HomeGroupsTalkZeitgeist
Hide this

Results from Google Books

Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.

De Verlosser by Jo Nesbo
Loading...

De Verlosser (2005)

by Jo Nesbo

MembersReviewsPopularityAverage ratingMentions
1,421505,316 (4)100
Member:dendast
Title:De Verlosser
Authors:Jo Nesbo
Info:
Collections:Your library
Rating:****
Tags:thriller, harry hole

Work details

The Redeemer by Jo Nesbo (2005)

Recently added byCKVan, mattgalletta, dgooler, private library, hpl83332, Fletchita140, JockeE, FicusFan, olemoni3, Xirxe

None.

Loading...

Sign up for LibraryThing to find out whether you'll like this book.

No current Talk conversations about this book.

» See also 100 mentions

English (42)  Norwegian (2)  German (2)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  Icelandic (1)  Swedish (1)  All languages (50)
Showing 1-5 of 42 (next | show all)
Kurz vor Weihnachten wird ein Mitglied der Heilsarmee mitten in Oslo auf offener Strasse erschossen. Es gibt keinerlei Hinweise oder Indizien, wer der Täter ist oder warum diese Person ermordet wurde. Doch kurz danach wird klar, dass der Täter das falsche Opfer ausgewählt hatte, denn auf ein weiteres Mitglied der Heilsarmee wird mit derselben Waffe ein Anschlag verübt. Die Spuren führen zuerst nach Zagreb, doch von dort wieder zurück nach Oslo und man beginnt zu ahnen, dass auch in der Heilsarmee nicht alles eitel Sonnenschein zu sein scheint.
Harry Hole, Kriminalhauptkommissar, der die Trennung von Rakel, seiner großen Liebe, und deren Sohn Oleg nur mühsam zu verkraften schien, scheint dennoch langsam darüber hinweg zu kommen, ohne erneut dem Alkohol zu verfallen. Doch neue Unannehmlichkeiten sind im Anmarsch: Sein alter Chef Bjarne Mᴓller, der oft genug seine schützende Hand über Harry gehalten hat, wird nach Bergen versetzt und sein neuer Vorgesetzter, Gunnar Hagen, scheint ihm nicht allzu wohlgesonnen zu sein. Doch Harry kommt erstaunlich gut klar, was wohl auch an dem etwas tiefergehenden Flirt mit einer der Frauen aus der Heilsarmee zu liegen scheint.
'Der Erlöser' ist spannend wie alle bisherigen Harry Hole-Bücher mit einem erstaunlich stabilen Protagonisten, was seine Fans sicherlich freuen wird. Ebenso wie zuvor werden in diesem Band aktuelle gesellschaftliche Problemsituationen miteingeflochten, wenn auch nicht in der gewohnten Ausführlichkeit. Dennoch: Nichts scheint zu weit hergeholt, die Zusammenhänge wirken plausibel und glaubwürdig und auch das Ende um den Erlöser löst beim Lesenden eher Verständnis als Kopfschütteln aus. Jo Nesbᴓ ist mit dem neuen Band um seinen Helden wiederum ein wirklich gelungener Thriller geglückt und ich freue mich bereits auf das nächste noch zu lesende Buch. ( )
  Xirxe | Dec 2, 2014 |
Another great Harry Hole mystery, what can I say. I always wish Harry Zhole mysteries wouldn't end! ( )
  KarenHerndon | Oct 7, 2014 |
READ IN DUTCH

This was the first book I read by Jo Nesbø and I enjoyed it. It reminded me to the Wallander-series by Henning Mankell. Both have a main character who isn't without problems or thinks life isn't difficult sometimes. The story was nice to read, the writing style was good as well. I didn't gues the end of the story till I got there, so it still was a surprise for me. (Which in my opinion is very good. How many books have I read while knowing the end after some pages...) It made me curious to the other books by Jo Nesbø, and I have already read Marekors, but am still planning to read more of his books... ( )
  Floratina | Sep 25, 2014 |
READ IN DUTCH

This was the first book I read by Jo Nesbø and I enjoyed it. It reminded me to the Wallander-series by Henning Mankell. Both have a main character who isn't without problems or thinks life isn't difficult sometimes. The story was nice to read, the writing style was good as well. I didn't gues the end of the story till I got there, so it still was a surprise for me. (Which in my opinion is very good. How many books have I read while knowing the end after some pages...) It made me curious to the other books by Jo Nesbø, and I have already read Marekors, but am still planning to read more of his books... ( )
  Floratina | Sep 21, 2014 |
A professional killer shoots a member of the Salvation Army during a concert and Harry Hole has to search the lower echelons of Oslo to figure out who could have it out for a soldier of God. Other than the usual Nesbø-quirk where it sometimes takes some work figuring out who is the topic of a scene, this is a great mystery; it's well-plotted, suspenseful, full of great characters, and the stakes are high for everyone involved. If you like twisty mysteries, Harry Hole is your guy, but I'd recommend reading them in the original publication order or things will get a little confusing at times. ( )
  -Eva- | Apr 29, 2014 |
Showing 1-5 of 42 (next | show all)
no reviews | add a review

» Add other authors (4 possible)

Author nameRoleType of authorWork?Status
Jo Nesboprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Andersen, Allan HiltonTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Bartlett, DonTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Bartulović, MislavTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Berntsen, AdaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Edit, PetrikovicsTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Font i Mateu, LaiaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Fouillet, AlexTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Frauenlob, GüntherTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Krištůfková, KateřinaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Menna, OutiTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Montes Cano, CarmenTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Olaisen, PerTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Puleo. GiorgioTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vroom, Annelies deTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Zimnicka, IwonaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
You must log in to edit Common Knowledge data.
For more help see the Common Knowledge help page.
Series (with order)
Canonical title
Original title
Alternative titles
Original publication date
People/Characters
Important places
Important events
Related movies
Awards and honors
Epigraph
Who is this that comes from Edom, coming from Bozrah, his garments stained crimson? Who is this, in glorious apparel, marching in the greatness of his strength? 'It is I, who announce that right has won the day, it is I,' says the Lord, 'for I am mighty to save.'
Isaiah, 63:1
Dedication
First words
Hän oli neljätoistavuotias ja varma siitä, että jos hän puristaisi silmät tiukasti kiinnni ja keskittyisi, hän pystyisi näkemään tähdet katon läpi.
She was fourteen years old and sure that if she shut her eyes tight and concentrated she could see the stars through the roof.
Quotations
Last words
(Click to show. Warning: May contain spoilers.)
Disambiguation notice
Original title: Frelseren
Publisher's editors
Blurbers
Publisher series
Information from the Catalan Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
Original language

References to this work on external resources.

Wikipedia in English

None

Book description
Haiku summary

No descriptions found.

As Christmas approaches, Detective Harry Hole investigates the murder of a Salvation Army singer, who turns out to have been shot by mistake.

(summary from another edition)

» see all 11 descriptions

Quick Links

Swap Ebooks Audio
16 avail.
479 wanted
9 pay5 pay

Popular covers

Rating

Average: (4)
0.5
1 4
1.5 1
2 5
2.5 1
3 42
3.5 34
4 193
4.5 27
5 70

Audible.com

An edition of this book was published by Audible.com.

See editions

Is this you?

Become a LibraryThing Author.

 

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,362,204 books! | Top bar: Always visible