Red Lily by Nora Roberts

Red Lily (2005)

by Nora Roberts

Recently added byrena75, Ritianne, RobinDorsey, tejones

English (28)  Portuguese (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (30)
While I found this book to be a little more romance heavy then the other two before it I really enjoyed them uncovering the mystery of Amelia and Haley and Harper joining and I love love love little Lily!
5 out of 5 stars ( )
  ReadingwithLynn | Sep 25, 2018 |
Romances are not my favorite or even second favorite genre but my mother had the book and she said I should try it. You know you should do what your mother says...right? It wasn't a terrible book or even a bad book...it just wasn't my type of book. I did find parts of it that caught and held my interest. The last part of the book seemed to ramble a bit...or in all fairness it could have just been me. Overall it was an entertaining read but if I hadn't needed a book that fit a category for a challenge I probably wouldn't have pick this up..but isn't that the whole point of a challenge? ( )
  Carol420 | Nov 16, 2017 |
The final In the Garden book did not disappoint in the least bit. I loved Harper and Hayley getting together it was a fantastic story. And baby Lily is just so sweet. I was avidly interested in every bit of the gardening that was described as well. Nora Roberts sure made it sound really amazing and kind of made me want to work in a nursery (lol). The final wrap up to Amelia as well with an amazing conclusion. I only wish there were more In the Garden books! ( )
  SweetLiar | May 5, 2016 |
Very satisfying conclusion to the In the Garden Trilogy. ( )
  soosthemoose | Mar 1, 2016 |
This 3rd book of the "In the Garden" trilogy was definitely my favourite of the three. I really liked the characters of Hayley, Harper, and Lily (Hayley's daughter). Reading about the development of their relationship was fun. The mystery of the "Amelia", Harper Bride, was resolved too. I don't mind a little paranormal in a story, and this one definitely had it, but it worked perfectly with the plot. It was a fast, enjoyable read - another winner from Nora Roberts. ( )
  MelAnnC | Feb 28, 2016 |
This trilogy has built to a magnificent crescendo that doesn't disappoint. The characters in this multibook drama are real and rational, even if they are facing unreal circumstances. Pitch-perfect Roberts!

Le greffage et l'écussonnage impliquent de réunir deux plants différents afin qu'ils fonctionnent comme un seul, créant ainsi une nouvelle plante saine et forte, qui ne conserve que les meilleures caractéristiques des deux parents.
American Horticuture Society, sur la multiplication des plantes
La jeunesse se fane,
L'amour s'étiole, les feuilles de l'amitié tombent,
L'espoir secret d'une mère survit à tout.
Oliver Wendell Holmes
Grafting and budding involve joining two separate plants so that they function as one, creating a strong, healthy plant that has only the heat characteristics as its two parents. -- American Horticulture Society, Plant Propagation
Youth fades, love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother's secret hope outlives them all. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes
To Kayla, child of my child, and all those lights who've yet to shine when this was written.
She was desperate, destitute, and demented.
Grafting and budding involve joining two separate plants so that they function as one, creating a strong, healthy plant that has only the best characteristics as its two parents. - American Horticulture Society Plant Propagation.
Youth fades; love droops, the leaves of friendship fall; a mother's secret hope outlives them all. - Oliver Wendell Holmes.

A Harper has always lived at Harper House, the centuries-old mansion just outside of Memphis. And for as long as anyone alive remembers, the ghostly Harper Bride has walked the halls, singing lullabies at night . . . Hayley Phillips came to Memphis hoping for a new start, for herself and her unborn child. She wasn't looking for a handout from her distant cousin Roz, just a job at her thriving In the Garden nursery. What she found was a home surrounded by beauty and the best friends she's ever had - including Roz's son Harper. To Hayley's delight, her new daughter Lily has really taken to him. To Hayley's chagrin, she has begun to dream about Harper - as much more than a friend . . . If Hayley gives in to her desire, she's afraid the foundation she's built with Harper will come tumbling down. Especially since she's begun to suspect that her feelings are no longer completely her own. Flashes of the past and erratic behavior make Hayley believe that the Harper Bride has found a way inside of her mind and body. It's time to put the Bride to rest once and for all, so Hayley can know her own heart again - and whether she's willing to risk it...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0515139408, Mass Market Paperback)

Three women learn that the heart of their historic home holds a mystery of years gone by, as number-one bestselling author Nora Roberts brings her In the Garden trilogy to a captivating conclusion, following Blue Dahlia and Black Rose.

Hayley Phillips came to Memphis hoping for a new start, for herself and her unborn child. She wasn't looking for a handout from her distant cousin Roz, just a job at her thriving In the Garden nursery. What she found was a home surrounded by beauty and the best friends she's ever had-including Roz's son Harper. To Hayley's delight, her new daughter Lily has really taken to him. To Hayley's chagrin, she has begun to dream about Harper-as much more than a friend...

If Hayley gives in to her desire, she's afraid the foundation she's built with Harper will come tumbling down. Especially since she's begun to suspect that her feelings are no longer completely her own. Flashes of the past and erratic behavior make Hayley believe that the Harper Bride has found a way inside of her mind and body. It's time to put the Bride to rest once and for all, so Hayley can know her own heart again-and whether she's willing to risk it.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:52 -0400)

Hayley, finally finding a place to settle down with her young daughter, revels in newfound friendships, one of which leads to romance, while investigating a centuries-old mystery.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,538,323 books! | Top bar: Always visible