My sister, the serial killer : a novel by…

My sister, the serial killer : a novel (original 2017; edition 2018)

by Oyinkan Braithwaite

Member:jpmuzzall
Title:My sister, the serial killer : a novel
Authors:Oyinkan Braithwaite
Info:New York : Doubleday, [2018]
Collections:Read in 2019

My Sister, the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite (2017)

English (44)  Piratical (1)  All languages (45)
I enjoyed this little, disturbing book. Story about sisters and some murders. ( )
  futrzak13 | Apr 14, 2019 |
"It takes a whole lot longer to dispose of a body than to dispose of a soul....." Korede

Korede's sister Ayoola has a man problem. Korede is dedicated to her younger sister so she helps her out with this problem no matter the hour of day or night, even to the detriment of her own life.
This book starts off strong, short chapters make it a fast paced read. The conclusion however comes sudden and stalls leaving an "oh, well" sort of feeling.
Braithwaite is still honing her craft and I expect her writing will mature in time and I'm looking forward to her next offering. ( )
  Carmenere | Apr 9, 2019 |
Don't waste your time with this one. I'm glad that it was a short book, so I didn't have much time invested. The book goes nowhere, and makes absolutely no sense, and the ending resolves nothing. In fact the whole book made me wonder why bother to write such a book. ( )
  Romonko | Apr 6, 2019 |
Three boyfriends gone sour – followed by their three deaths that big sister Korede has helped her beautiful black-widow younger sister, Ayolla, cover up. But the family of the last victim insist on searching for the missing man ... and neighbors saw the two girls acting suspiciously around Korede's car which the police impound for evidence.

And …. Ayoola has now set her sights on Korede's love-from-afar, Dr Tade Otumu. Dr Otomu falls hard for Ayoola, just as every man does.

Protecting her crush would betray her sister. Protecting her sister means abandoning a good man to certain death.

Where do Korede's loyalties lie?

I found this an entertaining, quick read. The sisters' relationship and bond ring true in an exaggerated, co-dependent way. The tension builds.
  streamsong | Mar 29, 2019 |
A simple story that impresses for being simply told. ( )
  mpho3 | Mar 22, 2019 |

Oyinkan Braithwaiteprimary authorall editionscalculated
Oduye, AdeperoNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Windsor, Michael J.Cover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my family, whom I love very much:

Akin, Tokunbo, Obafunke, Siji, Ore
Ayoola summons me with these words -- Korede, I killed him.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,187,585 books! | Top bar: Always visible