Joshua's Family: The Long-Awaited Prequel to…

Joshua's Family: The Long-Awaited Prequel to the Bestselling Joshua (2007)

by Joseph F. Girzone

This "prequel" to the Joshua series tells us what Joshua's life was like as a boy. Joshua's life parallel's that of Jesus, though the book is set in the modern day US. Miriam, Joseph, and Joshua move to a new town, where Joseph fixes up a broken down house for them. Joshua has unusual abilities and a special kind of Charisma, which he uses for good, such as when he helps a local kid out of a drug problem.

This is a heartwarming story, though some of the way's Girzone interprets Joshua's character (as a retelling of Jesus) may not agree with everyone. Some of the storylines, like the one dealing with the drug problem, were resolved way to simply and didn't seem realistic to me. Still, it makes for a thought-provoking story. ( )
  debs4jc | Dec 3, 2007 |
I had never read any of this series but thought I would give it a try. I was a heartwarming story. Although I read the whole book it was not something that I usually read I found it very unbeleivable and childish. I would not recomend this book. ( )
  bethmal | Jun 17, 2007 |

This engaging prequel to Joseph Girzone’s bestselling series, which has sold more than 5 million books in the United States, describes Joshua’s early years and the first inklings of his destiny as a messenger of love in a troubled world.
Millions of readers around the world have followed the story of the gentle woodcarver and carpenter who was first introduced in 1983 in Joseph Girzone’s beloved parable, Joshua. In JOSHUA’S FAMILY, Girzone travels back in time, painting a captivating portrait of the mother and father who nurtured Joshua and of the friends and neighbors who viewed the unusually precocious child with an uneasy balance of wonder and skepticism. Joshua’s extraordinary nature and mysterious gifts come to light even as he participates in the ordinary routines of small-town life: his gentleness and loving spirit imbue his interactions with contemporaries and adults alike. As he grows from child to adolescent, Joshua gradually awakens to the knowledge that he has been placed on earth for a special reason. Leaving the comforts of family and a familiar world, he moves to the outskirts of a distant town, where he will begin to teach others how the powers of love, tolerance, and understanding can heal the divisions in the human family and bring everlasting peace to the world. This is the book so many have been waiting for, and its powerful message is a much-needed antidote to the difficulties in today’s world.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:06:29 -0400)

This prequel to the "Joshua" series describes Joshua's early years and the first inklings of his destiny as a messenger of love in a troubled world.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,328,819 books! | Top bar: Always visible