dismiss

When Heaven Weeps (Martyr's Song, Book 2) by…

When Heaven Weeps (Martyr's Song, Book 2) (edition 2001)

by Ted Dekker (Author)

Series: Martyr's Song (2)

The author of "Heaven's Wager" masterfully weaves suspense and intrigue into a powerful romance of unearthly proportions. A stubborn and lost young woman destined to learn life the hard way meets a love determined not to let her go. A stubborn & lost young woman destined to learn life the hard way meets a love determined not to let her go. Annotation. In the compelling tradition of his debut novel Heavens Wager, Ted Dekker brings a romance of epic proportions. In what he describes as "the Hosea story meets Song of Solomon," readers will be captivated by the unbelievable story of a young girl and how her remarkable trials and errors drastically alter the events of her life and everyone she meets-ultimately helping her find the secret of how to find true love.… (more)
Member:JaredMarkJenkins
Title:When Heaven Weeps (Martyr's Song, Book 2)
Authors:Ted Dekker (Author)
Info:W Pub Group (2001), 256 pages

When Heaven Weeps (Martyr's Song, Book 2) by Ted Dekker

Involving to the last page

Ted Dekker is a new author to me, but I picked this because of an enthusiastic quote by Frank Peretti, whose own writing I always enjoy - two favourites by him are 'The Oath' and 'The Visitation'.
Though 'When Heaven Weeps' is written from a Christian world-view it doesn't thrust the author's beliefs in your face. The characters are well-drawn and totally believable, and although two of the main characters are Christians, others are not.
The story is described as a romantic thriller - don't choose it expecting 'Mills & Boon', but if you are looking for 'thrilling', 'breathtaking' and 'passionate', this is the one. I started and finished it within half a day, unable to leave the characters without knowing what was going to happen to them.
The roots of the story lie in an ugly and shocking incident in Bosnia during WW2. The effects of this on some of those present continue to resonate twenty years later, when the bulk of the novel is set. The story is primarily about people and choices and is so well written that I, for one, found myself caring passionately about the people and was mentally urging one of them in particular not to make a particular disastrous choice. Right to the end, you can't be sure what is going to happen.
I will certainly be reading other novels by this author. ( )
  Kindleifier | Nov 15, 2019 |
Janjic Jovic's life changes due to his witnessing an act of selfless love in a Balkan village. Twenty years later, as an evangelist, America, his life changes again when he encounters Helen, a beautiful young woman whose life is in a desperate state with her being controlled by evil chracters. Really good stuff ( )
  cbinstead | Feb 24, 2015 |
This entire trilogy by Dekker is both an enthralling read, and one of the most beautiful depictions of God's love. Although it is only a fiction novel, it can read almost like a devotional. Deeply touching. ( )
  kayrachelle85 | Jan 24, 2008 |
This was the first Ted Dekker book that I read, and still remains one of my favourites. It is a parable based on the Biblical story of Hosea, and is a story of unconditional love.
The book is written in a few 'parts', the biggest difference being between the first and second part. The first part introduces the reader to two main characters, and is set in war-torn Bosnia. The rest of the book is set a few years down the line...
The book is fairly violent and pretty graphic, so don't read it if you are of a sensitve nature. The story however is enthralling. ( )
  brightspark | Oct 9, 2007 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 149,246,738 books! | Top bar: Always visible