Four Fires by Bryce Courtenay

Four Fires (edition 2003)

by Bryce Courtenay

Member:amybclarke
Title:Four Fires
Authors:Bryce Courtenay
Info:Penguin Books (2003), Paperback, 800 pages

Four Fires by Bryce Courtenay

The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver (hoddybook)
    hoddybook: Different eras, different continents, different family structures. I enjoyed them both and thought of the other while experiencing the second.

Bryce Courtney has a way of presenting his caracters in a charming and disarming way. The stories are tough not always happy but somehow the bad makes his caracters better. I didn’t give this book 5 stars because I felt it was a bit longj and could have been shortened a bit especially the part about Tommy describing his time as a POW and the japanese. That was a difficult read and could have been less. This is my second book by this author and I am sad to leave his characters that I have liked a lot. ( )
  janismack | Oct 29, 2017 |
I found this book engrossing. Courtenay has woven a mesmerizing tale about an Australian family of Irish decent. It culminates in the father's war experience as finally divuldged to one son. I love his style of writing in this Historical Fiction novel. ( )
  paulhock | Oct 17, 2017 |
Angus and Robertson Top 100 (2006 - 2008) Book #95.
I have read this book many times, and always enjoy it. Bryce Courtney is one of my favourite authors, and Four Fires is the one that I will recommend the most for other people to read. I enjoy every page everytime I read it! ( )
  amme_mr | May 1, 2015 |
Great book, couldn't put it down. I never thought that Bryce Courtney could write such great books. ( )
  Tara.Ross | Mar 14, 2014 |
I learnt a lot of history from this book. ( )
  jeannie_h | May 2, 2012 |

A story of the power of love and the triumph of the human spirit against the odds.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,835,320 books! | Top bar: Always visible