Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

The 4-Hour Work Week: Escape 9-5, Live…

The 4-Hour Work Week: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich… (original 2007; edition 2007)

by Timothy Ferriss, Ray Porter (Reader)

Member:usmanilyas
Title:The 4-Hour Work Week: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich (Library Edition)
Authors:Timothy Ferriss
Other authors:Ray Porter (Reader)
Info:Blackstone Audio, Inc. (2007), Edition: Unabridged, Audio Cassette

The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Timothy Ferriss (2007)

English (78)  German (4)  French (1)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (87)
I picked up this book thinking it was going to be about productivity, which some of it was (and I enjoyed those parts), but it felt more like a self-help book (which it says it is on the back cover). So, I had different expectations of the book and because of this I didn't read it all. I also didn't read every page because it was filled with too much fluff.
  oddogre | Mar 22, 2019 |
Insufferably pompous. I can't stomach the lack of ethics, the "get rich now at others' expense" 'tude. Surely there's some interesting info in here, but somebody who's so desperately trying to impress me in a Robin Leach way isn't worth listening to.
  patl | Feb 18, 2019 |
Equal parts motivating and despair inducing.

There is value in this book, but it is well overdue an update (even though the copy I bought a few weeks ago claims to have already been updated), and many of the tips and resources no longer exist, or are US specific, which isn't much use to me as someone who bought it in an Australian bookshop. ( )
  squizzie | Jan 19, 2019 |
A valuable book I've recommended to many people. Read it, then chec out fiverr and upwork to find virtual assistants and others who can help you ( )
  robkall | Jan 3, 2019 |
I'm not enjoying it, perhaps because my current job is too good? ( )
  scottkirkwood | Dec 4, 2018 |
Forget “follow your dreams.” Ferriss recommends creating intellectual property by searching Writer’s Market for obscure magazines with 15,000-plus circulations whose readers spend money in the same consumer patterns as, say, bass fishermen, then asking the magazines’ advertising directors to e-mail you rate cards while you search back issues for repeat advertisers who sell directly to consumers via 1-800 numbers and Web sites. I’m not kidding. That’s Step 1.

The book's essential premise is that what Ferriss calls the "deferred-life plan" -- the path of working for 40 years to fund a 20-year retirement -- is both escapable and worth escaping.
added by mikeg2 | editThe Motley Fool, John Rosevear (Jul 12, 2007)

For my parents, Donald and Frances Ferriss, who taught a little hellion that marching to a different drummer was a good thing. I love you both and owe you everything.
Is lifestyle design for you?
Just because you are embarrassed to admit that you're still living the consequences of bad decisions made 5, 10, or 20 years ago shouldn't stop you from making good decisions now. If you let pride stop you, you will hate life 5, 10, or 20 years from now for the same reasons. I hate to be wrong and sat in a dead-end trajectory with my own company until I was forced to change directions or face total breakdown -- I know how hard it is.

Now that we're on a level playing field: Pride is stupid.

What do you do? Tim Ferriss has trouble answering the question. Depending on when you ask this
controversial Princeton University guest lecturer, he might answer:

“I race motorcycles in Europe.”
“I ski in the Andes.”
“I scuba dive in Panama.”
“I dance tango in Buenos Aires.”

He has spent more than five years learning the secrets of the New Rich, a fast-growing subculture who has abandoned the “deferred-life plan” and instead mastered the new currencies—time and mobility—to create luxury lifestyles in the here and now.

Whether you are an overworked employee or an entrepreneur trapped in your own business, this book is the compass for a new and revolutionary world. Join Tim Ferriss as he teaches you:

• How to outsource your life to overseas virtual assistants for $5 per hour and do whatever you want
• How blue-chip escape artists travel the world without quitting their jobs
• How to eliminate 50% of your work in 48 hours using the principles of a forgotten Italian economist
• How to trade a long-haul career for short work bursts and freuent "mini-retirements"
• What the crucial difference is between absolute and relative income
• How to train your boss to value performance over presence, or kill your job (or company) if it’s beyond repair
• What automated cash-flow “muses” are and how to create one in 2 to 4 weeks
• How to cultivate selective ignorance—and create time—with a low-information diet
• What the management secrets of Remote Control CEOs are
• How to get free housing worldwide and airfare at 50–80% off
• How to fill the void and create a meaningful life after removing work and the office

You can have it all—really.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:53 -0400)

Offers techniques and strategies for increasing income while cutting work time in half, and includes advice for leading a more fulfilling life.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,478,154 books! | Top bar: Always visible