The Clockmaker's Daughter by Kate Morton

The Clockmaker's Daughter (2018)

by Kate Morton

English (47)  German (1)  All languages (48)
Really enjoyed the book but the ending was a little disappointing ( )
  suedutton | Mar 25, 2019 |
i love everything Kate Morton writes.... except this one. I just could not follow all of the plot lines very clearly and was not really compelled to get to the end to see how all of the stories intersected. If you are a fan of her work, this one might disappoint. ( )
  sbenne3 | Mar 10, 2019 |
The story of a house and the family that owned it over 150 year span. Unfortunately the flipping from member to member over that time period left me confused and I wasn't always sure what decade I was in and who was speaking. The ending also left me unsatisfied because several life stories had no ending. ( )
  book58lover | Mar 5, 2019 |
This is the first book I have read by this author. I had heard about her books from a reading group I belong to on yahoogroups but had never read any of her books. I got this one from the library to read and see if I liked her books. What a wonderful book. It is all about a mystery that happened in the 1860's and some artifacts are discovered by a present day archivist while at work. The story is captivating and I could not put the book down. The writing is really wonderful and the story draws you in from the first page. I really identified with all the characters and really enjoyed the story even though it was sad. Highly recommend this book. Now I plan to read the House at Riverton next which I have also gotten from the library. ( )
  CrystalToller | Mar 5, 2019 |
This is a mystery that bounces back and forth in time covering the lives of different women connected by a place. I am afraid it takes more concentration than I gave it, so I was confused sometimes about which character was being featured. I did like the characters, setting, and story,, but it was too complex for my brain at the time. ( )
1 vote DrApple | Mar 4, 2019 |
Für Didee, weil sie eine von den Müttern ist, die uns ein Leben auf dem Gipfel des Berges hat führen lassen, und weil sie mir den besten Rat für das Schreeben gegeben hat, den ich je bekommen habe.
Wir waren auch Birchwood Manor gekommen, weil Edward gesagt hast, dort spuke es.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,534,707 books! | Top bar: Always visible