A Tycoon's Secret by Avery Laval

A Tycoon's Secret

by Avery Laval

731,615,587 (4.33)None

A Beautifully written addition to the Sin City Tycoons Series. I enjoyed every bit of Khalid and Marissa's tale. ( )
  yafa2218 | Sep 26, 2018 |
I enjoyed this book and would like to recommend it for others to read. The heroine was easy to admire most of the time. Of course, the book wouldn't have been as interesting if she had been perfect. But I did enjoy the insights the author gave to the emotions and characteristics of Khalid. It is a good book and enjoyable to read, very entertaining. ( )
  SueYates | Jun 20, 2018 |
A great end to the series
4 stars

I am a huge fan of Avery Laval. Her writing is so effortless. It sets a scene and really draws you into the story. And that’s exactly what happens with this story. It’s the third in the Sin City Tycoon’s series but it stands completely alone so you don’t have to worry about reading other books to understand and enjoy this one.

The story focusses on the complicated relationship between Khalid and Marissa. Three years ago, things were going particularly well for the pair in their first throes of new love - until, out of the blue, Khalid learns that he is actually a sheikh from a foreign land and has to leave Marissa just as she’s getting ready to tell him some life-changing news. After losing contact, the pair reunite three years later in Cairo.

And that’s when my daydream of being captured by an enigmatic, taciturn sheikh comes right into play. Oh boy!

I liked Marissa a lot - enjoying especially that she wasn’t afraid to face up to her emotions and admit, at the very least to herself, what she wanted and what her feelings were. Of course I also liked Khalid - who wouldn’t? But I really would have loved to get some evidence of him acting a little more tender and friendly - before he learned of his true parentage and during the ‘ideal’ weeks that he and Marissa spent together. I like an alpha male - I just want the kisses and cuddles, too.

There’s definitely a level of distrust between the pair although you can completely understand the root causes. I wasn’t best pleased with Khalid later in the story when yet another trust issues rears its ugly head. I’m not saying it wasn’t realistic, I just felt inclined to shout at him to stop being such a stupid bugger.

The story races along and even with the false ending (where I found myself chastising Marissa for forgiving Khalid too quickly only to realise she hadn’t because it wasn’t the end at all!) I finished this book in super quick time.

I’m hoping that Ms Laval brings out books for all of Marissa’s brothers. Or just any books. Just write more books, please. This one is a light and fun sheikh fantasy that’s perfect for a lazy weekend or to read on holiday when you can imagine being captured by your own mysterious sheikh. 4 stars. ( )
  joreadsromance | Jun 4, 2018 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Avery Laval's book A Tycoon's Secret: The Sin City Tycoons Series is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Avery Laval is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,768,907 books! | Top bar: Always visible