De Verlosser by Jo Nesbo

by Jo Nesbo

Title:De Verlosser
Authors:Jo Nesbo
Tags:thriller, harry hole

The Redeemer by Jo Nesbo (2005)

English (54)  German (3)  Norwegian (2)  French (2)  Dutch (1)  Icelandic (1)  Swedish (1)  All languages (64)
Nesbo is up to his usual standard of interesting characters, unpredictable plot, bizarre killings and multiple surprise endings. In addition he creates characters you love to hate, hate to love and who all have traits, strengths and frailties that make them so human. ( )
  Hanneri | Sep 23, 2016 |
(Forgive me, Norwegians. I put it on my Goodreads Sweden shelf. I don't have a Norway shelf.)
Now for the book: Cold. People are freezing. Icy fog everywhere. Thin coats. Forgotten longies. Murder, shootings, stabbings. And rapes and beatings. Salvation Army crooks. Nice watches. Junkies. Immigrant abuse. Right wing police cells. and Harry Hole stops fighting his boss.

The plot exhausts itself and the reader too about page 300. But you brave on.

You realize you never want to visit Norway. That's OK.

kerns222 | Aug 24, 2016 |
As thrillers go, Jo Nesbø's novels are mostly excellent, impossible to put down if you have started to read. The Redeemer is no exception, well written, a great and innovative plot, interesting backdrop in the Salvation Army, characters with many faces (this time even literally...). Nesbø knows how to hook the reader, and most of the story is highly believable and feels well researched. My only objection is part of the dialogue for some of the characters, a bit one-dimensional and literary, like the psychologist, Skarre and the commander in the army. But don't let that stop you from a very good read. ( )
  petterw | Jul 10, 2016 |
בזבוז זמן מוחלט, אבל הוא יודע לכתוב נסבו​ ( )
  amoskovacs | Jun 27, 2016 |

This was the first book I read by Jo Nesbø and I enjoyed it. It reminded me to the Wallander-series by Henning Mankell. Both have a main character who isn't without problems or thinks life isn't difficult sometimes. The story was nice to read, the writing style was good as well. I didn't gues the end of the story till I got there, so it still was a surprise for me. (Which in my opinion is very good. How many books have I read while knowing the end after some pages...) It made me curious to the other books by Jo Nesbø, and I have already read Marekors, but am still planning to read more of his books... ( )
  Floratina | May 26, 2016 |

Olaisen, PerTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Puleo. GiorgioTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vroom, Annelies deTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Zimnicka, IwonaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Who is this that comes from Edom, coming from Bozrah, his garments stained crimson? Who is this, in glorious apparel, marching in the greatness of his strength? 'It is I, who announce that right has won the day, it is I,' says the Lord, 'for I am mighty to save.'
Isaiah, 63:1
Hän oli neljätoistavuotias ja varma siitä, että jos hän puristaisi silmät tiukasti kiinnni ja keskittyisi, hän pystyisi näkemään tähdet katon läpi.
She was fourteen years old and sure that if she shut her eyes tight and concentrated she could see the stars through the roof.
Original title: Frelseren

As Christmas approaches, Detective Harry Hole investigates the murder of a Salvation Army singer, who turns out to have been shot by mistake.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,723,484 books! | Top bar: Always visible