De Verlosser by Jo Nesbo

Title:De Verlosser
Authors:Jo Nesbo
Info:
Tags:thriller, harry hole

The Redeemer by Jo Nesbo (2005)

English (42)  Norwegian (2)  Swedish (1)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  Icelandic (1)  German (1)  All languages (49)
Another great Harry Hole mystery, what can I say. I always wish Harry Zhole mysteries wouldn't end! ( )
  KarenHerndon | Oct 7, 2014 |
READ IN DUTCH

This was the first book I read by Jo Nesbø and I enjoyed it. It reminded me to the Wallander-series by Henning Mankell. Both have a main character who isn't without problems or thinks life isn't difficult sometimes. The story was nice to read, the writing style was good as well. I didn't gues the end of the story till I got there, so it still was a surprise for me. (Which in my opinion is very good. How many books have I read while knowing the end after some pages...) It made me curious to the other books by Jo Nesbø, and I have already read Marekors, but am still planning to read more of his books... ( )
  Floratina | Sep 25, 2014 |
READ IN DUTCH

Floratina | Sep 21, 2014 |
A professional killer shoots a member of the Salvation Army during a concert and Harry Hole has to search the lower echelons of Oslo to figure out who could have it out for a soldier of God. Other than the usual Nesbø-quirk where it sometimes takes some work figuring out who is the topic of a scene, this is a great mystery; it's well-plotted, suspenseful, full of great characters, and the stakes are high for everyone involved. If you like twisty mysteries, Harry Hole is your guy, but I'd recommend reading them in the original publication order or things will get a little confusing at times. ( )
  -Eva- | Apr 29, 2014 |
Two words that can be use to describe my feelings after reading Jo Nesbø's The Redeemer:

Mind. Blown.

Honestly, The Redeemer was too much. It was incredible. The way that that Nesbø described and connected the various threads to form an amazing literary tapestry was amazing! The Redeemer starts off with the rape of a 14 year-old girl in the early 1990s in one of Norway's Salvation Army camps. It flashes forward to 2003, when the present story takes place, where a newly sober and single Det. Harry Hole is investigating the death of an officer who was part of Norway's Salvation Army.

Could these events be related?

Duh. This is a Nesbø novel. Nothing in them is ever filler. Even the few pit stops in Croatia detailing the assassin's life up until to they find their target was important in the grander scheme of the narrative.

I was really impressed with this novel because, for all intents and purposes, I should have been über confused. There was so much going on but everything but everything was explained in a matter of fact manner. I haven't admire Harry Hole more though. It was nice to see him not succumb, completely, to his uncontrollable alcoholism. He was in rare fighting with all of his synapses firing. ( )
  Y2Ash | Apr 16, 2014 |

Olaisen, PerTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Puleo. GiorgioTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vroom, Annelies deTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Zimnicka, IwonaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Who is this that comes from Edom, coming from Bozrah, his garments stained crimson? Who is this, in glorious apparel, marching in the greatness of his strength? 'It is I, who announce that right has won the day, it is I,' says the Lord, 'for I am mighty to save.'
Isaiah, 63:1
Hän oli neljätoistavuotias ja varma siitä, että jos hän puristaisi silmät tiukasti kiinnni ja keskittyisi, hän pystyisi näkemään tähdet katon läpi.
She was fourteen years old and sure that if she shut her eyes tight and concentrated she could see the stars through the roof.
Original title: Frelseren

As Christmas approaches, Detective Harry Hole investigates the murder of a Salvation Army singer, who turns out to have been shot by mistake.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,361,826 books! | Top bar: Always visible