Wicked deeds on a winter's night by Kresley…

Wicked deeds on a winter's night (edition 2007)

by Kresley Cole

Member:wyvernfriend
Title:Wicked deeds on a winter's night
Authors:Kresley Cole (Author)
Info:London : Simon & Schuster, 2007
Collections:Library Loans, Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:fiction, read

Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night by Kresley Cole

English (40)  German (1)  All languages (41)
I am quickly falling head over heels in love with this series. After this book and the first in the series, I want myself a Lycae. Whew! Those boys are hot. Anyway...this book had so many plot twists and turns I don't even know how the author stayed caught up with it all. It all flowed well though, and it was amazing. This book is my favorite so far, and you definitely need to read it. I am about to start the next one, and I can not wait. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 21, 2014 |
Severed hands, legs, feet, fingers. Good grief, I know these guys are immortal warriors but could we keep the severed limbs to a minimum please. It makes me queasy. It's the only kind of gore that I could go without, everything else including severed heads (I don't know why) is just dandy.

Anyway, it's poor Bowen's turn to find his mate. Oh wait, he all ready found his mate and ran her into an early death. And they only get one. Oh dear. So how can he possibly have a book in a series where mates must be found and claimed? Well, it isn't quite that simple. No, he doesn't get two, that would be too easy.

After losing the Hie, he's devastated he can't go back in time to re-claim his mate before her death and is confused as to why Nucking Futs Nix (hehe) told him he would find his mate by entering this competition.

And it seems he's been ignoring his urges and instincts, which in this instance, goes completely against standard male behaviour. If you find a pretty girl who's the first to drive you absolutely crazy after a couple of hundred years, why hold back? All this talk of loyalty for a dead mate means nothing when you haven't had sex in so long. Men. I will never understand them.

Could she be a reincarnation of his mate? Is he lucky enough to get two? Or is this a trick?

Enjoyable but predictable in places plus the nausea -3.5 stars. ( )
  Cynical_Ames | Sep 23, 2014 |
This is one of my favourite paranormal romance series. I adore the world building and love the characters and the sensualness. (Even if the Scottish dialect drives me up the wall, I talk to Scottish people all the time in my job and never have trouble understanding them, but the written dialect in this series is confusing drives me to distraction).

I almost gave up with this one halfway through. Started off quite good, I adored Mariketa and loved the introduction of witches and their magic into the mix. I was less than impressed with Bowen. I didn't find him the slightest bit sexy or alluring. I found him to be an arrogant asshole.

By the halfway point I despised Bowen so much I was ready to say the hell with this installment and move on to the next. However, my love for Mariketa kept me going.

Bowen will never be my favourite male in this series, but he did improve towards the end. Towards the end the plot picked up again and got pretty damn good. So I'm glad I stuck with it.

Bring on the next one! ( )
  sunset_x_cocktail | Aug 20, 2014 |
When I first read it, I didn't like it and put it down. When I picked it up again, I understood the characters' decisions, and realized they were an excellent pairing. ( )
  aliterarylion | Jul 14, 2014 |
Somehow I missed this book when I was trying to get through this a number of years ago. I didn't know that Bowen MacRieve had gotten his story. This story has some twist and turns that I didn't see coming. Sorry can’t tell you what they are because that would give too much of the ending away. I was glad that Bowen actually found his true mate and that the witch that caused all his grief and guilt was dealt with in a most satisfying way. In the last book Ms. Cole left Bowen in the cave of a fire serpent. This book picks up with Bowen still in the cave and he is more depressed than he has ever been. It was exciting when he finally met his match in Mariketa “Mari” the Awaited. Bowen goes through a good deal of soul searching and he makes a number of mistakes in his courtship of Mari but he keeps trying over and over. He shows that the Lykea are determined and tenacious. I love how he finally comes to the realization that Mari is the most important person in his life. In some ways he has been in a deep fog and when he comes out of he is a new man. Bowen is unrelenting when angered and insatiable when aroused. He is also honorable and compassionate.

Mari is a young witch that has come into her power and is therefore not yet immortal. She enters the Talisman Hie to prove that she can finish something. She has avoid conflict most of her life. She knows that she is destined to lead the witches but she just doesn't see how that is ever going to happen. I enjoy seeing her courage grow. Mari is friendly, loving and a typical young woman in New Orleans. She does have great power but little to no control. Mari is also stubborn and tough. Her one true weakness is that she is deathly afraid of heights. Mari is also passionate, more than a match for Bowen and his Lykea appetites. I like Mari every much.

We get to see more of Lachlain and Emma. It was nice to see that they are doing so well with each other. We also get to hear from Nix and Regin. More from Nix than Regin, since Nix has to help Bowen understand what is going on with Mari. We meet Mari’s best friend Carrow and her mentor is Elianna. We only get a glimpse of Mari’s parents. They have been imprisoned on another plane feeding the enemy of all witches. We get to see more of the Demons and the fey.

Ms. Cole writes a wonderful story with some wonderfully steamy love scenes. She writes some great characters even those that are secondary. This is another wonderful paranormal story. ( )
  LadyIsis | Mar 27, 2014 |

Kresley Coleprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Petkoff, RobertReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gazdag Diana,Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Oder, BettinaÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to the warm, witty, and amazing Beth Kendrick, because we're good enough friends to say, "Isn't it about time you dedicated a book to me?" and "How about that book dedication?"
It wants to mark my flesh. . . .

A brutal Highland werewolf. An exquisite young witch.
Immortal enemies … forbidden temptations.
Her breathless kiss haunts him.

Bowen MacRieve of the Lykae clan was nearly destroyed when he lost the one woman meant for him. The ruthless warrior grew even colder, never taking another to his bed—until a smoldering encounter with his enemy, Mariketa the Awaited, reawakens his darkest desires. When sinister forces unite against her, the Highlander finds himself using all his strength and skill to keep her alive.
His slow, hot touch is irresistible.

Temporarily stripped of her powers, Mari is forced to take refuge with her sworn adversary. It’s rumored that no one can tempt Bowen’s hardened heart, but soon passion burns between them. Though a future together is impossible, she fears he has no intention of letting her go.
No deed is too wicked for her seduction.

If they defeat the evil that surrounds them, can Mari deny Bowen when he demands her body and soul—or will she risk everything for her fierce protector?

Grieving over the loss of his love, werewolf Bowen MacRieve enjoys a passionate encounter with his enemy, the witch Mariketa the Awaited, but when sinister forces threaten her life, Bowen must use all his skills to keep her alive.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,369,441 books! | Top bar: Always visible