First Degree by David Rosenfelt

First Degree (edition 2004)

by David Rosenfelt

Member:srearley
Title:First Degree
Authors:David Rosenfelt
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2004), Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Tags:2012, mystery

First Degree by David Rosenfelt

Another good mystery & tense court room drama as Andy protects the innocent. Gardner did a great job of reading it again, too. For the most part, the mystery & evidence was pretty well done, although there was some predictability & I felt like kicking him for missing the obvious a couple of times. One thing in particular bothered me - the gas can. One was found at the scene with gas mixed with propane in it. Propane? That's a gas as far as I know. Never heard of anyone mixing it with gas. Another gas can with the same mix was found in Laurie's garage & no one asked the obvious question - why 2? How many suburbanites have 2 cans of the same gas around? I keep 2 around, but I have a lawn tractor that uses a full tank (4 gallons) each time I mow everything plus I use the gas to mix up other cans for the weedeaters & chainsaws.

Fun characters & they like dogs, which is a plus. I'll disagree with Andy. His Golden Retriever, Tara, might be a great dog, but the BEST dog is my English Pointer, Lily. Ah well, we can let that slide.
;-)

I'm going to listen to another soon. They're short & fun. ( )
  jimmaclachlan | Aug 18, 2014 |
Another great fast paces murder mystery ( )
  bke | Mar 30, 2014 |
This early Andy Carpenter mystery has the suspense and laugh-out-loud humor of his later books, and helps set the stage for later events. When the body of a crooked cop is found burned and the head missing, events unfold until Andy's girlfriend Laura is arrested for his murder, Of course, he undertakes her defense in spite of difficult odds. ( )
  sleahey | May 20, 2013 |
Second book in the Andy Carpenter series. Okay not great. ( )
  librarian1204 | Apr 26, 2013 |
Yikes, 12 days in to the new year, and I'm just now finishing my first book of the year? I had trouble getting into a book, but I'm glad I stuck with this one. I've only recently discovered Rosenfelt and am enjoying his voice and getting to know his characters. ( )
  srearley | Nov 22, 2012 |
To Doris and Obby Rosenfelt,
Herb Jaffe, and David Laser

If you knew them,
your lives are better for it.
Opening day.
Said separately, they're just two ordinary words.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 044661386X, Mass Market Paperback)

Nominated for the Edgar and Shamus awards, Rosenfelt's debut novel, "Open and Shut," introduced irreverent lawyer Andy Carpenter. Now, Andy must save the love of his life, lead P.I. Laurie Collins, when she's framed for the murder of a cop.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:45:50 -0400)

The mysterious legacy of defence attorney Andy Carpenter's late father has made him a rich man. But as Andy relaxes in his office, imagining ways to spend his money, he has an unexpected visitor - a stranger who confesses to decapitating and burning a man.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,328,133 books! | Top bar: Always visible