Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

Rumi: Whispers of the Beloved by Maryam Mafi

Rumi: Whispers of the Beloved

by Maryam Mafi

It's a beautifully done collection and is very thought-provoking. Sufi mysticism hinging on a very romantic love of God, and something I've always been fascinated with. I think some facets of Hinduism are similar, at least when I hear devotional songs for Krishna, they remind me of sensual Ghazals I've also heard.

I'll have to keep flipping through this to absorb it all. I'm also partial to looking at it literally as well, but the mention of finding love within oneself is most tantalizing. There's so much to get out of these quatrains. ( )
  knotbox | Jun 15, 2016 |
In this breathtaking collection, readers are introduced to the quatrains, the shorter poems that encapsulate Rumi's timeless appeal.

About the Author:

Maryam Mafi is an experienced Persian translator who studied in the US and has translated a variety of scholarly and poetic works. She is now based in London. Melita Kolin is a poet, musician and an artist based in Hampstead, London.
  Saraswati_Library | Mar 5, 2010 |

In this breathtaking new collection, readers are introduced to the quatrains, the shorter poems that encapsulate Rumi's timeless appeal.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:35 -0400)

A breathtaking new collection of translations of poems by Rumi, one of the world's most loved mystical teachers. Beautifully illustrated with Persian calligraphy, this is an ideal ebook for every MBS reader. Jalal-uddin Rumi was born in what is now Afghanistan in 1207. His poetry has inspired generations of spiritual seekers, both from his own Sufi school and well beyond. His poems speak to the seeker and the lover in all of us. In recent years, interest in Rumi has skyrocketed, with perrfomances, CDs by Deepak Chopra, and filmed versions of his life all in the work. In these beautiful, simple new translations - 100 in all - his timeless appeal is obvious.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,430,833 books! | Top bar: Always visible