, I do. ( )
  grammy57 | May 20, 2018 |
Holy cow! This book was fantastic! I have been a forever fan of Mrs. Connealy's since I read Petticoat Ranch. She is absolutely one of the best Christian Western Romance writers out there and I will forever sing her praises. When I saw she had another series releasing, I was all for jumping on that band wagon (no pun intended!)! Sitting down to read this, I had it read it less than two days, it was just that captivating.

Opening the pages to Deborah's story, watching her try to protect her sister and the young ones was amazing. I could feel myself becoming Deborah, telling her younger sister just what to do to keep them safe. When Ms. Connealy enters Trace into the picture.....well, whew! Not only was I instantly pulled to him, his protective side in a man like him, really made me swoon through out the book! I loved that! Seeing him with Deborah, his caring way toward her, was undeniably God-filled and romantic.

Mrs. Connealy has created yet another keeper for my shelf! She has taken a story of intriguing suspense, wrapped it up with her trade mark swoon-worthy cowboys and sassy heroines, and dished her readers an unforgettable laugh out loud, love story. This book is perfect for that rainy day, or long drive for a summer trip. Don't wait to get this one. Go grab it up now! It's 5 star worthy and so much more! Well done, Mrs. Connealy! Well done!!! I am highly anticipating the release of book 2, The Reluctant Warrior.

*I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher and was under no obligation to post a review, positive or negative.* ( )
  JboyzMom | May 17, 2018 |

Trace Riley has been self-appointed guardian of the trail ever since his own wagon was attacked. When he finds the ruins of a wagon train, he offers shelter to survivor Deborah Harkness and the children she saved. Trace and Deborah grow close working to bring justice to the trail, but what will happen when the attackers return to silence the only witness?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,467,100 books! | Top bar: Always visible