A Secret to Die For by Lisa Harris

A Secret to Die For

by Lisa Harris

If you want a book to get the adrenaline pumping, A Secret to Die for is the book for you. As I have come to expect from a Lisa Harris novel, this book is an action-packed ride from beginning to end. Someone is after Grace Callahan, a psychologist, and she has no idea why. Unbeknownst to her, a client of hers has given her secret information that others are willing to kill for to obtain it. When her client turns up dead, Nate Quinn is assigned the case. In the past, Grace and Nate had been good friends but lost touch over the years. Readers have the privilege of watching their friendship be rekindled while pondering the question of whether this is turning into more than a friendship or not. All of this happens in the midst of Nate's PTSD from a recent case he worked where a bomb killed several people including his partner and Grace's grief from a situation in her own personal life. Oh yeah, I can't forget this also happens while someone is working very hard to make sure Grace doesn't live long enough to figure out the secret information she was given by her client. Do yourself a favor and grab a copy of this book, fasten your seat belt, and enjoy the nail-biting suspense.

I was given a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  Melissa_O | Nov 10, 2018 |
This is a wonderful book filled with suspense and romance. There are a lot of twists and turns. Grace and Nate become reunited after losing touch after college. Nate must protect Grace after she helps one of her patients. I really love this author and her stories. I received a copy of this book from Revell for a fair and honest opinion that I gave of my own free will. ( )
  Virginia51 | Oct 9, 2018 |
There are a group of authors who I can count on every time I pick up their book. Lisa Harris is one of those writers and A Secret to Die For did not disappoint me.
The characters were well written, and I appreciated the way the heroine, Grace Callahan, handled being divorced after a tragic event destroyed her marriage. Nate Quinn is working through his own PTSD issues while trying to protect Grace.
The story is filled with action and yet balances romance in a realistic way as Grace and Nate are reunited after years of being apart. When one of Grace’s patients is murdered, she and Nate are thrust into uncovering the truth behind conspiracy theories and crazed accounts.
The twists are unexpected, and the book had me flipping pages long into the evening. Lisa Harris always delivers a great story and A Secret to Die For was no exception. ( )
  ShareeKim | Oct 5, 2018 |
Title: A Secret to Die For
Author: Lisa Harris
Pages: 336
Year: 2018
Publisher: Revell
My rating: 5 out of 5 stars
The main character, Grace, is a psychologist who had a client she was convinced was dealing with paranoia. When he is found dead, there is a business card found in the deceased man’s pocket. Just when Grace has found a place in her life to start fresh, that is shattered. On top of that, the detective asking questions is a man who had been her ex-husband’s friend.
What becomes apparent to Detective Nate Quinn is that life isn’t settling down for him. When his PTSD becomes a problem when he is working, will he be able to help Grace through her trials? Both Nate and Grace have broken souls, longing to be free of the people who seem intent on making them pay for something they don’t completely understand. Yet, the ramifications are huge!
Lisa Harris writes a tale that is heart-pounding, with imperfect characters who cling to faith just to breathe. I always look forward to Lisa’s novels as they delve into areas like PTSD, broken marriages and burying a child after battling a long illness. While these are hard and heart-wrenching issues in real life, Lisa points to the One who can bring us hope against a background of pain.
The pace of this novel is fast and with never-ending surprise twists in the plot and climactic moments. Grab a copy and enjoy this latest thriller from the pen of an author who isn’t afraid to deal with the harshest and dangerous moments in life, leading readers to see the Light of God still shines all the time!
Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/. Also follow me on Twitter@lcjohnson1988, Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457 ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | Oct 2, 2018 |
Wow! Another wild ride from Lisa Harris.

As soon as I saw that this book features a character dealing with PTSD, I knew I wanted to read it. Detective Nate Quinn is still dealing with the psychological aftereffects of a bombing that killed 18 people, including his partner. From the first chapter, I loved reading Nate's story and his struggles with faith following such a traumatic event. Harris did a great job depicting this subject in a way that was heart-wrenchingly realistic.
I also loved Grace's character (and her name.
The plot. Whoa! Like I said, a wild ride! This book starts out with a bang, and the craziness is almost nonstop. The mystery was intriguing, and I was kept guessing as to the identity of the true villain. While the subject matter (a cyberterrorist attack on the US grid) seemed slightly far-fetchedfuturistic, it was still interesting nonetheless. And the technical aspect, while not overly detailed, was particularly interesting to me.

One thing that I love about each of Harris's books is the strong, realistic Christian themes presented throughout. While that subject tends to get lost in a lot of Christian romantic suspense books, Harris always does a fabulous job of incorporating it very naturally into the story, and I often find my own faith and beliefs strengthened by it.

My main gripe would be that the ending felt very sudden and slightly anticlimactic. After the adrenaline-laced first three-quarters of the book, it just felt a little lackluster. Plus a little more time to wrap things up would have been nice.

But overall, I greatly enjoyed this new release from Lisa Harris and recommend it to lovers of good, clean romantic suspense.

CONTENT NOTE: Recommended for ages 15 . This book is very clean, with little more than a few not-described kisses in the way of romance, and some violence. People are shot at, run off the road and nearly drowned, kidnapped, etc. ( )
  SarahGraceGrzy | Oct 2, 2018 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Lisa Harris's book A Secret to Die For is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,208,269 books! | Top bar: Always visible