Gone Too Far (Troubleshooters, Book 6) by…

Gone Too Far (Troubleshooters, Book 6) (edition 2004)

by Suzanne Brockmann

Member:spygirl
Title:Gone Too Far (Troubleshooters, Book 6)
Authors:Suzanne Brockmann
Info:Ballantine Books (2004), Mass Market Paperback, 560 pages
Collections:Have read, Your library, ebook, series, Favorites, 2013
Rating:*****
Tags:2013, navy SEALs, romance, action, thriller, sarasota, florida, terrorists, counterterrorism, fbi, procedural, sam, alyssa, jules, mary lou, ihbraham, tom, kelly, max, gina, walt and dot, sam and noah, tuskegee airmen, WASPs, wwii, awesome, troubleshooters, jules cassidy, sam and alyssa

Gone Too Far by Suzanne Brockmann

This book made me so giddy with happiness I would give it 6 stars if I could! (The extra star would be for living up to every one of my hopes and expectations for Alyssa and Sam's story. Rarely is the hope so well fulfilled!)

SPOILERS FROM HERE ON OUT:

Loved the Alyssa and Sam resolution so, so much, and was happily surprised by the bonus Tom/Kelly and Max/Gina storylines. I also enjoyed the flashback storyline, both in the way it continued with the WWII theme from the other Troubleshooter books and in how it supported Sam's backstory. Which was beyond wonderful, as far as I was concerned. After leaving me a little wanting in #5, I was also really happy with how the Mary Lou story evolved--a complete and welcome surprise. I hope we get to see more of her as a secondary character in future books.

Oh, and the brand new Paoletti Security Agency? I am so on board. ( )
  jendoyle2000 | Jan 29, 2015 |
Following on from events in the previous book, Sam Starrett is waiting for the divorce papers from his to-be-ex wife and as he can't get in contact with her he goes looking for her, to find a dead body that looks like her in the house and his daughter missing.

With the help of Alyssa Locke he goes to find them, although they are both breaking orders with this and he is a prime suspect.

There are parts that work well there are also parts that just didn't really gel for me, I found it entertaining and it kept my attention but sometimes the angst got in the way of the flow. Still entertaining and what I was expecting from it. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Nov 19, 2014 |
Lt. Sam Starrett & Alyssa Locke; they finally get together ( )
  Talthor | Dec 31, 2013 |
Sam and Alyssa. Finally. I'm not sure why I love them as a couple. It's all the little things in this book that make it so good. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 13, 2013 |
ereader ebook
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |

Suzanne Brockmannprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hazlett, DeborahReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
First things first.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345456939, Mass Market Paperback)

In her sizzling, award-winning novels of suspense, bestselling author Suzanne Brockmann delves into the adrenaline-rushed world of counter terrorism–and taps into the real passions of its brave men and women. Now in her widely anticipated hardcover debut, she spins a story of action, intrigue, and romance, as a U.S. Navy SEAL and an FBI agent race to unravel a mystery–while confronting their own unresolved feelings for each other. . . .

In his career as one of America’s elite warriors, Lt. Sam Starrett can do no wrong. In his private life, Sam–the king of one night stands–has done little right. Now, he’s waiting for a divorce and determined to stay active in his young daughter’s life. But when Sam shows up at the door of his ex-wife’s home in Sarasota, Florida, he makes a grisly discovery. His daughter is gone and the body of a woman lies brutally murdered on the floor.

FBI agent Alyssa Locke’s relationship with Sam has been overwhelmingly intense and nearly catastrophic, yet it refuses to end. The last time she saw Sam was six months earlier, when they worked together to stop terrorists from assassinating the U.S. President. Much to her dismay, Alyssa is assigned to lead the murder investigation and once again the two are face to face. When explosive information surfaces linking Sam to the still unsolved assassination plot, the stakes are raised. With her reputation hanging in the balance, and her loyalties in question, Alyssa is faced with an impossible dilemma:arrest a man she believes to be innocent, or risk her career.

While Alyssa tries to fight their intense attraction, Sam is determined to heat things up between them once again. And the complex case pushes them both to the wrong side of the law–and on the run to discover the truth. As more agents step into the chase, and with Sam’s daughter still unaccounted for, neither Alyssa nor Sam can predict just how deadly hot this situation is about to become. . . .

A thrilling novel that ranges back into the days of World War II, into friendships, families, liaisons, betrayals, and the code of honor that binds the U.S. Navy SEALs, Gone Too Far is an electrifying experience in suspense–and a brilliant tale of lives lived on the edge.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:57:54 -0400)

After arriving at his ex-wife's home to discover his daughter missing and the body of a murdered woman on the floor, U.S. Navy SEAL Sam Starrett joins forces with FBI agent Alyssa Locke to find a killer.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,563,508 books! | Top bar: Always visible