Out of Control (Troubleshooters, Book 4) by…

Out of Control (Troubleshooters, Book 4)

by Suzanne Brockmann

Series: Troubleshooters (4)

7672018,244 (4.09)17

Hmm, there were things that I actually really liked, but there were some others that really annoyed me. One of them was the relationship between Ken and Savannah; there was a little too much of the lovey dovey touch with the 'I never felt this way about anybody ever' and then came all the freaking groveling after Ken finds out what Savannah did and she just thinks her world is about to end. And who the hell thinks that a freaking Navy SEAL doesn't know how to defend himself? Duh! The ending was a little better for them.

Now on to the good part, which was the whole rest of the book. My favorite plot was the one with Molly and Jones. They were hot, had this amazing chemistry and their relationship kept progressing at a more sedate pace then the main one. Despite having some pretty dark backgrounds, they managed to become pretty great people.

Starrett's and Alyssa's storyline keeps breaking my heart, but now I believe that things are looking up for her and about to get not so good and comfy for Sam.

Rose was AWESOME! I loved reading about her and her incredible journey and the fact that every character in the book had one thing in common at all times: her book. Great touch.

All in all, I give it 3.5 stars. ;) ( )
  msralways | Apr 20, 2017 |
Ken and Savannah leap off the page from the first sentence. The story is fast paced and emotionally satisfying. The secondary romance, that of Savannah's grandparents, is well written and engaging. One of Brockmann's best. ( )
  rolsjunie | Jan 31, 2017 |
I found this interwoven four romances a compelling read. It kept me reading and kept me interested.

Savanna van Hopf remembers that a man she knew can help her rescue her uncle Alexander who has been kidnapped in Indonesia. Ken "WildCard" Karmody who falls for her hard, not realising that this woman he's resucing from a flat tire is in fact looking for a favour.

Interwoven into this story is the story of Savannah's grandmothers love story with her husband, which involves spying and world war II; there's also the story of Molly and a pilot she fancies who are in a jungle village in Indonesia and a tragic story of a love between a Navy SEAL and an FBI agent.

It's an interesting story, with fun twists that make it very readable for me and the admiration of Ken for Savannah's bravery is touching. You can see how these people care for each other and want the best for each other. People make choices and care what the results are. The author made me care about the characters. ( )
1 vote wyvernfriend | Mar 6, 2014 |
Karmody and Savannah. Molly and Grady. There's something about this book that cracks me up. Maybe it's Karmody's attitude. This book doesn't seem to interlock with the rest of the series nearly as much as the first three books. Molly and Grady are fantastic together. ( )
1 vote lesmel | Jul 13, 2013 |
ereader ebook
1 vote | romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |

Suzanne Brockmannprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lana, NormaReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For the brave men and women who fought for freedom during the Second World War. My most sincere and humble thanks.
At about 0530 that very morning, Ken "WildCard" Karmody became a terrorist.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0804119716, Mass Market Paperback)

Bestselling author Suzanne Brockmann knows how to push the limits of romantic suspense to new, breathtaking heights. Potent, gripping, and explosive, OUT OF CONTROL is a roller coaster ride of a novel– as a single act of loyalty becomes a desperate struggle for survival. . . .

Savannah von Hopf has no choice. To save her uncle’s life, she goes in search of Ken “WildCard” Karmody, a guy she barely knew in college who is now a military operative. She must convince him to help her deliver a cache of ransom money into the hands of terrorists halfway around the world. What she doesn’t expect is to end up in WildCard’s arms before she can even ask for his help.

WildCard has always had a soft spot for beautiful women. But when he discovers Savannah’s hidden agenda, he is determined to end the affair. But Savannah is bound for Indonesia with or without his protection, and he can’t just walk away. When her plan goes horribly wrong, they are trapped in the forsaken jungle of a hostile country, stalked by a lethal enemy. As time is running out, they scramble to escape, risking their lives to stop a nightmare from spinning even further out of control. . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:23 -0400)

After learning that her uncle Alex is being held for a two hundred fifty thousand dollar ransom in Indonesia, Savannah von Hopf sets out to rescue him, but first she has to stop in San Diego to pick up Navy SEAL Ken Karmody.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,720,839 books! | Top bar: Always visible