The Lady and Sons Savannah Country Cookbook…

The Lady and Sons Savannah Country Cookbook

by Paula H. Deen

Series: The Lady and Sons (1)

376None28,754 (3.86)2

Made an amazing drunken sirloin roast from here. Everything I've made has been good... though I've added more salt than recommended... then again I'm an over-salter. ( )
  steadfastreader | Mar 18, 2014 |
Not a bad read. Can't vouch for the recipes. ( )
  madamepince | Dec 28, 2011 |
One of the earliest books from the proprietor of a famous Georgia restaurant, The Lady and Sons in Savannah (although web reviews indicate it has gone somewhat downhill). This is a great resource for southern US cooking (see also Mildred Council for more southern cooking). Paul Deen has, in addition to the restaurant, a magazine, TV shows, etc. - see www.pauladeen.com.
  Carrie.deSilva | Aug 28, 2011 |
This is a great cookbook and my favorite of the few that I own by Paula Deen. Though there are a few recipes in it that don't sound too good to me because I am a picky eater, there are a lot that remind me of the good Southern cooking t hat my family does. I will definitely be keeping this one. ( )
  ladybug74 | Nov 27, 2010 |
If you only have one Paula Deen on your shelf, this one is the best of the bunch. It was written before she became popular on the Food Network. Recipes are uniquely southern and family friendly. ( )
  readit2 | Sep 4, 2008 |

Paula H. Deenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Berendt, JohnIntroductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0375751114, Plastic Comb)

From one of the most frequently visited restaurants in Savannah, The Lady & Sons, comes this collection of down-home Southern family favorites. Paula H. Deen, the owner and proprieter, has created a friendly cookbook filled with hundreds of quick and easy recipes. Perfect for home entertainment, family picnics, or Sunday dinners, The Lady & Sons Savannah Country Cookbook completes any kitchen.

"I tell Savannah-bound friends that if they want a short course in the meaning of Southern cooking--the flavors, the ambience, indeed the very heart of Southern cooking--they should drop in at The Lady & Sons."
--from the introduction by JOHN BEHRENDT, author of Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil

"The recipes in this book are so wonderful, I almost ate the book!"
--FANNIE FLAGG, author of Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:33:28 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,474,275 books! | Top bar: Always visible