Dearly Devoted Dexter by Jeff Lindsay

Dearly Devoted Dexter (2005)

by Jeff Lindsay

Series: Dexter (2)

Recently added byAnna1990, rnbwpnt, tmmeyer, asyllh, private library, MysAnita, Library1890, Eiroz
    The Hellfire Club by Peter Straub (Bookmarque)
    Bookmarque: In every way a better book than any Dexter novel. Excellent villain and a more compelling story. This man can write.

English (89)  German (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (91)
Nick Landrum
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
I didn't like this as much as the first one. I am a little intrigued by the suggestion that Cody and Astor are going to be little mini-Dexters with homicidal tendencies, so I'll be looking forward to seeing how that develops in later books. Otherwise, I don't have much to say about this one-- it was creepy but not terribly compelling. ( )
  BraveNewBks | Mar 10, 2016 |
Our favorite psychopath is back. This time Dexter is helping his sister and "our nation's government" track a serial killer who has vengeance in mind. I found myself skimming in places. Not as engaging as the first book. ( )
  BookConcierge | Feb 14, 2016 |
A really good follow up to the first book in the series. I have no idea where Jeff Lindsay comes up with this stuff, but it's crazy. I can't wait to read the rest of the series. ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |
The second book in the Dexter series. Dexter is being followed around by Seareant Doakes which means Dexter's dark passenger doesn't get to come out and play. Instead he is stuck being a couch potato at his girlfriend Rita's house. Then Dexter and his sister get called in to a gruesome scene and his sister's new boyfriend disappears and she insists that Dexter find him. I enjoyed the dark humor of the book and like that Lindsay can make you feel like you are inside the mind of a serial killer. ( )
  RachelNF | Jan 15, 2016 |
For Tommie and Gus, who have certainly waited long enough.
It's that moon again, slung so fat and low in the tropical night, calling out across a curdled sky and into the quivering ears of that dear old voice in the shadows, the Dark Passenger, nestled snug in the backseat of the Dodge K-car of Dexter's hypothetical soul.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0307473716, Mass Market Paperback)

In this acclaimed follow-up to the bestselling novel Darkly Dreaming Dexter, we pick up with Dexter Morgan when he’s under considerable pressure. It’s not easy being an ethical serial killer—but he’s doing his best to keep up the disguise, spending time with his girlfriend and her kids, slowly becoming the world’s first serial killer couch potato. Then a particularly nasty psychopath starts cutting a trail through Miami and killer whose twisted techniques leave even Dexter speechless. When his sister Deborah, a tough-as-nails cop, is drawn into the case, it becomes clear that Dexter will have to do something about it. Unless, of course, the killer finds him first . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:49 -0400)

"Life's tough for Dexter Morgan. It's not easy being the world's only serial killer with a conscience, especially when you work for the Miami police. To avoid suspicion, Dexter's had to slip deep into his disguise: spending time with his girlfriend and her kids, slowly becoming the world's first serial killing couch potato. Then a particularly nasty psychopath starts cutting a trail through Miami--a killer whose twisted techniques leaves even Dexter speechless. When his sister Deborah, a tough-as-nails cop, is drawn into the case, it becomes clear that Dexter will have to come out of hiding and hunt the monster down. Unless, of course, the killer finds him first..."--Back cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,967,193 books! | Top bar: Always visible