Wicked deeds on a winter's night by Kresley…

Wicked deeds on a winter's night (edition 2007)

by Kresley Cole

Member:wyvernfriend
Title:Wicked deeds on a winter's night
Authors:Kresley Cole (Author)
Info:London : Simon & Schuster, 2007
Collections:Library Loans, Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:fiction, read

Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night by Kresley Cole

Recently added byprivate library, pnwbookgirl, aoifekerr, TheYodamom, GanneC

English (45)  German (1)  All languages (46)
I liked the fact that the heroine didn't immediately cave in to the whole "you're my mate" thing, but hated it because it was due to her own insecurities. She at least got to grow into her powers before growing into her relationship fully. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Bowe one seriously guilt ridden werewolf and Mariketa an insecure twitchy mortal witch bump heads and tear at each other throughout the whole book. He hates witches, she mistrusts everything about him. He is grieving over a love lost years ago, which he may have caused. She grieves her family, a lost love and doubts her self. Two wrongs that somehow are drawn together.
When he is sent to retrieve her from the horror that he left her in during the race. His only desire is to have her end the curses she placed on him. When he finds what she lived through and that she is alive his insides shift and he can't let her far from him. Her damage is great, the nightmares remain in her heart. She slowly recovers, and learns of her magic. There are many awakening moments for both of them with one big slap in the face for Bowe.
It was an exciting chase with a dark twist that just didn't grab me like the previous book. Mariketa, just was too insecure, for my taste. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
I am quickly falling head over heels in love with this series. After this book and the first in the series, I want myself a Lycae. Whew! Those boys are hot. Anyway...this book had so many plot twists and turns I don't even know how the author stayed caught up with it all. It all flowed well though, and it was amazing. This book is my favorite so far, and you definitely need to read it. I am about to start the next one, and I can not wait. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 12, 2015 |
Why are there odd breaks in the writing? I kept expecting time jumps or a transfer to other characters. Instead, the story continued as if the break wasn't there. Weird. Other then that, the book was very enjoyable. I can't really relate to an old-as-dirt werewolf, but Mariketa is beautifully crafted from a current generation with all the quirks and curiosities contained therein. The writing contains a subtle sarcasm that had me laughing, which in turn elicited many an odd expression from my family. I love the combination of myriad myths all thrown together under the umbrella of the Lore. Many of these creatures are commonly written about, but Cole brings in many others that are not commonly touched on in modern fiction, such as the Valkyrie. A very enjoyable read all around. ( )
  ERose207 | Oct 25, 2015 |
Bowen MacRieve and Mariketa the Awaited meet in the battle for the Talisman’s Hie, standing in front of a temple. The assignment for this round: to get a sacrificial headdress, hidden somewhere in this temple. They search together in the temple, since there are already 4 other contestants looking for the headdresses in the temple. Soon the sexual tension between them increases and explodes in a make out session on a grave. Bowen however jumps back before things can go out of hands. He doesn’t want to betray his dead mate…

Werewolves only long for their mates, so Bowen is convinced that Mari has put a spell on him. Otherwise he wouldn’t do a thing to betray his dead mate, especially not with witches! To prevent this from happening again he closes the entrance to the temple and locks here and the other players in, not knowing that a bunch of succubi were confined in the cave and that nobody has the power to reopen it.

Bowen doesn’t do that well either. Just before closing the exit, Mari curses him by taking his immortality, which makes him unable to heal his wounds. In the end he looses the game because of this and with it his chance to rescue his lost mate, leaving him deadly wounded. Fortunately Lachlain manages to save him just in time.

When raging Valkyrie and witches knock on his door he discovers that Mari hasn’t been able to escape from the temple and unlike what he thought is still a moral and can’t go without food and water. She’s also the only one who can undo the curse passed on him and give him back his mortality. Bowen is also convinced that Mari put another spell on him, one that makes him think that she’s his mate. Will Bowen be able to reverse to regain his immortality on time and save Mari? Did she put another curse on him or is she his mate reincarnated? If that’s the case, will she be able to forgive him for what he did to her?

I postponed reading this book. Main reason: I wanted to read about Valkyries! Just like the other books in the series! Not about another witch and werewolf couple. Of course after reading the book, I regret it… It was as amazing as the other books in this series! How could I be so stupid, again??

Anyway, at last I was able to dive again in the amazing word Kresley Kole created, with all her paranormal creatures (still amazed that humans don’t know what’s happening right before their eyes )! Since it’s been a while that I read a book in this series (my fault, I know ), it took me a while before I remembered what happened in the other books. After I figured it out, it was a great book to read!

It took a little longer than I expected before Mari and Bowen became a couple. Okay when someone locks you in a cave with succubi who hurt you and make you drink their blood, I also wouldn’t be to keen on forgiving that person. Still, I thought Bowen had a good reason for his belated rescue and he didn’t even know she was a mortal and didn’t have the power to blow away the rock. Okay he shouldn’t have locked them up in the first place, but he thought it would be easy for her to remove the stone. Therefore I was rooting for him, although he could get some lessons in courting someone…

Overall rating 4 hearts. As I said, it’s a great sequel in this amazing series and it was a great feast to read it. After reading it, reading the title again made me laugh, since there’s a big contrast between a cold winter’s night and the “hot” scenes in the jungle, where this book takes place. I Look forward to the next installment in this phenomenal series! ( )
  CarpeLibra | Aug 16, 2015 |

Kresley Coleprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Petkoff, RobertReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gazdag Diana,Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Oder, BettinaÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to the warm, witty, and amazing Beth Kendrick, because we're good enough friends to say, "Isn't it about time you dedicated a book to me?" and "How about that book dedication?"
It wants to mark my flesh. . . .

A brutal Highland werewolf. An exquisite young witch.
Immortal enemies … forbidden temptations.
Her breathless kiss haunts him.

Bowen MacRieve of the Lykae clan was nearly destroyed when he lost the one woman meant for him. The ruthless warrior grew even colder, never taking another to his bed—until a smoldering encounter with his enemy, Mariketa the Awaited, reawakens his darkest desires. When sinister forces unite against her, the Highlander finds himself using all his strength and skill to keep her alive.
His slow, hot touch is irresistible.

Temporarily stripped of her powers, Mari is forced to take refuge with her sworn adversary. It’s rumored that no one can tempt Bowen’s hardened heart, but soon passion burns between them. Though a future together is impossible, she fears he has no intention of letting her go.
No deed is too wicked for her seduction.

If they defeat the evil that surrounds them, can Mari deny Bowen when he demands her body and soul—or will she risk everything for her fierce protector?

Grieving over the loss of his love, werewolf Bowen MacRieve enjoys a passionate encounter with his enemy, the witch Mariketa the Awaited, but when sinister forces threaten her life, Bowen must use all his skills to keep her alive.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,235,027 books! | Top bar: Always visible