Dearly Devoted Dexter by Jeff Lindsay

Dearly Devoted Dexter (2005)

by Jeff Lindsay

Series: Dexter (2)

Recently added byprivate library, TseMoana, martinb1, LitaVore
    The Hellfire Club by Peter Straub (Bookmarque)
    Bookmarque: In every way a better book than any Dexter novel. Excellent villain and a more compelling story. This man can write.

English (92)  German (1)  Spanish (1)  All (94)
Synopsis: Dexter is a serial killer, but he only kills people who deserve it, those who the justice system can't catch or can't prosecute. In this book, another killer is loose in his city and kidnaps his sister's boyfriend.
Review: If you are squeamish, these books aren't for you. The descriptions of torture are quite vivid. ( )
  DrLed | Feb 11, 2017 |
I liked this one better than the first. Dexter is growing on me. I'm certain I'll end up watching the show. The biggest thing that bugs me is his sister. She is always bitching, and every other word is GD. Ms. Potty Mouth needs a valium. I'm interested to see where his connection with his girlfriend's kids is headed. I suspected something was up with them. The details of gore in this one gave me chills, and I totally love the way his abnormal mind works. I will be continuing the series. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
Dexter and Doakes, constantly going head to head...until they must work together to solve the recent case of deranged Dr. Danco. Person by person, he's working on a list to wreak his revenge on the people that wronged him during the war. Doakes is on that list, and in an unlikely event, Dexter is the one that he must rely on to save him. ( )
  Kayla.Krantz | Jun 18, 2016 |
Nick Landrum
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
For Tommie and Gus, who have certainly waited long enough.
It's that moon again, slung so fat and low in the tropical night, calling out across a curdled sky and into the quivering ears of that dear old voice in the shadows, the Dark Passenger, nestled snug in the backseat of the Dodge K-car of Dexter's hypothetical soul.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0307473716, Mass Market Paperback)

In this acclaimed follow-up to the bestselling novel Darkly Dreaming Dexter, we pick up with Dexter Morgan when he’s under considerable pressure. It’s not easy being an ethical serial killer—but he’s doing his best to keep up the disguise, spending time with his girlfriend and her kids, slowly becoming the world’s first serial killer couch potato. Then a particularly nasty psychopath starts cutting a trail through Miami and killer whose twisted techniques leave even Dexter speechless. When his sister Deborah, a tough-as-nails cop, is drawn into the case, it becomes clear that Dexter will have to do something about it. Unless, of course, the killer finds him first . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:49 -0400)

"Life's tough for Dexter Morgan. It's not easy being the world's only serial killer with a conscience, especially when you work for the Miami police. To avoid suspicion, Dexter's had to slip deep into his disguise: spending time with his girlfriend and her kids, slowly becoming the world's first serial killing couch potato. Then a particularly nasty psychopath starts cutting a trail through Miami--a killer whose twisted techniques leaves even Dexter speechless. When his sister Deborah, a tough-as-nails cop, is drawn into the case, it becomes clear that Dexter will have to come out of hiding and hunt the monster down. Unless, of course, the killer finds him first..."--Back cover.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,463,940 books! | Top bar: Always visible