Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens

Where the Crawdads Sing (original 2018; edition 2018)

by Delia Owens (Author)

Member:hejmarguerite
Title:Where the Crawdads Sing
Authors:Delia Owens (Author)
Info:G.P. Putnam's Sons (2018), Edition: First Edition, First Printing, 384 pages
Tags:to-read

Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens (2018)

A Girl of the Limberlost by Gene Stratton-Porter (gypsysmom)
    To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (BookshelfMonstrosity)
    BookshelfMonstrosity: Though much about these novels is dissimilar, both offer a historical Southern setting and a farcical trial that illuminates the small-minded nature of a town's inhabitants. Both atmospheric novels also feature young female protagonists who come of age under challenging circumstances.… (more)
    Educated: A Memoir by Tara Westover (kristenl)
    The Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy (SubrbnMom)
    The Great Alone: A Novel by Kristin Hannah (akblanchard)
    akblanchard: Girls come of age in the wilderness.
    Let's No One Get Hurt by Jon Pineda (BookshelfMonstrosity)
    BookshelfMonstrosity: Both coming of age stories are character driven and center on young women living on the outskirts of society. Vivid imagery of locales in the southern United States feature prominently.
    The Stranger in the Woods: The Extraordinary Story of the Last True Hermit by Michael Finkel (kristenl)
    A Drop in the Ocean: A Novel by Jenni Ogden (rainpebble)

English (106)  Dutch (1)  All languages (107)
Soooo good. Well-written. Excellent mystery. Fascinating science. ( )
  bereanna | Jun 15, 2019 |
This book was outstanding. I had so many emotions running through my mind - it broke my heart, made me angry, made me think and taught me many things. I also discovered that a book can absolutely bring tears to your eyes. What a story. ( )
  deb.d | Jun 13, 2019 |
  deb.d | Jun 13, 2019 |
This book blew me away. At first I wasn't sure if I was going to get into it but soon enough I found myself enthralled with the marsh girl. I had to know how her life turned out. I was captivated to say the least and this is my go to book when people are looking for recommendations. ( )
  cschooley | Jun 11, 2019 |
This was a nice, solid, easy to read book with a good plot and a few unique characters. And I liked it. What I don't understand is how this book has become the hottest thing since sliced bread. I kept waiting for some unique twist or plot and something else that would make this book different. But it was just a plain old regular book. There are a lot of books out there like this and sometimes I think it's just luck for a book to hit it big. ( )
  kayanelson | Jun 11, 2019 |

I knowed ya
I loved ya,
Forever.
Marsh is not swamp.
Crows can't keep secrets any better than mud; once they see something curious in the forest they have to tell everybody.
"There are some who can live without wild things, and some who cannot."

For years, rumors of the "Marsh Girl" have haunted Barkley Cove, a quiet town on the North Carolina coast. So in late 1969, when handsome Chase Andrews is found dead, the locals immediately suspect Kya Clark, the so-called Marsh Girl. But Kya is not what they say. Sensitive and intelligent, she has survived for years alone in the marsh that she calls home, finding friends in the gulls and lessons in the sand. Then the time comes when she yearns to be touched and loved. When two young men from town become intrigued by her wild beauty, Kya opens herself to a new life - until the unthinkable happens.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,493,595 books! | Top bar: Always visible