Accounting Quickstart Guide: The Simplified…

Accounting Quickstart Guide: The Simplified Beginners Guide to Real-world…

by Josh Bauerle

2913544,741 (4)None

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was a very good introduction to the practical mechanics of accounting. I needed a quick overview for work and this certainly fit the bill. It is not intended, nor would it, be a replacement for a college level introductory text. But as a supplement, or a 'how-to' introduction, it works great. ( )
  icadams | Jan 8, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I was looking for a basic and easy to understand guide to accounting. I believe this book tics all the boxes for me. Since I am not a mathematically inclined person and do not have this knowledge under my belt, this book is a great place to get started for me. ( )
1 vote QueenWeaver | Dec 5, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a broad introduction to US accounting practices with the small business owner in mind. It says it's also for students (of accounting?) and finance professionals, but I would like to think that professionals working in finance would already know this stuff. There are extensive online resources to complement the actual book content. I still feel like I need to consult a CPA to get my ducks in a row the first time, but maybe with the help of this book I could handle the accounting needs of my small business from then on. ( )
  Lindoula | Nov 2, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I recently completed an "Introduction to Financial Accounting" class from my local community college, and I can say that Josh Bauerle's Accounting Quickstart Guide would have been an asset if I had had the time to use it. As someone who had no exposure to the ins and outs of accounting prior to taking the course, said course had a lot of stuff that I had no awareness of, and had substantial problems grasping on a theoretical or practical level.

Written and formatted more or less as "Financial Accounting for Dummies", the value of this book seems to hinge on whether or not you think you need a book matching that description. There are no elaborate accounting problems, test prep sections, or anything else you would expect to see from textbooks. Although there are word problems and parts where lines and bubbles are drawn on financial statements, this has more to do with showing how various principles work than anything else. ( )
  Matthew1982 | Sep 9, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The book was well written, with many examples to illustrate the author's explanation of a specific topic. Since there are many aspects to accounting,, some topics of what the author was explaing
were more involved than others and therefore more difficult to follow. Because of the author's education and training, what would appear easy or simple to him, might have a tendency to leave the uniformed
somewhat at a loss. Overall I did learn some information relative to accounting, taxes, the IRS, and how large companies tend to operate. Since I have been an active trader (with a broker) on the NYSE for
the past 30 years, the section regarding stocks and bonds as they relate to corporations was particularly interesting. Since I am retired, I will not become a bookkeeper, accountant, or a CPA anytime soon.
However, since a CPA wrote this book, I trust the information contained in it, the same as I trust the CPA that files my Federal Income Tax returns every year. Greg Kornacki ( )
  gjklibrary | Aug 15, 2018 |
I've won this book in Librarything review program twice, but I didn't receive it in June, and for the second time I've won it in July and received it about couple of days ago. I've read this book in 2 days, which doesn't mean it's easy to understand or not important, but because I had to share my honest review with the Author as soon as I could.

This book includes not just accounting sections but some usefull tips of how to write The Financial Section of a Business Plan such as: FINANCIAL STATEMENTS, Balance Sheet, FINANCIAL STATEMENT ANALYSIS, Methods of Depreciation, ASSETS, LIABILITIES and EQUITY which were really helpful to me because currently I'm writting my business plan.

The Author began with the introduction of ACCOUNTING AS A TOOL OF BUSINESS, and a great explaination of Business Entity Types the way your business will be taxed. (really helpful especially if you haven't register your company yet). He broke down Branches of Accounting to: Bookkeeping, Financial Accounting for External Parties, Managerial Accounting for Internal Parties, Income Tax Accounting as the four most essential and prevalent accounting branches.

You'll also find a chapter of MONITORING STOCKS & INVESTMENTS in this book with some usefull information especailly to know how stocks and investing is connected to all businesses.

The most interesting part of the book for me is chapter 9: Detecting and Preventing Fraud.

I really liked the way that author covered this chapter and explained about how Ethics and fraud prevention are critical aspects of accounting, Accountants and bookkeepers, as well as any business professionals are handling sensitive financial records and they must exercise an exceptional degree of ethical decision-making and scrutiny.
There are a lot of True stories about trainers, bookkeepers, etc, of fraud that affecting companies of all sizes and involving all types of perpetrators. Small-business owners may hold the mistaken impression that their close-knit, family-like work environment makes them immune from fraud.

I give trully 5 star out of 5 because of all those reasons that I mentioned above, and I truley suggest you to order it today specially if you're trying to handle your own or business finances. It is very easy to understand and grasp, you will learn a lot from it.

I’d like to thank John Donnachie and Clydebank Media for providing me a copy of this book along with other digital materials including modules, video contents and free access to all these great materials on their website in exchange of an honest and unbiased feedback for the book. to read more about this book take a look at http://3ee.info/accounting-quickstart... which is a book review website.
added by Amin916 | editLibraryThing.com, 3ee (Aug 12, 2018)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Josh Bauerle's book Accounting QuickStart Guide: The Simplified Beginner’s Guide to Real-World Financial & Managerial is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,612,896 books! | Top bar: Always visible